bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Caelum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 24, 10 12:35 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Caelum? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Caelum

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on Aug 24, 10 1:23 AM

OK so this is kinda like Peggle, but not really because with Peggle the gravity is realistic and you can 'foresee' your shot. This isn't near as accurate.

The robot diary started out mildly humorous, then turned very 'Save the Planet'.

Skip this, grab one of the Peggle games instead.

Angel

FeyKina
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by FeyKina on Aug 24, 10 1:44 AM
If you like Peggle - you will like this.A bit slower as was mentioned. But having only begun it will probably take a while to adjust to the new aim style. I think it will be a buy for me, having gone as high as I can in the other Peggle games.

Fey

ToonaCat
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by ToonaCat on Aug 24, 10 5:13 AM
I used a coupon for this one, because I am a big, big Peggle fan! This is similar, but the shots here are more floaty vs kinetic (appropriate for space). I like the anti-gravity paddle, and the musings of the Robot in his diary.

I also like the music and sounds, relaxing for this type of game.

PS, If you like this one, and don't have Peggle yet, or Peggle Nights, be sure you check them out here at Big Fish! Similar mechanic, but full of wonderful characters and features.

Edited on 08/24/2010 at 5:14:57 AM PST

rainice
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by rainice on Aug 24, 10 6:27 AM
This game will appeal to those people who like aim and shoot style games. I myself only lasted 10 minutes. The reason? Although the game was well laid out with a quirky sense of humour to it, it quickly came to a level where I knew with my poor skill level at such games I would get far more frustration than enjoyment from the game. I still think this is a good game. It just isn't for me.

hezekia
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by hezekia on Aug 24, 10 11:41 AM
_Angel_angel wrote:
OK so this is kinda like Peggle, but not really because with Peggle the gravity is realistic and you can 'foresee' your shot. This isn't near as accurate.

The robot diary started out mildly humorous, then turned very 'Save the Planet'.

Skip this, grab one of the Peggle games instead.

Angel

My thoughts exactly. I am concerned and conscious of conservation of all God's creations but am not playing casual games or paying to see a movie to be preached at or made to feel evil (think Avatar).

Edited on 08/24/2010 at 11:45:10 AM PST

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Aug 24, 10 12:51 PM
My impression is that this is Peggle for those who'd rather play it without all the girly unicorns and childish fanfare.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Aug 24, 10 3:17 PM
As other posted already before, this game is similar to Peggle and Peggle Nights, but not so good. I recommend to you, skip this game and buy Peggle and/or Peggle Nights instead. This is no buy for me

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Aug 24, 10 5:32 PM
I went and played the Peggle and Peggle Nights demos just now, and I do think that the difference in game environment might be preferable to some people. This game may not be as polished or colorful, but all that fanfare at the end of each round of Peggle can be pretty tedious, even with the sound of it off. As for me, I'm not particularly tempted to pay full price for any of them, but I have enjoyed playing all the demos today, and would likely buy any of them as a daily deal.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Aug 24, 10 7:03 PM
I really like this game. I like that the shots are erratic and bounce all over that place. It’s like playing pinball in outer space with a twist in gravity. I absolutely love the Robot humor. I am laughing out loud as I read the Robot’s log. I can’t wait to read the dialogue between the game play levels. The entries about the debates with the fly are hilarious.

I am enjoying the music and sound too. The music is light and soothing and the sounds as the balls collide and explode are interesting. I find this game an excellent choice when I want to take a break from puzzles and mazes and fragmented objects.

I give this game 5 of 5 stars.

anpd
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by anpd on Aug 25, 10 1:53 AM
Thanks alot to all the people that have enjoyed Caelum, I am one of the two members of ApGames. Really nice to see your comments both good and bad. To the people that didn´t enjoy the game, I hope you will find our next game more entertaining!

ToonaCat
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by ToonaCat on Aug 25, 10 4:52 AM
Hi, thanks for stopping by! I really like your game. The longer I play it, the more I like it. You did a very good job with the sounds in this game. I can't believe how relaxing playing the game is, yet challenging, and I like very much reading the Robot's diary in between rounds of play.

I wish the anti-gravity paddle would work more than once per ball, as I have been lucky a few times and hit it twice. With my aim, I could have used the help!

Good luck with your game, and for games you make in future.

anpd wrote:Thanks alot to all the people that have enjoyed Caelum, I am one of the two members of ApGames. Really nice to see your comments both good and bad. To the people that didn´t enjoy the game, I hope you will find our next game more entertaining!

anpd
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by anpd on Aug 25, 10 6:23 AM
ToonaCat wrote:Hi, thanks for stopping by! I really like your game. The longer I play it, the more I like it. You did a very good job with the sounds in this game. I can't believe how relaxing playing the game is, yet challenging, and I like very much reading the Robot's diary in between rounds of play.

I wish the anti-gravity paddle would work more than once per ball, as I have been lucky a few times and hit it twice. With my aim, I could have used the help!

Good luck with your game, and for games you make in future.

Thanks ToonaCat, yes that was one of our goals to make it a relaxing game without any stress And our writer will be very happy you liked his work!

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Aug 25, 10 5:37 PM
When I played the game a second time I saw that you can jiggle the screen by holding the mouse button and moving the mouse back and forth. I had missed that instruction the first time I played. So now I am having even more fun.

I also tried Peggle Nights and I did not like it as well as Caelum. Peggle seems more of a kids game. I think I would have liked Peggle more if it had not had all the frenzy at the end of each round. Caelum is mellow and relaxing and funny.

I hope the developer's next game has as much humor as this one. The Robot's log gets really funny when you get into the higher levels.

[Post New]by Coronagold on Aug 26, 10 9:26 PM
Here's an idea...Peggle style gameplay mixed with real pinball physics (and paddles), not the slow physics of Sonic Pinball please.

Taynicjam
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by Taynicjam on Aug 29, 10 5:19 AM
Sorry, this game is just Peggle with a few minor changes. I must admit I much prefer the way the rounds end as opposed to the time wasting of Peggle.

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on Sep 29, 11 4:22 PM
There is a reason why I should stay away from arcade games: I stink at them! Back in the '80s when arcades existed with all the latest games (Pacman, Space Invaders, Spy Hunters, etc), I went and spent numerous quarters playing the games, and I never got any good at any of them. Just don't have the knack.

So it was no surprise to me that I performed dismally on this game. Since it is a DD I thought I would give it a trial, but I just don't have the patience for arcade games. I can't compare it to other games here because I haven't tried any, so those of you who love arcade-style games may love this, too. I have seen a lot of reviews in favor of it.

Have fun, arcade players. I have met my match with this genre!

Go to: