bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

The Mac version of Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials is here!

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 24, 10 12:37 AM
If you would like to check it out , you can go to the game page here. The game play will be the same across both PC and Mac platforms so you can use this forum to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials players.

If you need further technical assistance for your Mac game, we recommend contacting tech support through our Webform, or if you're a Game Club Member, by connecting to Live Chat. To find answers online, you can take a glance at the Mac Game Errors help article..

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link to the right of this page.

Happy Gaming!

bfgFlounder

tomjard
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:The Mac version of Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials is here!

[Post New]by tomjard on Aug 24, 10 2:29 AM
I tried to download tomorrows game today, Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials, but it is the PC version even tho it is under MAC downloads.

edgery
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by edgery on Aug 24, 10 2:58 AM
Clicked on "Try it now" and wound up with the "new" Game Manager, which I wasn't using after beta testing, so booo! to that. Also, the game will not show as full screen. The main menu page does but as soon as I click play, it reduces to about 3/5s. I'm on a MacBook, and not sure I'll pay for this until I hear that at least the full-screen issue is addressed.

As for the GameManager thing, well, let's just say I'm not a fan of being told where and how my files will go without having any say about it. I suspect that's not uncommon among Mac users.

[Post New]by sadtomato on Aug 24, 10 10:29 AM
edgery wrote:As for the GameManager thing, well, let's just say I'm not a fan of being told where and how my files will go without having any say about it. I suspect that's not uncommon among Mac users.

I totally agree. I hate the game manager that was forced upon me, so much that I may not download Big Fish Games anymore. Please give us the option to play your games with out it.

Mystakill
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Mystakill on Aug 24, 10 12:27 PM
I had troubles with GM on Windows & my very first purchase of this game on Mac GM keeps crashing out to GM with a "Time's Up" before popping up the "Play Again" button.

Not a fan of GM. I prefer the old method, which worked without any issues. Granted, it was a *teeny* bit more time-consuming to activate a game, but I never had a problem with that method at all.

Edited on 08/24/2010 at 12:27:28 PM PST

Mentalistlvr
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by Mentalistlvr on Aug 24, 10 2:47 PM
edgery wrote:Clicked on "Try it now" and wound up with the "new" Game Manager, which I wasn't using after beta testing, so booo! to that. Also, the game will not show as full screen. The main menu page does but as soon as I click play, it reduces to about 3/5s. I'm on a MacBook, and not sure I'll pay for this until I hear that at least the full-screen issue is addressed.

As for the GameManager thing, well, let's just say I'm not a fan of being told where and how my files will go without having any say about it. I suspect that's not uncommon among Mac users.

You can still manage where your file goes in the game manager, under settings you can choose your own folder where the file should go.

wizwriter
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by wizwriter on Aug 24, 10 5:01 PM
Downloaded this game on Mac, worked fine on trial so I bought it. Now GM keeps crashing out to GM with a "Time's Up" before popping up the "Play Again" button. It tries to load and then crashes. Since there's no other way to reload, does anyone have any ideas???

[Post New]by thepianolady on Aug 24, 10 5:16 PM
"Downloaded this game on Mac, worked fine on trial so I bought it. Now GM keeps crashing out to GM with a "Time's Up" before popping up the "Play Again" button. It tries to load and then crashes. Since there's no other way to reload, does anyone have any ideas???"

This is exactly what is happening to me.

[Post New]by groovychic76 on Aug 24, 10 8:26 PM
So I guess we're all having this problem. Do we really need to be using the game manager? Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

Mystakill
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Mystakill on Aug 24, 10 8:28 PM
Just for grins, I removed it through GM and then re-installed it from the new stub installer on BFG.com. Now it's working. Go figure...

cattyha
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by cattyha on Aug 25, 10 5:48 AM
I was using VMware Fusion before BigFish was releasing Mac games on a regular basis so I was already used to the Game Manager on the PC side of my MacBook Pro. I liked the Game Manager then and after Beta testing it was excited to begin using it. I was very very surprised when it automatically loaded when I downloaded a trial version though. I would have liked to have had the option to do it on my own. Also, not near all of my purchased BF games show up on it....... I don't know how to get the others to show up.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Aug 25, 10 10:29 AM
thepianolady wrote:"Downloaded this game on Mac, worked fine on trial so I bought it. Now GM keeps crashing out to GM with a "Time's Up" before popping up the "Play Again" button. It tries to load and then crashes. Since there's no other way to reload, does anyone have any ideas???"

This is exactly what is happening to me.

Yep. This is happening to me as well.

Also, it let me play the demo version waaay past an hour, I suspect I could have completed if I hadn't had to quit.

Gotta say, I'm getting a little tired of having to uninstall and reinstall all of these Mac games and losing all game progress. Getting a bit old.

[Post New]by Godivarose on Aug 25, 10 6:44 PM
wizwriter wrote:Downloaded this game on Mac, worked fine on trial so I bought it. Now GM keeps crashing out to GM with a "Time's Up" before popping up the "Play Again" button. It tries to load and then crashes. Since there's no other way to reload, does anyone have any ideas???

[Post New]by Godivarose on Aug 25, 10 6:45 PM
Same thing happens here. Grrrrrrrrrrr, I was fine with the old way. Any solutions yet?

[Post New]by chattcat on Aug 25, 10 7:32 PM
I am having same prob as everyone else--enjoyed the trial, bought the game. I was surprised to have it download to the GM and now it just crashes seconds into the game. I have also noticed the game is not listed in my list of purchased games on BF site so I can not even try to re-download--very annoying. If they didn't have all the bugs worked out they should not have thrusted this darn GM on us.

janalyson
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by janalyson on Aug 26, 10 12:01 AM
I had the same problem with the game manager at first, but all I did was trash the application of the Midnight Mysteries and reinstalled it, and it worked great with the game manager from then on. The game is fun, I even played it twice, (which is odd for me), because I had the goal of finding 50 shamrocks. Then I had the Unlimited hidden objects section open, and enjoyed perfecting all of those. With all the different things to try to accomplish, I think I really got my money's worth from this game.

[Post New]by BeagleMama on Aug 26, 10 6:38 AM
I'm stuck. I'm at the house of Seven Gables, Courthouse fork in the road. I can't get into the house, I can't get into the courthouse, and I can't go back down the road the way I came. EA Poe's ghost just keeps popping up and my help raven keeps telling me I should go back to the cemetery but I can't. HELP?

[Post New]by Redhairedgal on Sep 3, 10 5:32 PM
I am totally stuck with the two girls who want a love potion. I have clicked on everything and can;t seem to get it. Help!

[Post New]by redshoesgirl on Sep 7, 10 5:23 PM
after trying to keep track of those stupid clovers, i finished the game three short, so a game i paid full price for, i cannot access the extra features. AND once one is finished in an area, one cannot go back to look for clovers.

that is very ANNOYING. and the game manager, don't even get me started on how ridiculous i find that to be. talk about making something simple into a messy big deal. let's just be able to install and uninstall games as we choose.

maybe it is a mac thing, but i don't like some piece of arbitrary software telling me where i can put things or when i choose to install a game.

things i liked about the game, the object were pretty much authentic to the time period and location, other than the opening scene with mp3 player. that was weird. i did have to use the blog walkthrough to figure out a few things, but overall, other than the clovers i like the game. but not enough to play in more than once. i started over once early in the game when i realized i had missed a clover and couldn't get back to the barn to find it. but those missing three, exasperating.

[Post New]by dndgirl on Oct 16, 10 1:08 PM
I just finished this game and I have to say it was one of the best hidden object games I have ever played. I enjoyed the storyline, the puzzles engaged me, and I liked the music so much I even watched the entire credits at the end. I also have the weird "time's up" problem. I finally trashed the game and reinstalled and was relieved to see I hadn't lost my progress. I never figured out what the clovers were for, so I didn't know there were extra features; I came up four short. I may just play the game again to find all 50 clovers and see what else happens.

Still, I give this game a 9 out of 10 only because of that one glitch; otherwise 10 out of 10 for the actual game!

Go to: