bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for My Kingdom for the Princess II

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 25, 10 12:44 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of My Kingdom for the Princess II? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for My Kingdom for the Princess II

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on Aug 25, 10 12:59 AM

Happy camper doing the happy dance!!

I LOVE THIS GAME!!

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Aug 25, 10 1:01 AM
Thank you Felix I love this game. I played the demo for two seconds and purchased the game. It is awesome just as good as the first one and it doesn't disappoint ! Great game. I would love to see BFG do a game like this and have Felix be the star building underwater. Great game love it ! Bring on more like this !! This definitely gets I'm with you on that Angel ! WHOOO HOOO !
THIS GAME ROCKS !!!!!!! LOVE IT !!!

Edited on 08/25/2010 at 1:05:44 AM PST

ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

[Post New]by ajuma on Aug 25, 10 1:12 AM
For those of you who haven't played the first MKftP, this is a time/resource management game. I won't go into the story as you kind of have to play the first one to understand...but it's not mandatory for the game...just for the story!

You chop wood, build houses (no, it isn't a building game!) repair bridges, hammer rocks and collect resources. Even if you don't finish before "nightfall" you can still keep playing....unless you totally run out of time.

Different things in this one so far: A little stop watch to let you know when resources are available....I LOVE this!

A hunting lodge: Your hunter can come out any time! You don't have to wait until a worker is available. I LOVE THIS!

Whack the bees with the hammer....don't quite see the point, but ok...

Trophy case. Kind of nice....

If you haven't played this type of game before, give it a try! You'll be come so addicted that you'll even DREAM about the game!

And don't worry that it's a TM!!

[Post New]by Ambermese on Aug 25, 10 1:23 AM
I love this game
Initially I got MKftP 1 for my Grandkids, but ended up playing it myself and loving it , so I was looking forward to a new one

I bought MKftP 2 before I even downloaded it , and im definately not disappointed I did

Edited on 08/25/2010 at 1:24:11 AM PST

loudlife
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by loudlife on Aug 25, 10 1:25 AM
Just finished the demo - love it! Just as fun as the first one and I'm with you, Ajuma - love the stop watches! A big bonus, as is the hunter. The one thing I didn't care for in the first one is the same thing I don't care for in this one: I hate the commentator's voice. I wish there was a separate option to mute him that wasn't tied to the other sound effects. I'm looking forward to buying this when I have the moolah (Btw, I didn't get that coupon code today...I'm waiting for a response from CS) - along with about 8 other games! I lost all my lives in the ocean just when the demo time ran out...

[Post New]by CheerfulDragon8 on Aug 25, 10 1:57 AM
Yet another favourable review for this game. I played for less than five minutes before I decided I want to buy this one. I've played about half the demo, and these are my thoughts so far.

Differences/improvements between the first one and this one:

Timer telling you how long before resources appear. This is useful because of bonus points for unused resources as well as for time left. Yes, I know the first game had the resource bonus, but it didn't have the timer.

Trophies/awards for achievements. Not sure what you have to do for each trophy, but it probably tells you. I've got two bronze awards so far.

Whacking hornets. This replaces the dash for gold on the first island at least. You have to whack 50 hornets, which I found a lot less stressful than sending workers dashing for gold.

A hunting lodge so you can have a hunter to chase wild beasts and insects. This leaves your workers free to do the building, repairing and rock-breaking.

The castle is actually a town. This is a difference, rather than an improvement, although it is still fun to see the town grow.

Things I don't like:
That man's voice. It's a different voice from the first game and I can't find any way to stop it. On the first game I didn't hear it if I clicked before my score came up. This time, I hear it no matter when I click.

I cancelled my BF Game Club membership because I felt I was spending too much on games, money I don't really have. So far this month there are seven games I'd like to buy. Thanks a lot! (Seriously, thanks for the great games ) Somehow, I think I'll be reactivating my membership. But it's only for this month, honest!

ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

[Post New]by ajuma on Aug 25, 10 2:07 AM
I found the first minor error. The first level on the second island tells you to build 2 farms. When I saw the picture I thought: "That's not a farm! That's a MINE!"

Even though the goals bar says to build 2 farms, build the mines!

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Aug 25, 10 2:31 AM
I loved the first game, and I love this one! It's difficult to describe how the game works, but it's fun. It's Time Management, but not anything like the Diner Dash sort of management, and while there's building, it's not a whole lot like Build-A-Lot, either. I agree with CheerfulDragon8 that the man's voice is so annoying. After each level you get gold on, he says, "You're a great player!" and "You've improved your castle!" It gets irritating after a while! Other than that, the game is great.

athene72
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by athene72 on Aug 25, 10 3:36 AM
Best game since wellll....... the first one. I have cancelled all my plans for today just gonna play!!

Have now finished game, but agree with the many comments about the arcade levels on each island, - Tip - I found that on the later levels I just put my hammer near the the entrance to my house and whacked them all from there, you don;t get as many points but you do get through it.

Edited on 08/26/2010 at 7:34:43 AM PST

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Aug 25, 10 3:46 AM
I just finished playing this demo, and am installing the purchased version as we speak. This game's predecessor is my very favorite TM game, for sure, so I'm !

(Remember - the level timer doesn't start till you tell a worker to do something, so you can take a good look at the level and plan some strategy before you start it.)

Edited on 08/25/2010 at 9:30:28 AM PST

AriadneSP
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by AriadneSP on Aug 25, 10 5:33 AM
I have been looking forward to this game, am downloading it now. Following the positive reviews, I'm tempted just to buy it and not worry about the demo. However, I never do that so I won't. *looks serious*.. dammit. I'll post my review when I'm done.

I LOVED the first one, am so looking forward to this as I've been disappointed with TM games recently.

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on Aug 25, 10 6:39 AM
I was quite enjoying this game until I got to level where I had to zap 50 hornets. I had about 10 goes and got nowhere near. That's when I decided to uninstall the game. No fun at all. Sorry.

ojennifer
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by ojennifer on Aug 25, 10 7:08 AM
finally, someone came out with a good TM game.

I'm on the second island and really enjoy it. I loved the first game.

I'm torn between buying royal envoy and this one.

Want them both. wahh...

ingeash
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by ingeash on Aug 25, 10 7:21 AM
I was so happy to get no. 2 and I love the theme ans rhe Hornets and the Lions but why did they put the ship thingy in, I hate it. SKIP please, I hate mini games I can''t skip and I haven't found it if it is there. I am not quick enough to make it and so far it hasn't let me move on. I have gone bake to improve my scores and I am wishing and hoping it won't be there when I get back......

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Aug 25, 10 7:27 AM
Let's start with the bottom line: If you've loved the first one then you'll love this game. It's basically the same game as the first, just some twists added.

However, I recommend that you've played and solved the first game, since it's harder and it becomes tricky after the first few levels. The level introduction still introduces new elements, however, it helps if you are already familiar with them.

New to the game is a "hornet attack" level, which seems to have replaced the gold hunt of Part 1. I don't know if you lose the level if a hornet gets through since I managed to get all of them.

In between the islands is a classic vertical scroller game now.

Two more points:

- Don't use the game cursor, it's very slow.
- On a 23'' screen full screen mode is not full screen, but wedged into a corner with black borders.

[Post New]by dimplz1 on Aug 25, 10 7:52 AM
Thank you BFG for finally getting this one! It's a very fun game indeed!

le01
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by le01 on Aug 25, 10 7:55 AM
Laflamme wrote:
New to the game is a "hornet attack" level, which seems to have replaced the gold hunt of Part 1. I don't know if you lose the level if a hornet gets through since I managed to get all of them.

Yes, you do lose the level if any hornet get even close to the village and you will have to start the level over and as far as I have been able to assertain, you cannot progress - I could be wrong though..

I liked the first one (apart from level 4.8, which I have never managed to complete), and since I have had a credit burning a hole in my virtual pocket just waiting for this one I was sure it was a buy, but due to the hornets, I am not quite sure it will a buy. I will get it a few more tries, but I am not happy about having my progress hindred (sp?) so early in the game.

I quite like the dials beside the renewable resources, though. The graphics are clear and the goals are clearly stated, though I wish it was possible to pause the game by hitting "space".

Cannot comment about music, as I always play "mute". I always play with "system cursor" so I cannot tell what influence it will have if you use "game cursor".

Hope I will be able to do some more damage to the hornets - otherwise m- hasta la vista!

rendur
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by rendur on Aug 25, 10 8:08 AM
Thanks, Big Fish.
This game is more like the quality of game that I expect to find at your site.
And while I did not buy the 1st one, My Kingdom for the Princess II does have
some clever additions. I especially like the hunting lodge.

Perhaps NevoSoft could update this game with a patch to let us substitute a
drum roll, trumpet fanfare, etc for that poor man's (OH SOOOOO IrraTATING) voice and a "maybe later" button for the smashing 50 hornets game.

No plans to buy today, but this 1 is a definate possibility.

[Post New]by ktknievel on Aug 25, 10 8:38 AM
So excited this has been released! This is a DEFINITE buy for me, I just hope a sale or special offer happens soon! The first MKftP was/is my favourite game purchased through . I just hate that payday is almost 2 weeks away!

As you can see, I don't comment often, but this is such a cute, fun and happy game that I had to share my opinion

Go to: