bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any My Kingdom for the Princess II technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 25, 10 12:44 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

peh4psu
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

Re:Post any My Kingdom for the Princess II technical issues here only

[Post New]by peh4psu on Aug 25, 10 6:23 AM
I was SO excited to see this game, and had no problems downloading or installing, but when I hit the play button, I just got a black screen. I could hear the music, but nothing on the screen. I did send a help message to Customer Support but was wondering if anyone else had this problem. I LOVED the first game and really, really want this one!!!!! I Hope they can help me!!!!!

Fanfare123
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Fanfare123 on Aug 25, 10 8:48 AM
I was really looking forward to playing this game, as I got hooked on it during the trial period. Now that I have purchased it, it won't load! It begins to load, but crashes before it ever gets started. It seems as if it is a problem with the new Download Manager, but I can't really tell for sure. Is anybody else having this problem???

[Post New]by am4dice on Aug 25, 10 10:06 AM
I'm having the same problem with the Mac Game Manager! I bought the game, and the Game Manager says that it's activated, but when I try to start it, it won't load. There's a little Felix icon saying, "Time's Up," as though the the trial period expired. I've tried reloading the game, but that hasn't helped either. If this is how the Game Manager works, Big Fish needs to turn it off immediately and let customers activate their games with codes instead of dealing with this hassle!

Fanfare123 wrote:I was really looking forward to playing this game, as I got hooked on it during the trial period. Now that I have purchased it, it won't load! It begins to load, but crashes before it ever gets started. It seems as if it is a problem with the new Download Manager, but I can't really tell for sure. Is anybody else having this problem???

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

[Post New]by cstdenis on Aug 25, 10 10:21 AM
I posted a workaround to the games manager here.

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/94701.page

Sometimes it works, sometimes not...
Doesn't seem to work with trial versions, just those you've purchased.

I had to use the workaround for MKFTP I, because the game play was so slow because of the BFG game manager. MFKTPII seems to be working ok in the new game manager for me, but you might try the workaround to see if that helps.
If it doesn't, you may try updating your video drivers (especially if you are getting a blank screen).
good Luck!

constant clicking / hammering

[Post New]by move2fl on Aug 25, 10 3:42 PM
I haven't been able to identify why it is happening, but as I am playing the game, it seems like the 'hammering' continues even though none of the workers are hammering away trying to pick up the wood and/or fixing the road. It even continues to play when the screen changes to go back to the map and if I click exit, it even continues at the main screen. So far, the only way I have been able to stop this constant 'clicking/hammering' is to close out of the game and come back in. Then, I can play a few levels with only the appropriate sound effects until it begins again during another level. I have been searching for some trouble-shooting consistencies but haven't found one yet...PLEASE HELP! THANKS!

michelle_hdpc
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by michelle_hdpc on Aug 25, 10 6:05 PM

Have been trying since 6am to download getting Error Violation with long number. It is very seldom that I have these issue, biut WHY for this game! Email to BFG this am for Help, after much troubleshooting on my end. Loved the first game can't wait to try this one. To impatient to wait for BFG great tech team for a response so off to purchase, even though no other site is great like BFG!

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Aug 25, 10 6:41 PM
Level 2.1 has the wrong goal information for that level. It tells you to build 2 farms but there are no farms to build. The only buildings available are mines. I built those and passed through the level without a problem but the developers need to fix the goal bar.

muttnutt
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by muttnutt on Aug 25, 10 7:37 PM
Anyone having a problem with fuzzy graphics on this game?

[Post New]by indigo_ladybug on Aug 25, 10 8:32 PM
move2fl wrote:I haven't been able to identify why it is happening, but as I am playing the game, it seems like the 'hammering' continues even though none of the workers are hammering away trying to pick up the wood and/or fixing the road. It even continues to play when the screen changes to go back to the map and if I click exit, it even continues at the main screen. So far, the only way I have been able to stop this constant 'clicking/hammering' is to close out of the game and come back in. Then, I can play a few levels with only the appropriate sound effects until it begins again during another level. I have been searching for some trouble-shooting consistencies but haven't found one yet...PLEASE HELP! THANKS!

OH THANK YOU! I thought I was going nuts! What gets me, is, even if you close off the sound and music, it continues! ACK! I had to shut it down before I went nuts!

[Post New]by Unikwa on Aug 26, 10 12:49 AM
Can someone please advise how to fix the bass.dll 998 error? This game runs fine on my other two computers, but not the office one and it is soooo frustrating

[Post New]by sweeswee2003 on Aug 26, 10 7:46 AM
Help! I'm stuck on Level 3.6 with the snake charmer. There's a glitch; I've tried to play the level three times and the snake charmer manages to get rid of the snakes but when I try to take the buried treasure it says the path is blocked. Same with the last two rocks before the exit. So my workers sit glum in their house, waiting for nightfall, waiting to fail. Again.

[Post New]by wyrd30 on Aug 26, 10 11:39 AM
Hi,

In the desert part... in the second one I beleive,,, the one where you have to pick up 2 flowers and get rid of 3 dunes... well, you cant get rid of the dunes. It says the path is block when it isnt. So, I can play anymore... please fix this. Thanks

AmberKB
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by AmberKB on Aug 26, 10 6:09 PM
indigo_ladybug wrote:
move2fl wrote:I haven't been able to identify why it is happening, but as I am playing the game, it seems like the 'hammering' continues even though none of the workers are hammering away trying to pick up the wood and/or fixing the road. It even continues to play when the screen changes to go back to the map and if I click exit, it even continues at the main screen. So far, the only way I have been able to stop this constant 'clicking/hammering' is to close out of the game and come back in. Then, I can play a few levels with only the appropriate sound effects until it begins again during another level. I have been searching for some trouble-shooting consistencies but haven't found one yet...PLEASE HELP! THANKS!

OH THANK YOU! I thought I was going nuts! What gets me, is, even if you close off the sound and music, it continues! ACK! I had to shut it down before I went nuts!

ME TOO! Oh man...I uninstalled the game, and reinstalled it. If it doesn't stop, I'm contacting BFG. I got it on EVERY level past 1.10. I'm currently on 2.3.

AmberKB
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by AmberKB on Aug 26, 10 6:18 PM
FYI. Uninstalling doesn't work. E-mailing BFG now. In order for the noise to stop, I have to exit the game. that gets reaaaaaaally old.

[Post New]by kezza770 on Aug 26, 10 6:24 PM
Downloaded game twice now and still can't get into it ..just goes back to desktop.

muttnutt
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by muttnutt on Aug 26, 10 6:24 PM
Never mind, I figured it out. I can't play in full screen mode, it makes it all fuzzy. Funny, I never had that problem with the first one.????

AmberKB
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by AmberKB on Aug 26, 10 6:39 PM
kezza770 wrote:Downloaded game twice now and still can't get into it ..just goes back to desktop.

Does this happen for any other game? I've had it happen to me loads of times. The only thing that I can suggest would be to restart your computer. It works for me doing that.

[Post New]by kezza770 on Aug 26, 10 8:10 PM
Figured out that i can play it from the desktop icon but not from the game manager.
Couldn't do either after the 1st download. Not sure I'll buy it yet. Maybe I'll wait till they iron out some of the bugs. Enjoyed playing the trial version though.

12angels
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by 12angels on Aug 27, 10 11:28 AM
On a lot of the games I download with the new game downloader I keep getting an error saying important dll file is missing. I dont know if anyone else is haveing this problem but its really getting on my nerves usually if i uninstall and reinstall a couple of times it will play but it wont work for this game.

Go to: