[Post New]by eusje on Aug 25, 10 1:43 AM
How to kill all this little creatures?

lmf40
Clownfish
Clownfish
666 Posts

Re:hornets ?

[Post New]by lmf40 on Aug 25, 10 1:54 AM
You need to build the hunters shack and when that is built you can send the hunter to get rid of the hornet - you need gold too.

Lisa

eusje
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by eusje on Aug 25, 10 2:14 AM
thank you for your answer
but i was not clear enough
i ment the 50 one's in the level where you have to smash them

lmf40
Clownfish
Clownfish
666 Posts

[Post New]by lmf40 on Aug 25, 10 3:35 AM
Sorry - you just have to keep hitting them with the hammer before they get into the camp, took me a couple of goes before I could get them all. I think you have to hit about fifty and when you are getting close to that number it is better to keep the hammer near the camp because they come thick and fast at the end.

[Post New]by mayo63 on Aug 25, 10 6:23 AM
Is there any way to skip the hornets? I can't get them and it's not a lot of fun.

challis3
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by challis3 on Aug 25, 10 6:33 AM
I agree- I am hating the hornets- which is why I avoid arcade games. PLEASE tell me we can skip this somehow cause otherwise I am loving this game.

bedheadkg
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by bedheadkg on Aug 25, 10 8:00 AM
I found that the easiest way to kill all the hornets was to put your cursor/hammer just below the entrance to the workers house and leave it there. Then all you have to do is click each time a hornet gets to the hammer, that was much easier for me than trying to chase them all over the screen

rebeccak
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by rebeccak on Aug 25, 10 8:49 AM
As much as I love this game, I honestly think this is going to be a huge problem/sticking point, because later levels involving the hammer are progressively worse. The fans of this game at Big Fish honestly should petition the developer for an alternative version of those levels. As is, this is just not going to work and will detract from the enjoyment of the game for so many.

Ljay2007
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Ljay2007 on Aug 25, 10 9:38 AM
Yep, that level has out me off buying the game and I did enjoy the first game so was pleased to see this one - should be a way of skipping them

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Aug 25, 10 10:35 AM
I have never asked for a refund before but I will if this is not removed. I didn't purchase this game to swat at bugs. There is nothing intelligent about that! It was so annoying to me that I shut it down to come here. A game should not make one mad!

Allura
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Allura on Aug 25, 10 10:48 AM
I quit the game and decided not to purchase it after the hornet scene. I dislike arcade games.

TxConnie
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by TxConnie on Aug 25, 10 11:09 AM
I think I am at the point also. Will not buy.

TxConnie
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by TxConnie on Aug 25, 10 11:11 AM
I may reconsider that. The advice to put the hammer right by the door, really helped.

jenny1983
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
488 Posts

[Post New]by jenny1983 on Aug 25, 10 11:16 AM
I soooo hate these whack-a-something nightmares but I soooo much wanted to continue playing that I decided I would beat it somehow.

What worked for me was to put my cursor very close to the entrance to the house and click rapidly non-stop without moving the cursor. It only took a few tries and I got through, but add my name to those who want this made optional.

There is no need for this type of aggravation in an otherwise great game.

Edited on 08/25/2010 at 11:41:52 AM PST

libbyb54nc
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by libbyb54nc on Aug 25, 10 11:18 AM
It is not just the hornets that are annoying in the game. I actually got rid of them without a problem. It is the game in between the islands I find difficult. I am trying to get the submarine through without hitting all the obstacles, and I've tried many times, but can not get through. I agree, you should be able to skip, or move on with what you have. I am not into arcade style gaming either. Very disappointed, especailly when I have already bought the game. Either they should fix this, or I may have to ask for my money back. The 1st game was very enjoyable, and I made it through many times with the rainbow at the end. This one is much more difficult.

KayleighJ
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by KayleighJ on Aug 25, 10 12:12 PM
I'm also disappointed. Loved the first game, but I simply cannot make it past the hornet level. I've tried putting the hammer by the hut, and even that doesn't work. Sometimes (I've tried it over a dozen times, gotten as high as 42) I'm clicking my tail off and the game doesn't register it.

Too frustrated to continue. I was looking forward to this game, but now I will be passing.

littletanpom
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by littletanpom on Aug 25, 10 12:25 PM
I bought the first game and loved it. However, I will not be buying this one because of the hornet game. I tried the hammer near the house and it is not worth the effort. Big mistake on the developers part. I would have bought - no sale for me. I don't want want to do this kind of stuff in a game!!!

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

[Post New]by Anniejo on Aug 25, 10 1:14 PM
I used a credit on it, before doing the demo, wish now I'd waited, if I can't do the hornets it will be in the bin.!!!!

lovelyrita019
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by lovelyrita019 on Aug 25, 10 2:41 PM
This game with the hornets is ridiculous~even with my hammer at the entrance I can't get 50. I'm still trying but something should be changed to make it easier. You can't go on until you pass it!

sravy_baby
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by sravy_baby on Oct 24, 10 5:17 PM
Game developers! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STOP placing useless mini games in between the actual game. Or at least give an option to skip. If I have to play these games, I can play them online for free. I do not need to PAY to play them. They are absolute interest killers. This is second such game I bought on BFG that has them.

Go to: