bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Reincarnations: Uncover the Past Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 26, 10 12:21 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Reincarnations: Uncover the Past Collector's Edition? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Reincarnations: Uncover the Past Collector's Edition

[Post New]by peglegann on Aug 26, 10 1:24 AM
BFG a big thank you for reducing the price of this game to members! Well worth purchasing CE's in the future.

julbuck
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Reincarnations: Uncover the Past Collector's Edition

[Post New]by julbuck on Aug 26, 10 1:27 AM
BFG and Developers, thank you very much for a wonderful game! It's awesome

purplemist
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by purplemist on Aug 26, 10 1:39 AM
Finished the hour.

Very basic game play..
Graphics nice and clear ..
objects not tiny little things hidden in some dark spot...some I did find were well hidden.
The music was annoying so turned it off
Puzzles some are new to me (that was good) yet they were still relatively easy to solve
was not going to buy ...
Yet because I liked all the other reincarnation games this one may improve as the game goes on a bit further.
Thx BFG for lowering the price on CE's

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Aug 26, 10 2:05 AM
I can't believe it !!!!!!!!!!! Thanks to the "Green Enveloppe" and Dr Félix, at long last a CE game which doesn't give me a blank screen. Off to play it, I'm so glad

timhouse
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by timhouse on Aug 26, 10 2:30 AM
GREAT GAME AND THANKS FOR THE NEW PRICE FOR PLAYING. I WAS THINKING ABOUT LOOKING FOR A NEW GAME SITE. NEVER MIND THAT IM STAYING WITH BIGFISH.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Aug 26, 10 2:40 AM
I have already bought it and was very pleasantly surprised to see the reduced price as I was only here briefly yesterday and did not know about the change.

There is a widescreen option as well as an option to turn the custom cursor off however I have not had any problems with the custom cursor so far touch wood ... didn't want to tempt fate .

You are given the option of playing in Casual or Challenge mode where the sparkles are fewer and the click penalty is more severe ... oops forgot to try that and see what happened, sorry.

The graphics are quite clear and I have had no problems finding the hidden objects.

No sound on while playing (yes DH had the news on again )

This is a good game and I wish I could carry on playing it now but I have a birthday lunch to attend so I will have to wait until later.

Have fun everyone.

C

[Post New]by Mephibosheth on Aug 26, 10 3:04 AM
Great game. Definite buy for me. Personally, I find that I finish these games pretty quickly, but I didn't even finish the first chapter in the hour demo. Combine that with a discount? Fantastic!

The story was interesting, but it helped to have played the first one to know what was going on with the main character. Not necessary, but helpful.

The music was definitely great! In fact, as I went along in the chapter, the music became creepier and creepier.

Hidden Object scenes were very easy, but there was at least some concentration required to figure out which objects were used where. Over the course of the first chapter, you're in several different areas before you can completely solve the first scene. I liked having to remember things like that.

The hint meter is very fast, and if you're wondering if you missed something, you can always hit the hint button to check. If you're done with the area, you haven't wasted a hint, but it doesn't matter anyway, because the hint recharges very quickly.

Cool game!

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Aug 26, 10 3:15 AM
First of all, thank you BFG for recognizing BFG Club members by offering them (us) a nice discount on the CE games while still counting the CEs as 3 punches on the monthly game card! Don't know if that means you'll be tempting us with even more CEs though--guess it wouldn't surprise me.

The 1st "Reincarnations" was very good, if a little brief; I was excited to see this one offered today (even as a CE, but at a $6 discount). Easy and quick download (which for me included your updated Game Manager). Very nice opening screen and menu--I especially like the cursor choice (game cursor is fine though), wide- vs. full-screen option (for those who prefer), and the sound and music effects (although I toned down the latter). The graphics seem very colorful but perhaps just a bit grainy and the hidden-objects scenes, while a little cluttered, are pretty easy to see. No voice-overs, but I don't mind that--the subtitle dialogue makes perfect sense and doesn't go on and on (so no endless reading that would make you get out of breath!). No good feel for game length, but at around 230MB, it should be worthy. This is a well-done (so far) game from VOGAT--a "tip" of the cap to them and to BFG!

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Aug 26, 10 3:38 AM
purplemist wrote:Finished the hour.

Very basic game play..
Graphics nice and clear ..
objects not tiny little things hidden in some dark spot...some I did find were well hidden.
The music was annoying so turned it off
Puzzles some are new to me (that was good) yet they were still relatively easy to solve
was not going to buy ...
Yet because I liked all the other reincarnation games this one may improve as the game goes on a bit further.
Thx BFG for lowering the price on CE's

Isn't this only the second Reincarnation game? I only have "Awakenings" prior to this one - maybe I missed out on another one along the way. What are the game titles purplemist, I will go hunting for them... Thx in advance

The CE description doesn't mention any extra game play per se, is there extra game play in this one?? Deciding whether to download demo or not....

purplemist
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by purplemist on Aug 26, 10 3:55 AM
Yeppers you right it is only the second one thought this was third in series..lol..play too many lose track at times who has how many

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Aug 26, 10 3:58 AM
purplemist wrote:Yeppers you right it is only the second one thought this was third in series..lol..play too many lose track at times who has how many

I can relate to that purplemist

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Aug 26, 10 4:00 AM
Loved it. Played it casual mode.Graphics are great, music fine. Objects relatively easy to find with a little challenge for some of them. You go around quite a lot, but that's fun, hope I won't get lost as I'm quite an illogical person (got lost in the extras of Castle of Shadows !). Mini games are doable -even for me- and very different from one to another. Did skip the ticket/teeth at the entrance. Hint meter refills quicly. Walkthrough is included in the game, you don't have to exit (what a bore) to get it. Haven't used it yet but probably will ! Thanks for the lower price for members is very attractive. A buy for me, my punchcard is full, so I'm dying to be 6 days older. Five out of five. Great game.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Aug 26, 10 4:04 AM
Goofy always cracks me up, I'm about the same in the wandering loop syndrome. But, if a game really has good artistic graphics and clear HOGs I usually tolerate the rest and use walkthroughs and skips on insane puzzles. I played 45 min and of course bought it, since I've waited a year for the sequel to ReinAwakening, and a week for this since it didn't appear as Mudrock predicted. Even happier now that it was delayed because I would have spent $6 more anyway last week. No need to buy a separate SG either and I got it NOW.

These people at Vogat put out the most interesting and enjoyable games of all. I'd never call them straight HOGs and anyone bored with them just must not have a sense of playfulness or an eye for art. I hate to click off the last items because I'm always trying to see every object, no triteness here, imaginative, and I don't miss the nuances. Isn't that baby mouse curled up sleeping in the roulette wheel adorable? or did you miss that. And little animation surprises when you click on an item not even on the list. Yeh, how to find an egg LOL. Funniest moment in a hog I ever had laughing outloud was in first RAwakening to make popcorn. I was in total despair looking for the right thing then thought oh no, surely not LOL it was.My fav game of 2009, most fun.

The puzzles are skippable but even in a rush demo I fiddled around with them, like punching the theater ticket once I noticed what the levers did, and got it right. And a wrong object click it says"I think you are thinking too far out of the box" got a giggle. Like the first one, I as a player feel that I'm in on all the fun the devs had thinking up this stuff and the artists/writers so in sync. Yes, knowing the first stories takes you right into this one to keep continuity re what's it all about.
The sound comes in blasting, turn it down fast. With headphones I liked the music very much, a tad suspenseful, but playful like the game, loved the nuances like the tinkling celeste, a tad on classical but so fun on headphones. Environment and effects had to be toned way down too. Other neg is I didn't get widescreen on 15.6 laptop W7, same as all other games but 3 that had onboard stretch sizing option. But objects clear, colorful, big enough to recognize.

Their HOGs just never let me down, nor the gameplay. Thanks for the smiles and little surprises, love it love it love it and worth waiting for. Now, back to play and getting lost with goofyduck 5

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Aug 26, 10 4:31 AM
Just for those who never played the first Reincarnations Awakening, just a quick lead in to the story. Would seem abrupt if this is the first. Just a short time trying the demo of the first would give you a good start into the sequel. In short, she is a journalist who was assigned a story to write about reincarnation. She doesn't know anything about the subject so doing research first, she is led to a crazy metaphysic psychiatrist who hypotizes her and she experiences going back to some of her own past lives. There were 5 short stories playing different characters, ended abruptly, short by some players' standards but for me, so much fun it was a teaser leaving me hungry for more.
Well, now we got more lives to live through. Oh you missed a lot if you didn't play the doggie one in the first game, begs you for a replay.

Hope this brings you into the story if it seemed vague what is going on.

Edited on 08/26/2010 at 4:37:19 AM PST

BossBrat
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by BossBrat on Aug 26, 10 4:40 AM
Bought it sight unseen on the basis of the reviews and I do not care for it at all. I find myself wandering around doing and little of this and a little of that, but mostly going 'huh?'. One of these days I'm gonna learn that what others like I might not, lol. The music is the most annoying I've heard lately and there are so many places to go to find what you need that I forget where they belong by the time I find them.

Not much of a story line to be honest. I thought it would be 'creepy' but it's just silly. I'm glad so many of you like you, though. At least it wasn't $20, so I can say that much for it, lol.

I'll finish it just to get my money's worth. Well, I'm not sure I CAN get my money's worth, but I'll finish it just to teach myself a lesson about what's good for the goose isn't always good for the gander, tee hee.

Have a great day!

[Post New]by ridley_marlene on Aug 26, 10 4:48 AM
appreciate the new lower price on CE games, on a fixed income and have to be careful how to spend my money, BF is the best game site, I wouldnot buy from any other, thank you

[Post New]by overthehill60 on Aug 26, 10 5:00 AM
I swore that after purchasing Echoes of the Past 2 that I would never spend that kind of money on a game again. Well, I was wrong. Now that BF has made the decision to reward club members with a price discount for CEs what can I do. I just finished playing my demo of this game and loved every minute. It's a definate buy for me and I get to fill my punch card to boot,. I thought the graphics were remarkable and that's something that really matters to me. The music wasn't all that irratating to me so I left it on. I was pleased with the story line and can't wait to see the "darker" side of Reincarnations. So I guess I would rate this a 5 in my book.

Hope all you gamers out there have a wonderful day. I feel like you're all looking forward (as I am) to the holiday coming up in Sept. I can't wait to see if there is a sale cause I've got a long list of games I am ready to buy. Happy gaming all and God Bless. overthehill60

One other thing. I just found that Drawn Dark Flight is coming out on August 31st. It's a CE too. Can't wait.

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by carolinacat on Aug 26, 10 5:05 AM
I love this game! It's similar to Puppetshow, although both Puppetshows are more animated and better in lots of ways.

I bought the first Reincarnations and usually don't buy CEs, but when I demoed this one and it worked fine and looked good, I bought it!

So far, I don't care for the wooden characters and storyline but I do like the game graphics and gameplay. It's easy to do, even in Challenge mode, and you can figure it out yourself without the Strategy Guide.

The items are large enough to find easily and there are some interesting things to do in puzzles.

I hope the entire game is as good or better than the first Reincarnations, which I really enjoyed.

[Post New]by Coronagold on Aug 26, 10 5:08 AM
Dr Weiner? And our heroine defends herself by saying she's just a journalist? There sure seems to be a lot of projection emanating from some games lately. Are the current funemployed staff of Newsweek, etc. writing for game developers now?

Edited on 08/26/2010 at 5:09:40 AM PST

Go to: