bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for GabCab

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 26, 10 12:25 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of GabCab? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for GabCab

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on Aug 26, 10 1:22 AM

Cute, Just not my thing.

Angel

[Post New]by dragonflies33 on Aug 26, 10 1:53 AM
Computer wouldn't let me try it. said that there was a probable unkown NewHeur_PE virus. =(

James_Kit
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by James_Kit on Aug 26, 10 1:58 AM
If you like Airport Mania then you must check this one out. I really liked GabCab and it is a buy for me. It has a lot of power ups and upgrades and I like to improve me cabby. Levels start easy, but get harder and harder, still not impossible. The art is very nice and music suits game good.

Good time management game.

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Aug 26, 10 3:41 AM
What a cute little game it reminds me of Airport Mania which is also very good. It was a buy for me having alot of fun with it. Great tm game ! Thanks BFG ! I give it

kempette
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by kempette on Aug 26, 10 12:57 PM
I LOVE Airport Mania. I wondered from the pictures if it was similar... now I'm going to have to check it out. I have two credits sitting there waiting for something to buy. Off to download now. Thanks y'all!

[Post New]by Roze2521 on Aug 26, 10 1:07 PM
I was not able to play it. On Day 1 it wouldn't do anything. Am I suppose to click on something? I triedreloading thegame butit did the same thing. It didn't show me any peope o pick up or anything.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Aug 26, 10 2:30 PM
I really, really, really love this game. I have waited since several weeks for it (because I saw a sneek-peek on another website about another game from the people how made "Airport Mania"). Yes, I was really surprised to see its released today. The game has many levels and great replay value. Its of course a buy for me. One of the best tms I have ever played!

Dynamix_
Narwhal
Narwhal
36,723 Posts

[Post New]by Dynamix_ on Aug 26, 10 2:57 PM
Same here, the game doesn't do anything on level 1

shoelesshs
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by shoelesshs on Aug 26, 10 6:09 PM
My review after 1 hour demo:

Level: Easy. Maybe geared more for children, but I found it a bit challenging at time. However, I was still able to reach superior goal (highest level) for each day I played.

Playability: Good. Downloaded and installed fine. Everything worked well. It was sometimes difficult to collect all the coins and I didn't quite figure out how to re-order my stops. However, the game itself seemed to re-order things for the best possible combination, which some may find a bit less than challenging.

Likes: Very cute theme - finally not a restaurant, farming, or magic spell theme! Keeps you busy enough without being overwhelming. Can choose upgrades as you earn money. Lots of helpful upgrades

Dislikes: Some upgrades are expensive and take a long time to earn. Not sure what the wrenches were for - maybe that will be revealed later in the game. Would like to choose my own order of pick-ups and drop-offs, but this is not a big deal.

Recommendations: Buy as much gas, speed, and radios as you can. Buy helper vehicles and upgrades when you can. You will have to give your helper vehicles time to pick up customers; if you've already clicked on a location to drop off, it will pick up your customer before your helper gets to them. "Scrub" with your mouse close to the door of the building to collect coins quickly.

Will I buy it? Maybe. My kids are a little old for this game; don't know if I can make an excuse to buy it for myself, but it is really cute and fun.

DonnyDJ
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by DonnyDJ on Aug 26, 10 7:45 PM
A one hour demo in a time management game with 98 levels probably means you got no higher than level 18. It gets more challenging as you go along. If level 18 was too challenging, imagine what level 50 would be like

mendolyn
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by mendolyn on Aug 26, 10 9:49 PM
cute and fun game. i will probably pick this one up at some point. it's fairly simple and straightforward. i thought the graphics were cheerful. sometimes its challenging and sometimes not so much but i like that because you get a breather every once in a while. i also liked that they allow you to upgrade your cab with many different options. it's not a 10 for me but at least good solid 8, definitely re-playable and fun and that cab is so full of cute! definitely give it a try if you like TM games and play a few levels if you find it slow at first.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Aug 27, 10 12:57 PM
Cute and fun. . I enjoyed the upgrades and power ups. Also the assisant cabs were cool. I liked how the towns grew with each level. There are a few challenges such as keeping your cab gassed up. A larger engine which means more speed also means more gas usage. The different characters also tip differently.

I would say an A-. As the art was pretty but not too complex.

[Post New]by LargeLondonGirl on Aug 28, 10 11:30 AM
My Anti-Virus/Security software also said it contained a virus. I am going to try the new version I've read about on the other boards. Hopefully its cleaned out.

smck0912
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by smck0912 on Aug 30, 10 12:06 PM
LOVE IT! I loved Airport Mania, and had high expectations for GabCab based on that, and Reflexive didn't disappoint! I really love how they kept the feature from Airport Mania where you could try an upgrade, and if it didn't work well at that level, you could get a full refund and buy something else - you weren't stuck with it, as you are in every other time management game I've played! Graphics are adorable, and sound effects are great!

[Post New]by RobynD99 on Sep 6, 10 3:13 PM
Got to Sky City, Week 1 Day 4 - there are no customer to be picked up. i just drive around and don't know what to do. Anyone else have this problem?

James_Kit
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by James_Kit on Sep 7, 10 1:38 AM
Maybe try to restart your computer. I didn't have such problems as you describe.

minx69696969
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by minx69696969 on Sep 26, 10 4:08 AM
Cute game but far to basic for me and i was a bit bored after only 23 minutes

[Post New]by Shiroangel on Sep 30, 12 7:05 AM
Absolutely loved this game, as I am a huge fan of AM I was really excited to try this one. This will be a definite buy for me. Thank you BFG!!!

Go to: