bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any GabCab technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 26, 10 12:25 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Re:Post any GabCab technical issues here only

[Post New]by caroltis on Aug 26, 10 2:18 PM
My mouse is out of control,. On Airport Mania it did the same thing until I discovered the "troubleshoot" option under "options" and then there was a "custom cursor" option and that did the trick. However GabCab doesn't seem to have that option to control the cursor.

[Post New]by Roman_ANAWIKI on Aug 27, 10 6:51 AM
We will be sending update to BFG today that will let you play with custom cursor turned off, just like in Airport Mania. Apologies for not thinking about it from the start.

MickyTeddy
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by MickyTeddy on Aug 29, 10 2:40 AM
Mac user.
Only available here today I think for us.
Will not let me play. Tells m to un-install and reinstall and done that several times with all the other checks as well.
?Mac glitch?

[Post New]by librarianpat on Aug 29, 10 3:39 PM
Tried to download Gabcab on my Mac and keeps freezing in Game Manager and won't finish the download. Game Manager or Gabcab problem?

laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by laeddie on Aug 29, 10 5:16 PM
I just downloaded this game and my cursor/mouse was so erratic it was all I could do to enter my name and then I was unable to play the game and was barely able to exit! After that my cursor didn't function properly on the icons on my monitor screen for at least five minutes. You can rest assured once it started working again I unistalled this game pronto. Too bad I think I would have bought it based on reviews here.

[Post New]by solbirdgirl on Aug 30, 10 10:11 PM
Game downloaded just fine. However, the game doesn't let me do anything but drive around. No people appear to pick up.

sazz1571
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by sazz1571 on Aug 31, 10 2:22 AM
downloaded no probs however doesn't do anything after the first level. Would have bought it if it worked as i liked airport mania which works fine.

[Post New]by Roman_ANAWIKI on Aug 31, 10 3:05 AM
When you say it doesn't do anything, what do you mean? You should see level summary screen and after that go back to the game map.

[Post New]by mimmie99 on Sep 2, 10 2:10 PM
gam does nothing cept let me drive timer nerver counts down people never show up?? game is flop?

[Post New]by anicom83 on Sep 9, 10 9:43 PM
Nothing happens on the first level. I can drive the cab around but there are no customers to pick up. Too bad, I was really anxious to see this game after reading the reviews.

[Post New]by Roman_ANAWIKI on Sep 10, 10 3:48 AM
If nothing happens on the first screen you need to restart your computer and try the game again. Sorry about this, but this issue happens after not restarting your computer for over 25 days. Keep your fingers crossed for quick release of update.

njewer
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by njewer on Sep 11, 10 5:12 PM
I've restarted my computer, re-downloaded game and still can't do anything - I can't even drive around. The first level loads, I can play with the steering wheel and stick shift but can't move anywhere and the timer doesn't even count down - NOTHING! Bought this game without trial.......shoulda tried it first it seems. Will have to ask for my money back!

marbleann1
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by marbleann1 on Sep 12, 10 12:27 PM
Everything was fine until I got to Sunday on the Beach leval. After that the game will just stop and go to the desktop. I can't go any further.

[Post New]by ArtisticK8e on Sep 13, 10 2:01 PM
anicom83 wrote:Nothing happens on the first level. I can drive the cab around but there are no customers to pick up. Too bad, I was really anxious to see this game after reading the reviews.

I have this same problem, I just drive around but there aren't any people to pick up.

Go to: