Fanfare123
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

General Game Tips

[Post New]by Fanfare123 on Aug 26, 10 6:38 AM
Does anybody have any general tips for this game? For example, is it best to begin by building a workers building to get two workers right away, or is building a warehouse the way to go? Should I have 3 workers or is it better to have two workers working faster?
I am stuck on the last level of the first part of the story, and darned if I cannot get the last group of rocks split before nightfall!

Re:General Game Tips

[Post New]by kaitynjojomom on Aug 26, 10 3:54 PM
I agree! This level is completely difficult! I cannot get enough gold to get rid of all of those rocks!

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Aug 26, 10 5:11 PM
The biggest tip is to check out the layout before you actually activate the level and begin playing. Check out what you will need (if you hover over the rocks, for example, you will see they require a big outlay of gold) so figure early on which paths you will need to clear and which you won't.

Also, pay attention to things like can I get what I need without dispatching of the lion? Sometimes you can get the items you need that are right near him without him interfering. Or are there two directions that lead to the same place, and if so, it's probably a waste to clear BOTH paths. Keep in mind you don't need to clear EVERY obstacle in every level.

Use your bonus items on the bottom wisely. It won't help you to have a 3rd worker bonus if you are sitting around waiting on food to harvest. Also, the different buildings like farms, sawmills, etc - you will notice some have a hefty requirement to erect but others have none at all. You might want to think about which you will need.

When you are first starting out a level, be sure to take a look at what requirements your immediate obstacles need - it won't do you much good to collect tons of gold right away when the rocks you need it for to clear are barricaded by 30 other obstacles you need to clear first. Sure, you will need them, but maybe your higher priority is getting wood and/or food for the time being.

Edited on 08/26/2010 at 5:13:29 PM PST

Cjb58
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by Cjb58 on Sep 9, 10 7:57 AM
There are 4 tips by PetraElster that are listed on several pages. They are great help. I did better after readilng all the tips that were given. (They are listed as Tips 1, etc)

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Sep 9, 10 7:53 PM
As far as I know, you should aways build the Sawmill first.

mantina73
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by mantina73 on Sep 10, 10 11:39 AM
No you don't always build the sawmill first - if there is a warehouse to build, you usually start with that - or in later levels build a treasury first.

If there is alot of wood to chop up on your way, you build a farm before you build the sawmill.

Getting alot of workers in the beginning makes no sense, if there is nothing to do, because you ran out of supplies.

SnowNSew
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by SnowNSew on Sep 15, 10 9:57 PM
I have to agree with cherub: I generally found it best to build the sawmill first, and, in some cases, completely max it before building anything else. I usually built it and upgraded it before I built farm/fishing hut unless food was in a real shortage. And, yes, I built it before the warehouse. (Exception is the treasury - it usually must be built first.) I found that I did not typically leave wood sitting around long enough to get over 20 at the early stages of a level.

Upgrading workers definitely depends upon the level and the bonuses. If you have several directions you need to clear, you may want to use the extra worker bonus and upgrade the cottage when you have a good supply of food and wood coming in. upgrading the worker too early is just a waste of wood if you cannot use all the workers. I typically upgraded everything else before adding a 3rd worker.

When it comes to bonuses, I think it depends on your play style. If you would rather have extra resources, faster resources or added time is, to me, a personal preference. I like to see the little guys running their little legs off, so the fast running was always fun. It should also be noted that not all bonuses are created equal and some last longer than others. The 1/2 price one is the shortest. I could rarely eek out 2 from one worker. They also took forever to earn - which can be a pain on those levels with lots of bridges and boulders and not a large supply of wood and/or gold.

I did feel as though this game was a bit more frantic than the first. I really did enjoy it, though!

Good luck!

Mamalita
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by Mamalita on Sep 26, 10 11:18 PM
These hints have helped. Thanks!

Go to: