Level 4.4

TxConnie
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

Level 4.4

[Post New]by TxConnie on Aug 26, 10 10:23 AM
I just cannot get through this one. Any hints?

Re:Level 4.4

[Post New]by gss2109 on Aug 27, 10 10:40 PM
even me stuck any tips??

[Post New]by easedstarling on Aug 28, 10 7:15 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one having trouble with this one, lol! I came very, very close on my last attempt and am getting ready to give it another go. For me I find that big obstacle is getting enough resources to plant all the flowers. For that reason I don't collect resources (particularly gold) unless I have the powerup activated that adds +1 to my resource collection. Also I think you need all 3 workers for this one. Hope this helps.

1506ebony
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by 1506ebony on Aug 29, 10 11:23 AM
I had originally posted this on my post "for those past 4.4", but I thought I would copy it here. I figured if you were stuck on this level, this is where you would look.

I didn't get the gold level, but at least I can move on

Collect as much wood as you can, so you can upgrade your workers

The only bonus I used was the one that reduced the cost of doing things. I found it was better to have two (then three workers) collecting food, wood and gold, then to use the bonus to get an extra item.

I cleared all of the paths, except for the one on the lower left. I cleared it to the farmhouse, which I built before the farmhouse next to the workers, since it didn't cost any materials.

When it was available, I used the cost reducing bonus on items that took a lot of resources.

I waited on collecting flowers until the end. I used the cost reducing bonus (sometimes having to wait for it to charge).

Hope this helps!

[Post New]by Motsysh on Aug 30, 10 10:32 AM
This one took me a while too, but I finally finished it before nightfall. I took a little bit of ebony's advice and used the bonus that cut the resource need in half for building the bridges, meanwhile I used the bonus that increased the amount of resources I picked up when picking up gold and food in the beginning before I had the farms. I used 2 workers most of the time, I updated my cottage to get the second worker before building the second farm. I waited to get the flowers until the end and I used the bonus that cut the resource need in half as much as I could when planting those.

Have fun!

1506ebony
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by 1506ebony on Aug 30, 10 8:27 PM
Thanks for the tips Motsysh....I'm going to see if I can get gold this time!

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Sep 4, 10 8:58 AM
Thanks everyone!
While I can now get through the level, no problems, I still can't finish before nightfall for the gold.
Back to try again for what must be the 30th time.
Fantastic game!

Follow-up => I finally made gold; for me the trick was to not use the 1/2 bonus much!
I used one guy & the resources or extra guy bonus until barracks & snake hut were built + bridge opened under 1/2; then got existing farm running; then opened path to gold NW; then worked at clearing beyond 2nd bridge; then used pretty much only the extra guy bonus to run 4 guys to complete for gold with even a little time to spare. This method ended up with having to clear the whole board, though.

Edited on 09/05/2010 at 5:37:47 AM PST

Brackenlady
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Brackenlady on Sep 11, 10 11:29 PM
Janie, thanks for that tip about not using the half price item too much. In fact I did not use it at all and finally made gold (just!). The main bonus I used was the add an extra point to resources one. I used the extra worker once at the beginning while I only had one worker but then just the additional resources one. I found the trick was to gather all possible resources at once with this bonus and then send theworkers off to do what was needed. By the time resources had run out the bonus had recharged and the renewable resources were beginning to reappear. At one or two points in the game there was so much gold to collect that I risked getting over 20 but each time it was possible to send off the soldier, hunter or both while collecting. Like everyone else I mainly left the flowers until last; also I did not find it necessary to upgrade the first farm.

Hope this helps anyone still struggling!

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Sep 15, 10 12:25 PM
I have tried all the suggestions that everyone has offered, each one just like they say. I have gotten gold on everyone but this one, and I don't think I am a slouch at TM games either, but this one, well I am not ending up with too much gold as Brackenlady is saying she has, I did it as close to what she was saying to do. I don't know what I am doing wrong.
Should I wait till the + bonus shows up before I pick up too much of the supplies at the first, or just go as fast as I can to pick up till it shows up? Do I use the extra worker as soon as it shows up for the first time, or do the + supplies, then the extra worker?
Maybe I need a break for a day or so. AAAAAHHHHHHH! please help!

Dottief
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Dottief on Sep 15, 10 3:46 PM
i would like to know what i'm doing wrong as well... i can not get all the gold i need....I have tried ever thing on this page and i still can not get gold.

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Sep 16, 10 10:31 AM
Woohoo! Finally got gold! Here was my way:
First note, I am usually sitting on next move clicking so when it goes green, worker is on it!
1. Pu first food, then food below that-starts timer on it.
2. Pu wood pile by workers house-starts timer
3. Repair road to bottom L
4. Pu food above that
5. Chop wood bottom left
6. Chop wood up above that
7. Pu food bottom R
8. Chop wood bottom R - 3 times
9. Build Barracks while on 3rd chopping of wood
10.Chop 4th pile of wood
11.Click on + bonus for supplies just before entering house with 4th pile
12.Pu Gold @ bridge-starts timer
13. Pu food @ hunting lodge
14. Pu food just below 1st Bandit
15.Pu wood pile & send man from Barracks to battle Bandit
16. Pu 2nd wood pile
17.Fix road up & L
18.Watch for + bonus supplies and use asap
19. Pu all renewed supplies
20.Build hunting Lodge asap
21.Build Farm and add worker asap picking up renewed supplies using + bonus
Note: Maybe 20 & 21 is needs to be swapped

I worked up by the farm, up the middle and right while doing lower bridge & around. I planted the yellow flowers & continued onto 2nd bridge, always picking up renewed supplies using the + bonus supplies as soon as it came available. I actually had time left and it was the only way that worked for me,. Hope you make it!

Edited on 09/16/2010 at 10:34:46 AM PST

Dottief
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Dottief on Sep 16, 10 5:04 PM
Thank you Csustar I GOT GOLD!!!!!!!!!! I played your was just 3 times and i got gold (the first two times my kitten tried to play the game with me). I believe it was how you took me step by step that helped me. Thank you again.

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Sep 17, 10 3:53 AM
Your welcome Dottief, now am struggling with 4.5. Soooo, will be on this one for a while too

Dottief
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Dottief on Sep 17, 10 4:18 PM
hi csustar .. i need 4.5 as well so when u get gold post it pleases.. this is the first game in a long time that has made me mad ..i still need 12 levels gold i can not get 2.5 no matter how i try.. and boy have i tried about 30 or so times.

Dottief
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Dottief on Sep 18, 10 4:52 AM
i made gold on 2.5 i went back and reread robin94122 on the double fish hut and i made gold with time left.

Mamalita
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by Mamalita on Oct 3, 10 1:39 PM
Csustar wrote:Woohoo! Finally got gold! Here was my way:
First note, I am usually sitting on next move clicking so when it goes green, worker is on it!
I worked up by the farm, up the middle and right while doing lower bridge & around. I planted the yellow flowers & continued onto 2nd bridge, always picking up renewed supplies using the + bonus supplies as soon as it came available. I actually had time left and it was the only way that worked for me,. Hope you make it!

I finally did it!! It took about five tries, but I finally got through with the skin of my teeth! All the paths had to be cleared to be able to get enough gold. I used extra worker once when there was so much to be done. Thank you for all of your help!!

Neko6
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Neko6 on Apr 23, 11 8:02 AM
This level is like SF Giants baseball - Torture! Always soooooo close! Someone tell me, is it better to use the extra resources bonus a lot, the extra worker bonus, or save for the work discount bonus? I've tried it so many ways: tried going to the left and the farm first, tried going to the right and the gold and bridges first, tried going to both at the same time but no avail. Where, oh where is a mine or a market when you need it????? Even with Csustar's excellent tips, I can't seem to get past this one (which means if I ever do, I'll be spending the rest of my life on 4.5 ) Gotta say, you definitely get your money's worth of play hours with this game. Too bad most of those hours are on one level.

JVC0119
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by JVC0119 on Apr 23, 11 12:47 PM
Should be able to break developer's record:

Renewing wood, food, renewing food,

To left: repair road, food, lower logs, FARM, farthest wood

To right: food, logs, logs, logs, logs, +BONUS (just before reaching cottage), left wood, BARRACKS, gold, logs & food near pirate, pirate, remaning food, gold, repair road (both),

BONUS WORKER, logs, logs, food, logs, logs, gold, pirate, logs, build farm, (and any renewing items) HUNTER'S LODGE

Logs, Kill wolf on left path, wood, wood

1/2 BONUS - bridge to right, clear path to bridge on right, upgrade COTTAGE, when path to bridge clear, 1/2 BONUS, build bridge and dig pothole on left.

Continue to clear these two paths to gold supplies, upgrade FARM, then LODGE when avwailable, use 1/2 BONUS when ever possible for potholes/pirates/wolfs/flowers - especially the flowers

If you have to go for flowers w/o the bonus, go for far ones that use up time. Save the closest for use with bonus - you can get some workers to make two trips on the bonus.

Edited on 04/23/2011 at 1:09:38 PM PST

Neko6
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Neko6 on Apr 24, 11 7:23 AM
Finally made it! Thank you for the tips, JVC0119. Didn't break developer's record but I'm just happy I finally made it past this level.

[Post New]by SharonKay42 on May 6, 11 2:13 PM
Thanks JVC0119!
Broke the developer's record! I was amazed at how much time I had left!

Go to: