Lauralei
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

Really good game

[Post New]by Lauralei on Aug 26, 10 2:41 PM
Just to balance some negative impressions, quite a few of us are really enjoying the game. I sympathize with those who found the motion nauseating but the movement is no where near the first person 360 games that twirl and float and make you both nauseous and dizzy. Those are awful! Bee Garden has a much slighter motion which I forget about while playing. In fact, I have to remind myself to look around for raindrops and other goodies which help considerably in getting to the goal.

Lovely graphics, upgrades, pleasant music, very good length (four locations with ten stages each) and, as other players have noted, a lot more strategy needed than first meets the eye. I had to replay a couple of levels 'til I had that "Aha!" moment when you finally get it. It has a nice challenge to the last couple of stages in each section without being too hard or impossible.

Good to see the developer, AlderGames, posting, explaining, looking for suggestions and generally mixing it up with a tough crowd.

Bee Garden has mixed reviews, some like it but some don't, so it's one of those games that's best to try it for yourself. It a good game for me and a novel approach to the garden TM.

Lauralei

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

Re:Really good game

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Aug 26, 10 2:54 PM
After reading the numerous complaints of motion sickness and "bobbing", I was expecting to see some rapid bobbing up and down of the screen as a "default" motion when you're not moving the mouse at all. However when I played the game, the screen was completely still, and when you look around, it very gently/slowly looks up and down as you're looking around. I'm surprised that so many people were so badly affected by it!

a lot more strategy needed than first meets the eye. I had to replay a couple of levels 'til I had that "Aha!" moment when you finally get it.

I'm glad you pointed this out as the first couple of levels were simple/straightforward and it wasn't really clear as to whether the game was going to ramp up in difficulty or not. I'll play this one to the end of the demo time and make a decision on whether to get it or not.

Slavicdiva
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

Re:Really good game

[Post New]by Slavicdiva on Sep 13, 10 7:57 PM
Call me crazy, but I really like this game!

The bee characters are cute, and I like the fact that you have to use strategy. I'm not bothered by the screen motion as some are - and I also really dislike those 360 games. THOSE give me motion sickness, but not this one.

The game is kinda trippy. I even like the music - for the first group of levels it's fairly calm & meditative. I'm on the desert levels now, and I really like the music! Yes, it's looped, but it doesn't bother me in this game. YMMV.

It seems people either love or hate this game. Such is life. After reading so much pro and con, I had to figure out which camp I was in - definitely pro. And I just bought it.

Thanks, developers - this one's a win for me!

Go to: