bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Lost in the City: Post Scriptum forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 27, 10 12:05 AM
Welcome to Lost in the City: Post Scriptum forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Lost in the City: Post Scriptum players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Lost in the City: Post Scriptum forum

[Post New]by nonie76 on Aug 27, 10 6:47 AM
Can't find the walk through and am stuck on how to clean the tv screen. NEVER get stuck this early. Must be me. Help!!!!!

pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by pixielily on Aug 27, 10 7:10 AM
There is a rag I think you get it from Ann after you give her purse and coin purse, coat. It is in the room if not from her, sorry not sure I just know it is in the room, use your hint if needed

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Aug 27, 10 7:27 AM
There is a handkerchief to the right of the TV....

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/lost-in-the-city-post-scriptum-walkthrough/

aowyn
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by aowyn on Aug 29, 10 12:16 PM
Just finished Lost in the City Post Scriptum. . . Love it! Wasn't too sure at first, It had a very engrossing story line, couldn't stop playing! Hmmmm. . . had a good message for us all perhaps? Really enjoyed it.

[Post New]by lyra_4e on Aug 29, 10 4:17 PM
I don't know the name of the car,can you help me, please?

Lenny83
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Lenny83 on Aug 30, 10 1:26 AM
Hi! This is may help you:

Clue - without full answer:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/113797.page

Full answer:
http://www.gamezebo.com/download-games/lost-city-post-scriptum/forums/name-license-plate

[Post New]by mamalu_br on Sep 1, 10 8:23 PM
don't know the name of the car,can you help me, please?

[Post New]by mamalu_br on Sep 1, 10 8:23 PM
don't know the name of the car,can you help me, please?

[Post New]by Aimb80 on Sep 2, 10 12:13 AM
FYI- Game is great so far. Not trying to give anything away.....I'm having an issue. This isn't a major spoiler, but skip reading me if you want to know absolutely nothing.

I think I am on Chapter 3 or 4? I am in the computer room trying to "fix the network" Somehow I think I fixed some wires with the tape too early and THEN I had a fire. This has become a huge issue somehow. I can put out the fire (there are actually 3 separate ones that I can see, but you can still hear it burning and the "fire" meter keeps going until I fail.

Another Blip is that I can decide to pick up the extinguisher or not. Yes....I can put the fires out with my arrow (mouse clicker). I can leave the fire extinguisher against the wall and never touch it. I can pick it up and put it in my inventory. Either way I can use my arrow instead. Or I can choose the traditional route and actually use the extinguisher. I have tried every possible combination. Even the order of which fire I put out first! Definitely a bug of some sort here. I really don't want to start over so if someone has a gamesave out there or some way to get me through this it would be helpful. Maybe I am missing a fourth fire that is not showing up? (ofcourse I have clicked everywhere!)

Help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Lenny83
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Lenny83 on Sep 2, 10 1:12 AM
Meybe this will help you:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/113864.page

Elkestra wrote:When you pick up the fire extinguisher from the floor, make sure you click it from your inventory into your hand before clicking on the fires.

Although clicking on the fires with the extinguisher in inventory(not hand) will put out the fires, the extinguisher has to be 'used' (in hand) for the game to consider the fires put out.

Edited on 09/02/2010 at 1:12:40 AM PST

[Post New]by Aimb80 on Sep 2, 10 12:53 PM
Thank you! That was very helpful! I made sure I had a hold of it after it went into inventory by clicking on it again and took my time to put out the fires. It worked!

boscocat
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by boscocat on Sep 2, 10 1:01 PM
THE NAME OF THE CAR , U LOST

[Post New]by lyra_4e on Sep 3, 10 4:32 PM
thanks!!!

Edited on 09/03/2010 at 4:33:30 PM PST

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Sep 6, 10 5:46 AM
the word "ulost" seems to come up through the game... as you come across it again and again, you will start to wonder why you didn't think of that in first place... after all, the letters do spell out "lotus" right??

enjoying this one more than the first... don't really know why, but it's really gripping, totally engaging... in the first one, there were definite times when i felt lost, but having been through it, i'm feeling like i can move forward without much difficulty in this one...

glad they made a sequel!

eponym
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by eponym on Sep 19, 10 6:03 AM
I don't know what it was, but I had a hard time enjoying this game. Maybe it was because I played it after finishing two "five star" games; Drawn: Dark Flight and Midnight Mysteries - Salem Witch Trials". I think it had more to do with the odd disjointed special effects that had nothing to do with the story line but seemed to be a junior designers exercise, e.g. floating through the strobe lights.

My particular pet peeve is that there seemed to be a lack of editing. Someone should really check for grammatical errors and typos. I do not mean to be a word snob but if there is prolific tendency towards this throughout the game it becomes a distraction.

Maybe I am the only one who had this reaction. The other people I know who played this were satisfied.

[Post New]by Premier1 on Sep 20, 10 3:02 PM
I did notice the bad grammar in this game. I recently tried to play Tornado: The Secret of the Magic Cave. I couldn't bring myself to play past the first level because the grammar was so laughable! I tried looking for a place to contact the game developer, with no luck. I am considering contacting the developer of this game. I mean, if they are going to make an Englsh-language game, they can at least write it so the Ebglish-speaking population can understand it! Hmm but maybe I'm too picky about such things, who knows.

[Post New]by Mary1940 on Oct 9, 10 10:18 PM
mamalu_br wrote: don't know the name of the car,can you help me, please?

[Post New]by lacady3 on Oct 24, 10 10:28 PM
I have been playing computer games since the beginning and I LOVE this game. It's different and querky. It is sometimes hard to find a truly absorbing game but I feel this one qualifies.

[Post New]by glnmc1 on Feb 25, 11 9:29 PM
how do i get through the gate?

Go to: