bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Lost in the City: Post Scriptum technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 27, 10 12:43 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Re:Post any Lost in the City: Post Scriptum technical issues here only

[Post New]by ChristineBrubake on Aug 27, 10 8:55 AM
When I switch to the magnifying glass there is a constant flicker.

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Aug 27, 10 11:39 AM
same here..would buy the game otherwise

cisil
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by cisil on Aug 27, 10 12:57 PM
I can't put out the fire. I do each fire 3 times but it still sounds like it's burning and then the game ends. ??? Help!!

Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

[Post New]by Elkestra on Aug 27, 10 2:18 PM
cisil wrote:I can't put out the fire. I do each fire 3 times but it still sounds like it's burning and then the game ends. ??? Help!!

I got caught out by this the first couple of attempts. Make sure you've picked up the fire-extinguisher from your inventory into your hand before starting to put out the fires, otherwise it'll still think there are fires burning.

[Post New]by magnoliajem on Aug 27, 10 8:07 PM
Not sure if this belongs here, but when I downloaded this game, the game manager updated itself. When I then went to continue playing Rooms (I was in the 4th mansion), I had lost all my progress! I wasn't even a "player". Is there any way to get back the Rooms game I was in the middle of?

[Post New]by towanda4 on Aug 28, 10 1:33 PM
The game won't allow me to pick up the fire extingisher before the fires start. Is there something I'm missing?

[Post New]by jlpalos on Aug 28, 10 9:57 PM
I've tried putting out the fire with the extinguisher in hand, but it still doesn't stop the fire meter. I still die every time.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

[Post New]by Elkestra on Aug 29, 10 1:28 AM
jlpalos wrote:I've tried putting out the fire with the extinguisher in hand, but it still doesn't stop the fire meter. I still die every time.

Having the extinguisher 'in hand' (rather than 'in inventory') should work - and it's got to be in hand for all the fire extinguishing, not just the last few clicks.

Having said that, I've just finished playing through the first game again, so I'm going to have another run-through of the second game too.

I'll experiment a bit to see if there is anything else that might affect things.

[Post New]by Qtiebaby02 on Aug 29, 10 11:32 AM
I was having problems with the fire extinguisher in the internet cafe too. Thank god I looked on this forum. Thank you so much. I kept dying and then tried it again for the 10th time with the fire extinisher in hand it it worked...thank you all again.

[Post New]by malcolmbart on Aug 30, 10 5:46 AM
I'm having a problem with the computer in the train station. I read the e-mails (just like a woman - had to find out what happened to the wedding), then the computer screen went blank and I can't get out of it. When I click on the question mark it says: "Explore available menu selections", but there are none.

Of course, this happened just after I decided to buy this game. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, but it just takes me back to the same blank computer screen. I really don't want to have to start over, but it looks as if I may have to.

Has anybody else had this problem?

Edited on 08/30/2010 at 5:47:49 AM PST

Lenny83
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Lenny83 on Aug 30, 10 8:13 AM
Hi!
Try to switch on the display (in minigame of course, not your real pc-monitor ) by pressing round button in the bottom-left of minigame's monitor... Maybe it can help you.

And you always can skip this minigame... This is paid for game interactivity ))

But seriously, give this game a chance for storyline!!

Lenny83
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Lenny83 on Aug 30, 10 8:23 AM
+
Ough! I heard, in nearest game update will be restart-level-function which help you to get out from stuck situations!

[Post New]by Manzk2 on Aug 30, 10 3:06 PM
I played the trial version ok but when I bought the full version it won't play at all. I've updated everything but nothing works

Lenny83
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Lenny83 on Aug 30, 10 4:11 PM
Try to install/uninstall game... Or try to start game from beginning... Maybe your "save" files corrupted or something like that...

And last method I can suggest to you:

Delete all files in this folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\!USER_NAME!\Application Data\Elephant Games\Lost in the City - Post scriptum

Where "!USER_NAME!" is name of your windows profile name.

But after that you lost game progress at all... It helps me with Masquerade Mysteries, when I damage my save games...

Edited on 08/30/2010 at 4:17:14 PM PST

[Post New]by rudepet on Sep 15, 10 4:57 PM
I played this game with no problems until chapter 8. then it just crashes and I reinstalled the game but I still get to chapter 8 and a message "error acess violation" very irritating. I always play trial to see if my computer will play the game without problems. I know I don't have the latest equipment, but I do keep my updates current and can't understand why it crashes always at this point. Well I went to the walkthrough to see the ending so I am through with the Lost in the City games.

[Post New]by KellyFireangel on Sep 26, 10 4:49 PM
In chapter 11, I am unable to pick up the third fan blade... the cursor won't turn to a grabbing hand no matter what I do... help! I am absolutely engrossed in this game, but now I'm totally stuck. I would do a reinstall, but I don't want to lose all of my progress...

[Post New]by CarmeliteGirl on Oct 17, 10 5:58 PM
I played the trial and then purchased it. Now I'm stuck in the train station and when I go to the cashier window it says "I need to talk to the cashier about this" - but at this point it never lets me talk to the cashier and I can't enter the room behind Anna.

Any suggestions or help? I read on this forum that there might be an update that lets you get out of the stuck levels. Any word on that?

Thanks so much in advance.

Go to: