pugmom2
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

Mini Games have spoiled this game for me - Need a Skip option

[Post New]by pugmom2 on Aug 27, 10 4:32 PM
I really enjoyed the first game. I was looking forward to this game but I am very disapointed by the mini games. I am unable to move forward and you can't skip them. I am sure others will enjoy the mini games.
The first game did not have them and to put them into the second one without an option to skip has left me frustrated. I will not buy a 3rd one if it comes out and I am sorry I bought this one.
No skip option - No buy!

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

Re:Mini Games have spoiled this game for me - Need a Skip option

[Post New]by peutetre on Aug 28, 10 1:58 PM
After 3 goes at the wolves, I'm just about with you. I didn't buy the game to do whack-a-mole. It would be a much better game without the really dumb, pointless, random "mini-games" . . . I may not finish it because I just don't want to deal with trying to smack the wolves yet again . . .

amminnc
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by amminnc on Aug 28, 10 4:30 PM
I am really struggling with the mini-games! Finally got through the rampaging ghosts (after at least 50 tries) by setting my mouse speed at high. Try it -- might work for you, too.

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by peutetre on Aug 28, 10 6:14 PM
Thanks for the tip about adjusting the mouse speed. Truth be told, though, if I have to speed up my mouse to deal with a game, then the game is just not for me. I want to figure out a game rather than see how crazy fast I can click on the mouse.

Unfortunately, that seems to be where the developers lost it on this version. The other one made you plan out what to build and when to finish in time. This one seems much more of a race--lots and lots of levels without warehouses so you have to race to get materials while your bonus is on to finish.

Yuk.

I'm sure it will appeal to many people but will also lose quite a few as well.

Mopface
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by Mopface on Aug 28, 10 7:34 PM
I agree with you ( both?). It's Very annoying not to be able to skip a mini-game. What the French, toast?

What do you mean about setting the mouse on high?

I've never heard that before. How do you do that?

Sorry

Bad week at work and want to zone out playing BF games.

Thanks!

[Post New]by debbie1586 on Aug 28, 10 7:34 PM
I'm about fed up with whacking ghosts - I didn't buy the game to whack things. I will not but another My Kingdom if it does not have the skip option. I really liked the first but I've about given up on this one. I don't like games where I have to move real fast

Ratatouille
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by Ratatouille on Aug 28, 10 8:17 PM
I completely agree. I hope the developers are listening and add a skip option for the minigames in the near future. In the meantime, they're missing a lot of potential buyers, me included...

Edited on 08/28/2010 at 8:18:10 PM PST

bertiepuppy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by bertiepuppy on Aug 28, 10 9:57 PM
Event though I can't get gold on most levels after the first island I enjoy the challenge of planning my play and trying different strategies but I HATE simple click fast type games.

I think developers need to understand that mixing genres will lost customers unless they give the option of skipping the levels that aren't the main genre of the game - this should be TM and strategy and not whacking stuff.

[Post New]by snirpy on Aug 29, 10 6:38 AM
I found the wolves hard too but what I ended up doing is at the very end when the last 10 wolvees or so, i kept my mouse near the shack and just kept whacking. it worked eventually.

amminnc
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by amminnc on Aug 29, 10 6:53 AM
In response to Mopface's question about how to change the speed of your mouse... Go to Control Panel, click on Hardware, then click on Mouse. You should be able to change the speed to "high" or "fast." That's how mine works, anyway. Good luck!

[Post New]by Leniferable on Aug 29, 10 6:54 AM
Hmm I am not really sure why everyone is so upset about the mini-games. I don't really enjoy them either, and I am not too fast with the mouse - I normally avoid TM games because they're too hectic for me. But the whacking levels are EASY. Just position your mouse over the shack and wait for the baddies to come to you. Click continuously in that one spot. You'll get them all... I have never, ever failed trying it like this... how hard is it to click the moust button very fast for a few seconds? A bit pointless maybe, but no reason not to buy!

I would agree however, with the comment made above about the 'resource-gathering' in this one. The lack of warehouses on many levels means you have to constantly be grabbing resources and you can't plan ahead for the big obstacles. It's more of a mad rush and less strategy. I think it's much more enjoyable when you have the warehouse.

lovelyrita019
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by lovelyrita019 on Aug 29, 10 7:09 AM
I've tried clicking in one spot but it doesn't work for me. I tried my mouse on fast speed but I still can't get it!

Ratatouille
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by Ratatouille on Aug 30, 10 9:04 AM
Leniferable wrote:Hmm I am not really sure why everyone is so upset about the mini-games

Maybe you've only done the hornets so far? There are far harder whacking levels later on. And some people suffer from wrist/hand pains more easily than others. Adding a SKIP button would make everyone happy.

Edited on 08/30/2010 at 9:04:40 AM PST

deijiara
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by deijiara on Aug 30, 10 1:07 PM
I've finished the game and by the ice island, they really do come fast and furious. Fair or not, I've found the easiest thing to do is just plant your cursor right in front of the front door of your worker space (inn, union, whatever you call it) and just click like mad. That's what I had to do on the last island with ghosts. Don't waste your time moving your cursor around. That's how I got past the first few mini-games, but by the end that just didn't work. Just pick a good point and click.

Boone1940
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Boone1940 on Aug 30, 10 4:50 PM
I agree with all the people who said they did not like the mini-games, and the lack of warehouses.

Even with a mouse set to high speed, I can't click that fast. It's not the mouse; it's me. My hands don't operate that quickly - even on a good day. Without a "Skip" option for the mini-games, I may not be able to finish the game.

Pity too - the first MKfthP is my favorite game and I was looking forward to this one.

Maybe the developers think that only teenagers are playing this game? Not so, dear developers. Some of us left our teen and twenty years in the dust a LONG time ago. We prefer to think before we act and to not act mindlessly. Thanks - hope you're listening and issue a patch.

hexqueen
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by hexqueen on Aug 30, 10 8:40 PM
I was so excited to play this game--until I got to the first mini game. I don't use a mouse, I use a track ball to prevent hand and wrist problems. These minigames are impossible with a track ball. I can't even pass the hornets. What were they thinking??

[Post New]by ang5470 on Aug 31, 10 12:32 PM
I can't even get all the coins at the end of the first island! No problem with those first hornets though. I've about given up on the getting the coins game. Do you have to get them all???

Misty40
Clownfish
Clownfish
923 Posts

[Post New]by Misty40 on Aug 31, 10 12:38 PM
I'm surprised that I like this game. The mini-games are challenging. I did not adjust my mouse speed, I just clicked like crazy...LOL.

amminnc
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by amminnc on Aug 31, 10 1:11 PM
OMG -- the snakes! Bad enough that this game has mini-games we can't skip, but the creepy crawly snakes are driving me crazy. I'll probably end up having nightmares tonight. The developers could have at least tried to make the snakes cute or cartoonish.

This is the proverbial last straw; love the real game, but have completely lost patience with the mini-games. I don't have hours to play, so when I'm stuck like this and can't make progress, all the motivation goes out the window.

Bye bye Prince!

[Post New]by MLLatbigfish on Aug 31, 10 1:29 PM
I have to agree - these mini games are exactly the kinds of things I don't like to play to begin with!

I managed to get as far as an average of 95 out of the needed 100 wolves before I gave up. I tried resetting my mouse speed, and just clicking outside the house, but can only get to around 65 that way.

I am very disappointed. I love the first game and was really looking forward to the sequel. But they need a skip option! I won't buy the next one (if there is one) without being sure there is one or that they skipped these pointless mini games altogether.

Right now I am just hoping there is a cheat code that gets you past this level. I never needed one before, but I am ready to use one now!

Go to: