bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Deep Blue Sea forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 18, 08 5:53 PM
Welcome to Deep Blue Sea forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Deep Blue Sea players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Deep Blue Sea forum

[Post New]by rthacker on Sep 13, 08 7:42 AM
This was the first game that challenged me. It took me over 4 weeks! I loved it. I can usually solve the puzzle games in one sitting

nlean
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by nlean on Dec 29, 09 7:30 PM
Really like this game - finished but I'll play it again
I bought copies for my windows PC and Mac laptop

gum_nut
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by gum_nut on Dec 30, 09 10:31 PM
love this game too.not easy but not so hard that its impossible to do.I just finished it and I felt a real sense of accomplishment.Now,where is the sequel???

ToonaCat
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by ToonaCat on Mar 2, 10 4:09 AM
Hesitated to buy this as I already have so many match-3s with an undersea theme, but demoed and loved it. Great DD!

donnasm
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by donnasm on Mar 2, 10 4:36 AM
I bought this the last time it was a DD, and no regrets. I really liked the game - hours of playing time and it works great on Windows 7. For $2.99, you really can't go wrong, especially if you are a Match 3 person. My favorite games are IHOGs, but I have a few Match 3 for stress relief. In a few months I will play this one again - it is the type of game I can play more than once.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Mar 2, 10 5:39 AM
Definite buy for me today 2.99 deal. Love it!

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Mar 2, 10 5:42 AM
biomix wrote:Definite buy for me today 2.99 deal. Love it!

OOPS! Already have it.

Will download and play again. Would like to see a 'Deep Blue Sea 2' (hint hint)

[Post New]by impegmeister on Mar 4, 10 1:00 AM
Thanks! I really like this game, however, as "duh" as it may seem, I can't figure out how to spend my money in the shop! I get the descriptions and have tried all I can think of, but no luck and it's noty in the instructions. HELP!?!

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by 222777 on Jun 26, 10 2:37 PM
I have not been able to figure out how to add O2 to the tank or add tools to the tool belt. I pull them over but they won't stay.

JerryInWales
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by JerryInWales on Feb 6, 12 2:01 PM
It's not at once apparent that the things you buy from the shop are "attached to your belt" (upper left area of the screen). I think you can only have two items at once, so if, as I did, you buy two oxygen cylinders, you can't buy anything else until you've used one - even if you don't need it!

You "use" an oxygen cylinder by clicking on it.

Having done this, I could buy from the shop again: so I got a magnet - now I can't buy anything again!

The oxygen cylinders don't refill the tank completely: I'd say it refills by about 1/4.

Edited to correct typos!

Edited again to add: You can buy belts with extra "pockets", 3 or 4, but they are very expensive

Edited on 02/07/2012 at 6:25:50 AM PST

gmtn
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by gmtn on Feb 17, 12 7:36 AM
Every time I leave the game I have to start over! Help Is there a way to save my game and start at the level I left?

[Post New]by Kitsune90 on Jul 2, 12 7:44 PM
I'm having the same problem as @gmtn. Every time I exit the game I have to start over at the beginning the next time I play. Why isn't my game being saved?

[Post New]by p3cud3 on Oct 22, 14 5:53 AM
I really like Deep Blue Sea and am trying to find any other Match 3 games that are like DBS.....any suggestions?????

Thanks

[Post New]by trumpappy on Oct 27, 14 2:22 PM
I bought Deep Blue Sea for my grandson way back in 2008. He grew out of it, but Grandma and I have played it several times a week for all these years, including during the past week. Now with upgrading to Mac OS X.10, the game runs just as Kitsune90 and others reported -- the game resets to zero every time you exit the thing! No 'breakers', no tools for your tool belt. Type in your name and start at Level 1 every time!

Deep Blue Sea has about 130 levels, taking weeks to finish, and they become more difficult, but before you get far along, you have built up 'breakers' in the Amulet, and bought a bigger chest for your points (you can't get far with that crummy 1,000-point chest you start with!)

Do something, Big Fish people -- this is one of the great three-in-a-row games, but with many added hooks to keep it interesting! It is a total bust the way it forgets the players now.

Edited on 10/27/2014 at 2:24:16 PM PST

Go to: