bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Haunted Hotel: Lonely Dream

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 28, 10 12:05 AM
Explore the Haunted Hotel and experience supernatural phenomenon for yourself in Haunted Hotel: The Lonely Dream! Find Hidden Objects as you explore the different rooms of the hotel and discover spooky secrets. Collect helpful Inventory objects to help you progress through the building, and solve tricky puzzles. Each room brings you closer to the truth in Haunted Hotel: The Lonely Dream!

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

Re:Haunted Hotel: Lonely Dream

[Post New]by bella81762 on Aug 28, 10 12:28 AM
this is the newest one right?

Const_happy
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Const_happy on Aug 28, 10 12:34 AM
Hi, Bella.
Yes, it's the 3rd Haunted Hotel game.
Can't wait to try it!

purplemist
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by purplemist on Aug 28, 10 1:14 AM
Completely enjoyed my hour was so engrossed in the game forgot it was only the trial version
Nice clear graphics,,skipped a puzzle as I wanted to see what game was like moreso. Will do them when I buy
The music did not become annoying and I definately was not bored..lol
Well I am off to buy and finish thx BFG for 2 days in a row of great games

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Aug 28, 10 1:25 AM
This is a really nice looking game and I didn't have one bit of problem with any of the mechanics, but for some reason the story totally didn't grab my attention at all and it seemed kind of "clunky" (since I can't think of a better word right now) and I kind of plodded thru the demo with no enthusiasm. Maybe because I was trying this right on the heels of finishing Redemption Cemetary.? I don't know - maybe it is just me, but I think I will pass on this one. Just my opinion

[Post New]by gunnhoneydew on Aug 28, 10 1:36 AM
I DOWNLOADED THE GAME AND THE FIRST THING I SEE IS ERROR
MESSAGE. SO I CAN NOT PLAY THIS GAME. I THINK IT WOULD BE
A GOOD GAME. COME ON BIG FISH FIX THE PROBLEM.

redrosesdz
Catfish
Catfish
1,691 Posts

[Post New]by redrosesdz on Aug 28, 10 2:09 AM
I played 23 minutes of the demo. Maybe it's just me, but I'm clueless as to what is going on. All I kept saying to myself was "huh??????" There was no continuity nor reason to what was supposed to be done. I didn't buy the first 2 haunted hotel games and can't remember why. Now I"m thinking that it was because they were as bad as this one.

Poor English, poor controls, no sense to what the next task is makes for a very yucky game. How in the world did this make it to a 3rd in a series? What am I missing that makes this game good enough to make a 2nd, let alone a 3rd game with the same poor theme????

Games made in non-English speaking countries can be great, for example the Lost in the City series. However, something got very lost in the translation for this game. Actually, I'm thinking... is it a game or just pure torture?

No buy for me!!

Edited on 08/28/2010 at 2:10:37 AM PST

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on Aug 28, 10 2:12 AM
Very good graphics, objects not too difficult to find,minis are not real tough, so-so monotonous music and a whole lot of tasks to accompolish, guess that about sums up my thoughts. Have not played any other games in the Haunted Hotel series so can't compare. So far gameplay is pretty entertaining but you really have to like figuring out all those tasks to progress in the game. It's a buy here...I like a bit of a challenge.

Edited on 08/28/2010 at 2:15:46 AM PST

goddess280653
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by goddess280653 on Aug 28, 10 2:18 AM
For the first time eva in my time with BFG I have encountered a blank screen - all my important stuff is up to date - can anyone tell me what I need to look at !! I would really like to play this game !!

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Aug 28, 10 2:39 AM
i like the game....i think its going to be on the shorter side tho,, is not bad length...about 4-5 hours which imo is decent for a hog( was no glitch..me silly) hog scenes make somewhat sense...toilet paper in a bathroom...who would of thunk...clear graphics.....mini,s ok.....i bought....

Edited on 08/28/2010 at 5:19:11 AM PST

jeanniemouse
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,337 Posts

[Post New]by jeanniemouse on Aug 28, 10 3:06 AM
Don't laugh, but my favorite thing about the others was the music! I actually will sometimes load # 2 just to listen to the music in the background while I'm doing something else. But # 2 was a decent game too; will definitely try this one.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Aug 28, 10 3:07 AM
The graphics are beautiful and I have had no trouble finding anything, I even kept the music playing quietly in the background but I did only play for half an hour before coming to a decision.

If you are looking for a straightforward HOG this is not it as it is an adventure working some things out, mind you I am playing on challenge mode but I it and have already bought it.

C

sunnyrocks
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyrocks on Aug 28, 10 3:19 AM
I have played 30 min of demo and so far it is a buy for me. Found 2 short easy on the eyes HOGS and alot of interatcive things to do and put together, Not hard to figure out. So far it seems that if you do not have an inventory item that you need in one room go to the next room and as soon as you find it go directly back to the previous room and use it, it will give you what you need when you go back to the new room you had just entered.

Graphics are good, very quick recharge on the hint. I did come to my first mini game but have not played it yet. The first 30min went by so fast, which means I was enjoying the game. I really like these type of HOG/Adventure games. This is not the best one I have played but it is purchase worthy. This game may be a little easy for those of you who play alot and a bit more challanging for others.

This game is like many others where you have inventory items that you may have to combine to get them to work and you do have to jump around from room to room and back again. Most of the things you have to do just make sense
Everyone have a great day

Catghost
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Catghost on Aug 28, 10 3:26 AM
redrosesdz wrote:Poor English, poor controls, no sense to what the next task is makes for a very yucky game. Games made in non-English speaking countries can be great, for example the Lost in the City series. However, something got very lost in the translation for this game. Actually, I'm thinking... is it a game or just pure torture?

No buy for me!!

So far I haven't noticed very poor english in this game as apposed to Lost in the City: Post Scriptum (Yes, I caved to my curiosity). A lot of misspells in that game's cutscenes. And I mean a lot! Not that it bothered me, I just noticed.

As for this game: I played the first one, not the second. Can't remember why. So far I'm liking this one. Love the creepy sounds. The lightning had me jump out of my seat a couple of times. I love not being told what to do or how to get out of (or into) a room. Very little hand-holding in this one so far. Hints (if needed) recharge quick, there's a penalty for wrong clicks. After about seven wrong ones the cursor will go limp on you for a second. Music was so-so.
This will go on my list for September. Just a few more days!

[Post New]by Coronagold on Aug 28, 10 4:23 AM
What's with the slashed-out $9.99 just above the $6.99 price? Is BFG contemplating raising the initial price to compensate for the price drop of the CE's?

Catghost
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Catghost on Aug 28, 10 4:26 AM
@Coronagold
No, that has always been the price of a game for non-GameClub members.
So don't frett.

[Post New]by Coronagold on Aug 28, 10 4:31 AM
Weird how I'm able to see that slashed price starting today.

stevieferr
Clownfish
Clownfish
770 Posts

[Post New]by stevieferr on Aug 28, 10 5:01 AM
I have to say that after redeption cemetary it will have to be a very good game before i waste one of me game credits,also playing redemption on me other pc[one game on laptop during day one on pc at night after me missus gets off it from playing bingo[ever wish youd never shown someone how to use your pc lol

kneehigh56
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by kneehigh56 on Aug 28, 10 5:09 AM
I so so much want to try this game as I loved the others and would definitely buy it.....but....it downloaded great but....thats it....the game froze before it began....why? CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHY THIS IS HAPPENING???? thanks

[Post New]by heatherington on Aug 28, 10 5:28 AM
Hotel 1 wasn't bad, I actually liked it. But Hotel 2 was a major pain because it didn't save well if you had to exit. I think I had to start that stupid game back from the beginning three times! before I finally got it to a save place. Also, I remember missing an important item that I needed to proceed and it would not let me go back and get it. No game should ever allow you to proceed without that all important item. I'm downloading 3 and by the reviews I think it will be ever so much better. I like realistic rooms. The more realistic the better on my HOG items and everything. I really dislike hand drawn stuff.

Go to: