bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

The Mac version of Robin's Quest: A Legend Born is here!

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Aug 28, 10 8:21 AM
Hey Fishies!

The Mac version of Robin's Quest: A Legend Born is here! If you haven’t checked it out yet, try this game by clicking here. The game play will be the same across both PC and Mac platforms so you can use this forum to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Robin's Quest: A Legend Born players.

If you need further technical assistance for your Mac game, we recommend contacting our Technical Support by clicking on the green envelope then clicking "Contact Us" (bottom left) of the next page to reach the online web form. Or if you're a Game Club Member, you can connect to Live Chat. To find answers online, you can take a glance at the Mac Game Errors help article.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link to the right of this page.

Happy gaming!

-bfgArnoStyx

Edited on 08/28/2010 at 8:22:03 AM PST

Re:The Mac version of Robin's Quest: A Legend Born is here!

[Post New]by rooyee on Aug 28, 10 10:18 PM
Unable to start game due to an Application Error - "This application requires Shockwave Player 11, which can not be found. Click OK to download it." Please advise if I should do it or is it a bug/hoax? Is it only required for this particular game? Thank you in advance for your kind advice.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Aug 29, 10 8:40 AM
rooyee wrote:Unable to start game due to an Application Error - "This application requires Shockwave Player 11, which can not be found. Click OK to download it." Please advise if I should do it or is it a bug/hoax? Is it only required for this particular game? Thank you in advance for your kind advice.

Director Shockwave plug in v. 11.5.6 resides on my Mac without issue. Look in /library/internet plug ins to see if you have any version. Google it to get the updated version.

muse13
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by muse13 on Aug 29, 10 9:52 AM
Downloading/installing the latest versions of shockwave and flash (as the BF moderator advises) clears up the loading errors for MAC users. I also uninstalled the game, which wasn't completely successful within Game Manager, so I had to go and delete the files it missed. Then I restarted and redownloaded the game which then worked fine.

[Post New]by rooyee on Aug 29, 10 3:38 PM
Thank you to both shorenuf and muse13. You've been very helpful.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Aug 29, 10 5:39 PM
rooyee wrote:Thank you to both shorenuf and muse13. You've been very helpful.

You are very welcome. And Robin's Quest is a most delightful game -- I've been playing it over the past 2 days and don't want it to end. Enjoy!

[Post New]by mable5222 on Aug 31, 10 10:20 PM
i am stuck on how to distract the guards and I have only gotten 5 pardon fr Alan-A- Dale

[Post New]by karendickson on Sep 5, 10 7:49 AM
I can't get my icons to light up so that I can move then...ie the hat in the village

[Post New]by fredtisdale on Sep 5, 10 2:14 PM
Does not work. Have updated shockwave on my Mac. Cannot get past the profile stage, that has users names alreadly in it (new????), and it will not let me delete those names and create my own. The game freezes at that point and I have to turn off my Mac to reboot. All the other games so far have been problem free. I unistalled, etc till Im blue in the face, with the same results.....Help....
Left an email with tech support but have had no response?

[Post New]by pam327 on Sep 8, 10 5:47 PM
Same trouble here

Unable to start the game

[Post New]by grindlecat on Sep 9, 10 7:58 PM
The game manager opened & the game seemed to install correctly but when we try to play the game we get:
Director Player Error
Handler not defined
#baFolderExists
Script Error. Continue?

When we press Yes we get:
Director Player Error
Object expected
Script Error. Continue?

Pressing yes just gives the same error message...

I'm at mac OS 10.5.8. I don't see a script error help file that's mac specific... what versions of shockwave etc. should i be running?

[Post New]by queenjessica on Sep 15, 10 9:46 AM
rooyee wrote:Unable to start game due to an Application Error - "This application requires Shockwave Player 11, which can not be found. Click OK to download it." Please advise if I should do it or is it a bug/hoax? Is it only required for this particular game? Thank you in advance for your kind advice.

[Post New]by nikki_chothia on Sep 23, 10 3:25 PM
I'm having the same problem as fredtisdale. I've loaded the game as well as Shockwave and then the game freezes. Also have user names that cannot be deleted or allowed create my own. Any one else have this problem? Or better yet, anyone knows how to fix it?

Unable to start the game

[Post New]by SilentInvictus on Sep 29, 10 5:49 AM
grindlecat wrote:The game manager opened & the game seemed to install correctly but when we try to play the game we get:
Director Player Error
Handler not defined
#baFolderExists
Script Error. Continue?

When we press Yes we get:
Director Player Error
Object expected
Script Error. Continue?

Pressing yes just gives the same error message...

I'm at mac OS 10.5.8. I don't see a script error help file that's mac specific... what versions of shockwave etc. should i be running?

I'm having the exact same problem! Does anyone know how to fix it? I would actually like to play the game I paid for!

[Post New]by cinde2 on Sep 2, 11 2:03 PM
Cannot get the game to play. I've uninstalled/reinstalled multiple times, but I always get the same message:

Direct Player Error
Handler not defined
#baFolder Exists
Script Error. Continue?

I'm not a computer expert. Any advice or guidance would be most appreciated!

Re: Hidden Objects games

[Post New]by mable5222 on Mar 7, 12 7:51 PM
Does anyone realize the recent Hidden Objects games sucks and the choices are so limited. The Collector's Edition also sucks. Please provide more challenging games .
And better story board and graphics

Go to: