bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Haunted Hotel: Lonely Dream

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 28, 10 8:28 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Haunted Hotel: Lonely Dream? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Haunted Hotel: Lonely Dream

[Post New]by mhatfie on Aug 28, 10 9:09 AM
I played for 15 minutes and bought it. Nice clear crisp graphics. Did not get bored. There are lots of things to interact with and lots of tasks to perform. I like all the spooky sound affects also. I feel that there could have been a few outdoor scenes which when looking at the walkthrough there doesn't appear to be many of and it can get a little claustrophobic after awhile just being in the hotel and going from room to room. Other than that I am off to play.

bjmusic
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by bjmusic on Aug 28, 10 10:56 AM
Have to agree about the graphics. I looked at the screen samples and that's the first thing I said was: Wow - look how crisp these are. On the strength of your recommendation, I'm off to try and prob buy. Thanks for your review, mhatfie..

stapyhar
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by stapyhar on Aug 28, 10 11:25 AM
Bought the game and finished it in about 2 hours...of course I can't do it without the walkthrough. Thanks !!! I was a bit confused in a few scenes & skipped one or two mini games. Anyways, not a bad game. I'm giving it a 2-3/4 out of 5. I'm off now to play it again 'seriously'. Ta ta **** Fishies.

birdie5
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

[Post New]by birdie5 on Aug 28, 10 11:47 AM
Played the demo for 30 minutes and am enjoying it. Best of all I have yet to get stuck but seeing the lasers on the door that may change soon. Graphics are clear, music mild but the sound effects are starting to become annoying - lightening and thunder in the winter?? One of the best aspects of the game is the humor of the young agent.

I never purchased the first Haunted Hotel because of the timer and arcade like game to energize the elevator. I did purchase Hotel II and liked it. This sequel will be on my list for September. Hope there will be a sale for Labor Day as the list is growing.

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Aug 28, 10 1:02 PM
Just thought I would pop in and check the reivews - Cant believe there are only 4! I am downloading now so will check back and give my thoughts in a bit - Happy Gaming Fishies!

brooklynblonde
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by brooklynblonde on Aug 28, 10 1:14 PM
Really enjoying this one-liked the first one too. The only thing that's putting me off is the backround sound and music-way too much-whimpering screams, etc. and turning it down is nearly impossible-I had to just turn it off, which I don't like to do. Like the story line and the main character, so will probably buy.

Shastac2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by Shastac2 on Aug 28, 10 1:15 PM
I played the demo and loved this game! I purchased the first two HH games and enjoyed them but I feel this one is much better! My only problem is trying to decided if I buy it now or wait for a game credit next month????

shastac2

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by carolinacat on Aug 28, 10 1:16 PM
I played the demo and didn't care much for the game. It's OK for a DD, though. The graphics make it easy to see and find hidden objects but I found the gameplay to be a bit too easy. Not very challenging, and very predictable.

I was annoyed many times by trying things that didn't work, and I didn't use a walkthrough at all, but managed to figure out what was needed. I played the advanced mode, too.

The storyline is lame and the characters are not very well done.

But if comes as a DD, I'll probably get it as a cheap diversion.

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Aug 28, 10 2:33 PM
Not for me. On the plus side the graphics are crisp and well done. The thunder bothers me a lot-I've encountered thunder storms in the winter-where I live it doesn't always get that cold, but to my knowledge thunder and snow don't coexist. I can ignore small annoyances like that if the storyline is engaging enough-but unfortunately it wasn't. I was bored throughout and did not look for the walkthrough until I could not move back into the artist's room. Figured out that because I skipped a minigame it took me directly to as a hidden object scene where I got what I needed to move on. Unfortunately the hint system didn't keep up. It kept saying I needed to do certain things. I don't know if I needed to get back into the artist's room or not, but I found that to be particularly annoying. I had to look through the walkthrough past where I was in order to figure it out.

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Aug 28, 10 2:34 PM
what, carolinacat, may i ask, is a DD? haven't come across that one yet.

also, satexasgirl, i lived in the mountains in NW Colorado, and we had thunder and snow. it was totally weird.....

Edited on 08/28/2010 at 2:37:22 PM PST

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Aug 28, 10 2:58 PM
I live near Yosemite National Park in California and we have had thunder and snow at the same time, as well.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Aug 28, 10 3:29 PM
lvfao,

DD is Daily Deal, a game offered each day for $2.99,
found on right side of home page.

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Aug 28, 10 3:46 PM

Leanda1 wrote:Just thought I would pop in and check the reivews - Cant believe there are only 4! I am downloading now so will check back and give my thoughts in a bit - Happy Gaming Fishies!

OK I did my hour.... Hmmm not as good as I thought it was gonna be. I had to use the hint WAY too often as the game didn't tell you what you were supposed to be doing - and yes I read the task book. I also thought the HOG were very fulll of garbage that it made no sense to be looking for like donuts and fish when you really needed the power tool and the screwdriver. I guess it was ok - not sure how long it lasts I did manage to get one of the guests out (the artist) during my hour but I skipped most every mini game as soon as I could so it does have potential of being a longish game I guess. All in all a 2 out of 5 for me - Sorry but there have been so many good games out lately maybe I am just spoiled.

Saelihnne
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Saelihnne on Aug 28, 10 4:15 PM
Not my cup of tea. First off, I dislike having to re-adjust my resolution to play games because I use a wide screen monitor. It is far too much trouble to adjust my desktop just to play a game when many other games accommodate wide screen. I did not find the graphics as nice as other recent releases, perhaps I am just spoiled. The dialogue seemed awkward to me and the overall look and feel of the game simply did not appeal to my tastes. I am sure other fishes out there will enjoy this, it's just not for me.

april445
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by april445 on Aug 28, 10 5:08 PM
Ok I guess I am the odd man out. I love the game. Great graphics as everyone has said and the sound effects and music just melted into the back ground for me. I like having to figure out what to do next and always play the advanced mode. Yes I too grew up with snow and thunder but to tell the truth I never thought about it in this game. Story lines aren't super important to me. Yes, I like a good one but if the play is good I often forget what the story is about. I just finished a game credit card so will wait until next month to buy, but buy I will. As for as the mini games they are well integrated into the story and didn't skip any because they gave me just enough challenge to be fun, not frustrating.

vadasgirl5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,006 Posts

[Post New]by vadasgirl5 on Aug 28, 10 5:54 PM
I played this game for 23 mins and closed out - what kind of game is this? - used the hints wayyyyyyyyy to often trying to figure out what I'm doing. At first i thought it was an Adventure game, but reading in the forum it mentions hidden objects, right now i'm not sure what i'm gonna do. I really don't care for Adventure games only. I love adventure plus hidden object but haven't found that in this game so far., HEY! i'm a sea anemone and haven't posted much but these are my thoughts so far. will try to finish out the trial hour. get back to ya!

grumpy1123
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by grumpy1123 on Aug 28, 10 6:45 PM
I really enjoyed the demo. The hour went by quickly. I finished Level 1,2,3, and the walkthrough says there are 18 levels. This is definitely more of an adventure game than just a plain HOG, so that makes it much better for me. I like figuring out what to do next. But I also like that the Tasks or Hints will tell me if I can't figure it out.

I noticed that many people disliked this game on this thread, but many people loved it in the thread further down the page!?!

I also really liked the sound effects, although I had to turn the volume down.

So many great games lately. I'm having trouble deciding what to use my credit on. I think this one tops the list so far, but I haven't played Redemtion yet, and many people have mentioned how good it is.

Genet1770
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by Genet1770 on Aug 28, 10 6:53 PM
Actually, yes, thunder, and lightning DO occur in really nasty winter conditions. We're in the midwest, and have experienced this many times over the years, though it is not a frequent thing. In fact, it can get so nasty the lightning is green.

As for the game, doncha just love it? Lovely graphics, well done story, definitely a buy.

Katysmom1
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Katysmom1 on Aug 28, 10 6:55 PM
I loved this game right from the start. Played my 1 hr. Bought the game. Downloaded it and now can not get it to play. The message keeps saying Game already in progress when it is not. I even tried to delete game and it won't let me do that either because of the same message. HELP!

Go to: