bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

UPDATE! New version available for Samantha Swift and the Fountains of Fate! August 28, 2010.

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Aug 28, 10 12:16 PM
We have a new version of Samantha Swift and the Fountains of Fate available now. This new version of the game addresses the fig issue - not allowing the player to enter the puzzle until all figs have been collected.

We apologize greatly for the trouble and thank you for your patience. If the update has not already populated your Game Manager, there is a way to manually check for waiting updates:

To manually check for updates:

Click on Game Manager Options
Then open the Games & Downloads tab.

Under the Game Updates section, select Manually
Then click Check for Updates

Your game manager will then show you any available updates that haven't already been downloaded.

For more information click on the following link to view our help article:

Game Updates in the Game Manager

You can also get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here is a link to our help article for PC and Mac.

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket.

AFlowers
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Samantha Swift and the Fountains of Fate! August 28, 2010.

[Post New]by AFlowers on Aug 30, 10 7:54 PM
I downloaded and installed the update today, still same problem. No change.

casue
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Samantha Swift and the Fountains of Fate! August 28, 2010.

[Post New]by casue on Aug 31, 10 8:27 PM
I also uninstalled and redownloaded the game and still cannot play the game ~ it is stalled at the figs puzzle!!

I have contacted customer service and still have not received an answer also...

Please respond to this problem or I will not be purchasing any more games from this website...

It should not take you a month to respond to a problem with a game...

casue

birdie5
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

[Post New]by birdie5 on Sep 3, 10 3:53 PM
Do we need to start the game under a different profile in order for the fix to work? Thanks,

birdie5
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

[Post New]by birdie5 on Sep 3, 10 4:39 PM
Never mind - I just saw comment under the fig thread that said to start a new profile.

[Post New]by filly51 on Sep 19, 10 6:33 AM
Uninstalled and reinstalled and the problem is still there. If I start a new profile will this correct the problem?

[Post New]by OldBroadPlayer on Oct 3, 10 9:47 AM
I am stuck at the Midas Palace-Outside the Back. I have collected everything except the " Sapphire." I used the scanner to locate it and used the pick axe to open the rocks but the area is black and nothing I do will light up the area or allow me to click on the Sapphire.

I checked out the "Guide" to see if it had an answer but it talks about other things and does not mention a Sapphire. Then went to the Forum and read through the "Walk Through" and it also discusses other things but no mention of the Sapphire.

I then checked to see if I had an older version and needed an update. But no update was needed.

HELP!!! Why do the walk through and the guide discuss other items and do not mention the SAPPHIRE?

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM??? I AM A LOYAL BIG FISH FAN FOR MANY YEARS.

Edited on 10/03/2010 at 2:57:08 PM PST

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Oct 6, 10 7:55 PM
OldBroadPlayer wrote:I am stuck at the Midas Palace-Outside the Back. I have collected everything except the " Sapphire." I used the scanner to locate it and used the pick axe to open the rocks but the area is black and nothing I do will light up the area or allow me to click on the Sapphire.

I checked out the "Guide" to see if it had an answer but it talks about other things and does not mention a Sapphire. Then went to the Forum and read through the "Walk Through" and it also discusses other things but no mention of the Sapphire.

I then checked to see if I had an older version and needed an update. But no update was needed.

HELP!!! Why do the walk through and the guide discuss other items and do not mention the SAPPHIRE?

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM??? I AM A LOYAL BIG FISH FAN FOR MANY YEARS.

From the Blog Walkthrough General Tips for the Hidden Object Scenes:

The Find List will be different for different players, but the Key Items will always be the same.

So most likely the Sapphire is not one of the key items, and didn't happen to turn up on the Find List when the walkthrough was being written.

Could it be the small blue object at the very top center, on top of the brown wall?

Robin

[Post New]by OldBroadPlayer on Oct 30, 10 2:57 PM
Robin in my game the sapphire was clearly shown behind the rock wall when viewed with the scanner. But once opened up the rocks with the pick ax, the area turned black. The sapphire is a blue tinted item and unless I can access it, I cannot move on.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Oct 30, 10 4:49 PM
OldBroadPlayer wrote:Robin in my game the sapphire was clearly shown behind the rock wall when viewed with the scanner. But once opened up the rocks with the pick ax, the area turned black. The sapphire is a blue tinted item and unless I can access it, I cannot move on.

How frustrating--I'm so sorry you've run into that!

Assuming you got the game here at Big Fish Games, I'd suggest getting in touch with Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope in the right column of this pgae. They should be able to help one way or nanother.

Good luck!
Robin

Go to: