bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Spa Mania 2

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 29, 10 12:05 AM
Jade`s line of spas have always been known for being the most relaxing, organic, and eco-friendly! Recently, however, her customers have started to complain, so Jade must travel across the country and check in on every one of her spas. Upgrade each spa to become more and more Green, and make sure each one of your customers is totally relaxed in this frantic Time Management game. Can you survive the Spa Mania?

Hey Fishies!

What do you think of Spa Mania 2? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Edited on 08/29/2010 at 8:27:38 AM PST

Re:Spa Mania 2

[Post New]by knickknackblue on Aug 29, 10 4:50 AM
I think everything you need to know about this game you can tell by the fact that I am making the first post over 4 1/2 hours after the game was released!! There really is nothing to say about the game----I like soe TM games, but this one is just........there (and there is no there, there).

metmichallica
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,184 Posts

[Post New]by metmichallica on Aug 29, 10 4:56 AM
Is their anything different in this one than the first one? I got the first one free from Bigfish in some promotion and I haven't really played that one.

Saturn1985
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by Saturn1985 on Aug 29, 10 5:58 AM
I loved this time management game. Basically it is similar to the first one (as are all games in series), but there are some changes that make it different enough. You have to serve varying customer types in a spa, at massage tables, a pool, wrapping stations, and other enhancements that will appear later on.

Between each location there are mini-games which help you earning special tea, incenses or masks, that you can serve to your customers, which increase their patience even more than their regular couterparts. Those mini-games are extremely fun and very original, at least I didnt find them in other games (those mini-games are different ones from the previous part).

You can also upgrade your spa with ecological stations, that help you earning green points, and you can also buy new clothes that help Sara work faster or more efficiently. You also have to take an eye on your customers, because some of them are spies who try to steal money or items from your spa, or who make a mess.

At some of the stations you have to perform mini-tasks, comparable to those of the Sally's-series, but they are not as complicated and cumbersome, and generally fun. At least in the first three stages of the game have a nice and quick pace, but aren't overly challenging, but I assume that will change later on, since I already struggled with later levels in the first part of this series. Graphics are adorable.

All in all a definite buy for me 7 of 10 What the quality of this game has to do with the current number of posts I cannot see, for one thing it's Sunday, it's still early, and the game is very good IMO. Give it a try.

Edited on 08/30/2010 at 3:02:51 PM PST

metmichallica
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,184 Posts

[Post New]by metmichallica on Aug 29, 10 6:21 AM
Thank you for writing that great review Minnow.

Lauralei
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by Lauralei on Aug 29, 10 7:28 AM
Woohoo, really happy to see this! Spa Mania, the original game, is one of my favorite TM games. It's a lot of fun to play, pleasing graphics and plenty of upgrades, options and quirky customers to please. I remember that I could go back to levels and try for expert which is a plus for middling players like me . This one will be a definite buy in September. Excellent review, Saturn.

Recommendation: try the demo!

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Aug 29, 10 7:37 AM
This is a fun game and I was quite surprised when the demo ended mid-level as I decided VERY early on that I was purchasing this game and had forgotten I was still in "demo" mode.

The game is more involved than you might think and this is a good thing. You play Jade (my daughter's name, btw!) who is trying to figure out why her spas are suddenly failing. She has to visit all 10 of her spas and correct the issues there. The game appears to have 50 levels over 10 different locations (Honolulu, New York, Texas, New Orleans, Vermont, just to name a few). Each spa is a little different but the upgrades you purchase carry over from one location to the next. When customers come in (there are many types with varying degrees of patience), they request massages, jacuzzi, hot/cold stone treatments, facials, etc.

You start with Jade and one employee. His job is keep the changing rooms tidy and fill the jacuzzi. Jade's job is everything else. There are many bonus items you can place in the spa also to keep it running more smoothly (incense that you earn from a hot air balloon mini game), teas, jacuzzi bath oils, wind chimes, some sort of soothing sound machine (plays Asian sounding music), etc. The treatments that you actually perform are easy to do (thankfully!) and of course all of the equipment is upgradeable with time & money.

One other concept that has been thrown in here is that your spa must be green-friendly. This means you must achieve a good balance of green vs. technology. Too much of either and your customers are not going to be happy about it. Jade also earns clothing upgrades which have various effects (such as speedier shoes). There is a second mini-game in which you direct a truck through traffic by selecting arrows for its route - being careful to avoid collisions - this is to earn fancier tea that replenishes 2 hearts instead of just one.

Also, there are spies in the mix that will try to sabotage your spa - you have to keep an eye out for them or they do things like steal your products and knock all your robes down. All in all, this is a nice game, in the hour I played, I'm at the end of 2nd/beginning of 3rd city and there is a noticeable challenge already occurring. I like this game - I like that the game is much more involved than the first one. Already purchased before even writing the review!

Edited on 08/29/2010 at 7:40:54 AM PST

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Aug 29, 10 8:26 AM
Thanks for the great reviews everyone! I'm going to sticky this thread as the Comments and Reviews thread.

rncurtin
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Spa Mania 2

[Post New]by rncurtin on Aug 29, 10 9:25 AM
Thank you Big Fish!! Once again you have thrilled this TM lover! I love the music, graphics and fun characters. Some new mini games and twists to keep it a fresh experience. This is why I may try the other game sites but I will never leave Big Fish!

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Spa Mania 2

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Aug 29, 10 1:39 PM
This is a really fun TM game. Pretty much the same as the first in the Spa Mania series, but with a few little twists added to the mix. The graphics are good and the background music is pleasant. It never really gets that difficult so for those who enjoy TM games that are really challenging, this one might not be for you. Overall, a fun and relaxing game to play and well worth the $6.99.

DonnyDJ
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by DonnyDJ on Aug 29, 10 6:15 PM
Excellent, much better and more polished than the original. Recommended for time management fans...

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Aug 29, 10 9:26 PM
I was so surprised to see this one and glad. I love it !! I have the first one and love that one as well so this one was a definite buy for me after playing the demo for abut ten minutes I got it. I love it just as fun as the first and it also has some different stuff as well. Graphics are really cute all in all just a great and fun game just like the first one ! Keep bringing the tm games on I love them !

[Post New]by flutterby_dee on Aug 30, 10 3:33 AM
I think this is a great TM game for those who find games like the Dash series too hectic. I enjoyed the relaxed pace. While I enjoy the Sally games, I dislike how the pop-ups to treat your customers at stations disrupts my flow in placing and serving people, so I really like that there aren't pop-ups like that in this game! I think the graphics are cute, and the gameplay is good.
The new "green" theme seems pretty token - after played through the demo, it looks like it is really just a way to increase your earnings.
The mini-games are an interesting twist; I didn't personally like them, but it's nice to see that some players did, and it's encouraging to see developers putting mini-games other than a HOG level in TM games - hate it when they do that, there is a reason I play TM rather than HOGs!
All in all, the game is true to the original, whilst adding a couple of little extras. I'm not sure that I liked it enough to buy it, but if you enjoy TM you should at least give it a go.

James_Kit
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by James_Kit on Aug 30, 10 5:07 AM
After playing great GabCab I was looking for other similar games. Spa Mania 2 looks good and sounds good. It plays nice too. Not sure if I buy it though.

Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

[Post New]by Fransje66 on Aug 30, 10 6:45 AM
In the shopping cart immidiately after l finished the demo.
Nice new features compared to the first one; lovely new minigames.

l think you can earn more money to purchase upgrades by replaying a level (l got that when l did not make Expert at the first attempt).

for mine.

Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

[Post New]by Fransje66 on Aug 30, 10 8:04 AM
The in-game instruction are very well done.!

momnmejft
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by momnmejft on Aug 30, 10 8:25 AM
It seems to me I have played this game some where, previously. I downloaded and got a message my files have been corrupted. Had to manually turn off computer to get out of game, which I could not play. Hummm. Does anyone know if this game had been previously released on another site? This has happened before for me w BF.

Thanks.

Saturn1985
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by Saturn1985 on Aug 30, 10 10:09 AM
Hey momnmejft,

this game was out in beta at BFG some time ago. I did the beta, too, and received the same message as you (with the difference that I was able to create a new profile without any problems and play the game). I would write the customer support, they probably know what to do.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Aug 30, 10 10:16 AM
Well done. There are other spa TM games out there. This one added a couple new items that I hadn't seen before. One is the steam cabinet and another is the hot tub. Also there are mini games you can do to upgrade items that have counters, like tea and incense. The instructions were simple to understand and well explained. I also like that you can upgrade to eco-friendly and get eco points. The art is cute and though not complex. I would like to see more staff than the one guy, but perhaps with more time than the demo one can get that.

I enjoyed my hour demo and would buy. It's an A!

Edited on 08/30/2010 at 10:18:19 AM PST

momnmejft
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by momnmejft on Aug 30, 10 11:01 PM
Thanks Saturn,
Will try again in the a.m. I thought I had played the game before. Must have been some time back. Hope it works as I like game.

Go to: