Ready for the special room

Cute_Moni
Clownfish
Clownfish
506 Posts

Re:Ready for the special room

[Post New]by Cute_Moni on Oct 5, 17 8:00 PM
I sheepishly slink back in .....
..... a little grumble coming from my belly.....

May I have a chocolate chip cookie? I ask.

They smell devine.... my ambrosia.... I can then keep stormin the castle forever!!

dandydog
Clownfish
Clownfish
686 Posts

[Post New]by dandydog on Oct 6, 17 3:37 AM
"We All Live in a Yellow Submarine!" ...La..La..La.."We All Live in a Yellow Sub....?" My gracious me... ... Where did that tune come from...and why all of a sudden do I have a craving for "Chocolate Chip Cookies?"...Hummmmm.....Bing dear, I do believe that My MC Granny Senses are letting me know that it's high time to return to the Tea Room and see whats what....And "who" or "what" in the world is a Cute-Moni?... .........

Edited on 10/06/2017 at 3:41:13 AM PST

Annelliegram
Marlin
Marlin
9,238 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Oct 6, 17 8:53 PM
Humming to self..... hmmmm, what a strange ditty...... submarines? There are no submarines in and around the castle..... still humming to self ....

Ah, I see that Mrs. Fletcher still has not returned to the Tea Room..... hopefully, she WILL return after her 2-week sabbatical because she is desperately needed ..... still, there is another "sweet" surprise I can whip up ........ a few egg yolks.... some sugar, vanilla extract..... a bit of cream ...... stir, stir, cook and stir ..... place in shallow dish and heat in oven .... little bit of brown sugar and granulated sugar sprinkled on top.....back under the broiler ...... crack, crack! Perfect!!!!!!

Now that it has cooled a bit ...... garnish the top here and there with a mint sprig and some raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, strawberry slices ...... place shallow pan on separate serving platter and garnish with a few more berries ...... Ahhhhhhhhh!! What a perfectly delectable confection!!!! Creme Brulee ..... one of my favorites when cooked to perfection ...... Another lovely dessert for my God Son and his friends after their next meal .......Place in large bakery box ...oh, and mustn't forget the note ..... there, all done and properly addressed to PTG ......and I'm on my way.......

Sneaking into the back door of the Tearoom Kitchen to set it in the refrigerator so it can be kept cool ...... and what is this???? Something sticking out of the oven????? The kitchen looks so neat and clean, but that "thing" sticking out of the oven looks highly suspicious ..... now I wonder what has crawled up inside there to hide????

Oh, dear ..... I don't have time to satisfy my curiosity as I must be on my way..... I have already been here too long, and no one must see me ....... I shall just gather my hood over my head and slip out the way I came in ..... unseen.....

Edited on 10/06/2017 at 10:20:02 PM PST

[Post New]by Arizona63Tucson on Oct 6, 17 10:32 PM
Yes there is a submarine , it's yellow and hiding in the Moat , I saw it when I took that blinking orange pill I found in the well and the only reason I took it was because it was blinking.........take me , take me so I did HEHEHEH !!

LJM5091
Clownfish
Clownfish
580 Posts

[Post New]by LJM5091 on Oct 7, 17 7:29 AM
Waking up out of a not-so-sound sleep is NOT unusual since I have been in this Mirror World. I often wake to the frightening realization that this is NOT my bed and this place is NOT safe!

I have been sleeping in a small, empty closet in the tearoom just to be near the warm hearth.

It is easy for me to reach the kitchen and find small snacks to help go back to sleep. Sometimes I snitch a bit of the honey-rum mix and put it in hot tea. It helps a LOT. +

As I wander towards the kitchen, my mind is full....of travelling...

This day has been hectic. I have to figure out how to get transpo out of here along with anyone else that wants an adventure. Too bad the Captain didn’t want to take on the submarine project.

If I had suggested a tank, maybe that would have appealed to him.

If PTG’s charabanc were able to get us farther than the moat, we COULD use that. However, he keeps his secretes very well. Therefore, I have no idea how far it can go.

Since we are on an island amongst many other islands, a vessel would seem a reasonable choice to get us to another island and possibly more help.

That brings to mind a raft!!!! I am picturing a raft like Huck & Jim used or better yet, one like the Mariner used in Waterworld. Tents and cooking utensils....telescopes, a small cannon, flags....let’s get started!!!

Back to what’s in the kitchen. Pushing open the swinging door, I see the glow from a small light above the large stove/oven. It is a comforting glow.

Putting my travel plans on hold, I make my way to the frig...maybe a chicken leg to munch on! Chicken legs scatter quickly from my food visions.

Staring me in the face is a big, beautiful, baby blue, bakery box.....mmmmmm can’t wait to see what’s sequestered inside!

I reach to flip open the top but I see something written on the outside. More like scribbled but not criticizing. It isn’t so much as writing but small pictures or a mathematical equation. Wavy lines, plus sign, an arrow piercing a fish, plus sign, and a half-moon shaped object with serrations like spiky monster teeth along the straight edge.

A rebus?!?! a mystery to solve!!!!!! A partial vertical rebus. Unusual. The fish on a stick is under the wavy lines. hmmmm

I grab a napkin from the counter and a pencil nib from the clutter drawer and re-create the drawing to take with me. I’m not sure what the message is but I think it must be important.

LJM5091
Clownfish
Clownfish
580 Posts

[Post New]by LJM5091 on Oct 7, 17 7:31 AM
As I close the door, I notice a piece of paper hanging out of the box. Turning the box, I see that is has PTG’s real name....playingthegame. oooooogood thing I didn’t open it. I could have been in BIG trouble.

I scurry back to my room, as quickly as I can given my slippery stockings on a highly polished wooden floor. Don’t want any ‘risky business’ on the way to bed.

AuntieRoo
Clownfish
Clownfish
934 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Oct 7, 17 8:56 AM
Every time I try to escape the oven the kitchen door opens & someone else enters! It's like Piccadilly Circus in here.Its hardly surprising that Mrs Flecher has banished us from her kitchen.

I quickly escape from the oven before anyone else appears.I am about to sneak out the backdoor intending to run around the side & re-enter via the bathroom window to join my friends when suddenly Tucson Arizona** enters my head,how strange! I have absolutely no idea why,or why I have an urge to take a banana from the bowl,poke an upside down chocolate pipe in the middle of it & put it on one of Mrs Fletchers best blue plates.

How very artistic it looks,I think I'll give it to DD

**(Arizona Tucson ha ha)

LJM5091
Clownfish
Clownfish
580 Posts

[Post New]by LJM5091 on Oct 7, 17 10:49 AM
eeeeooooow.....I reach to the middle of my back....it suddenly felt like a hot poker stabbing me in the spine. I have had chills go down my spine but never something that stung and made me feel my spine was on fire!!!!!

I looked around to see if an ember from the fireplace was on the loose....nope.

Ok.

Back to my closet. I have a problem to solve!

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,706 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Oct 7, 17 12:47 PM
I listen more intently from nosie coming from the kitchen and think ?????? W>T>H<
is going on in there??
I get up and go check it out...I smell a mix of perfume?? okay who was ih here that I do not know about wait sniff sniff sniff oh okay that is DD and sniff sniff that would be Roo with a tad of Bengay mixed in ** note to self * tell Roo that mixture does not work well
I spy a package hum where did this come from it was not here before ??
I see the note hanging c***eyed from the box and bend my head to read it do not trust anything I have not seen before with all this poofing going on better to safe than sorry.
Sheesh looks like the writing of Egor all scribble's and all I am NOT opening that box might go BOOM on me as pay back for yelling at him and baring him from the kitchen.
Then I spy what looks like a cake?? get closer ,,, what is this a joke?? looks like the face of a Tucan oh man I gota get back to Camp before I completely lose all my dust bunnies then I spy out of the corner of my eye a low blinking light.
Oh great now what as I take out my Sai and poke it
A Pill ??? an orange Pill?
An orange blinking pill ???
Okay that's it I smash the pill with my boot and what for it to send me to the moon, but no all I see is a pile of powder and blink blink blink light out.
Guess I better sweep this up before some sees it and try's to decorate that funny looking cake over there.
HEY PTG come here and bring your broom seeing you are The Chief Sweeper upper around here got a small mess here for you..............

Edited on 10/07/2017 at 12:48:56 PM PST

[Post New]by Arizona63Tucson on Oct 7, 17 1:22 PM
OOOHHH !!! My blinking orange pill smashed , smashed now I'm going to have to root around the Bathroom and Kitchen until I find them all .

LJM5091
Clownfish
Clownfish
580 Posts

[Post New]by LJM5091 on Oct 7, 17 2:44 PM
Springing up out of bed.....whoanellybligh....hold your horses DD! ......reminding myself to slow down so I don’t end up on the floor on my backside.

I worked on this little puzzle but I think I missed part of it. I need to go back to the refrigerator and check out the writing again.

Even at a slow shuffle across the polished wooden floor (thanks Mrs. Fletcher, or Dandydog, or PTG, whoever did such a nice job), I am sliding to the swinging door to the kitchen....I think I may slide right through it.....there’s a light....watch out.....coming throoooough......

“Oh, sorry Captain Randy. I couldn’t stop. Are you alright?” Looking down at him on the floor, I sort of wish it were me rather than him. He will be mad, I’m sure! He is cursing enough to make the harvest moon blue!

I offer an extended hand and help him up from the sitting position.

“I lost control of my speeding socks, Captain, and sped right through that goes-both-ways-door.”

He stands with his hands on his hips and towers over me. “What are you in here for?” he asks.

“I saw some writing/drawing on the box in the frig and I need to look at it again.” If I get busy, maybe he will ignore me. Opening the frig door, I see that no one has bothered it. Quickly, taking out the paper and bit of pencil from my pouch, I look carefully at the ¿symbols? on the paper and compare it to what is on the box.

Captain Randy is asking why I want the scribbles Egor made? I tell him I’m not sure Egor made them. I think it is a picture puzzle.

Continuing, I see that the arrow doesn’t actually go through the fish. It is pointing down at the fish under the wavy lines. I also notice that the fish’s tail looks like two small blades attached to it. hmmmmm The last part of the rebus is still crazy looking.

As I turn to leave, I noticed there were small bits of orange parts of something scattered on the floor. Pity someone fails to clean up after themselves when Roo did such a wonderful job cleaning up after dinner.

I tell Captain Randy I am going back to bed and head off slowly planting one foot solidly down in front of the other. No more backsides on the floor tonight.

AuntieRoo
Clownfish
Clownfish
934 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Oct 8, 17 9:00 AM
I sit down at the back of the Tea Room thoroughly fed up.Not only did I forget the pot of tea but also realising that Grim will be cross with me.

When she heard about my encounter with the tsunami she used her techy skills to manufacture a signalling device,one for each of us.I was supposed to "take great care of them" until our next mission,then hand out one orange pill to everyone to be used in an emergency

Grim's instructions were very clear. 'If they get wet they will activate a blinking beacon which will send an S.O.S. to HQ".I was so afraid they would get wet that I wanted to put each one into a miniature round box from the HOS's but I hadn't quite got enough yet so I put the pills in my pocket.In my haste to scramble into the oven one must have fallen out. Now I'm short & Grim might not have any spares.

I've a good mind to spike Randys honey rum with something from my Brewing Machine.

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,706 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Oct 8, 17 11:16 AM
I stand waiting for PTG to appear with his new fanged stick thing that can change into a million things a broom being one of them and that is what I need right now.
I wonder if he remembers what to say or click or flick to get the broom ???
I look around the kitchen maybe Mrs. Fletcher has one some where and I open cupboard doors * don't ask why*** and other doors around the kitchen I even look in the oven WTH is this??
Not a broom that is for sure as I pull out what looks like a cloth belt???
Hum it is the same color as Roo's house coat she had on when I saw her scoot from the kitchen.
Now why in Tom Thumb would she be in and I mean IN the oven???
I look at the oven then to the pile of orange powder on the floor still waiting to be cleaned up .
I grab a pot and cover the pile with it till it get cleaned up that is all I need is for Egor to sneak in here and lick this up , better lock the back door to be on the safe side.
I lock the door make sure the pile is covered and enter The Tea Room Dinning Hall
and spot Roo at the back of the Hall looking so grumpy dare I talk to her ?
I am going to do it anyway I can yell louder then her anyway and she needs to explain why the house coat belt was in the oven,, this should be good.
Excuse me Roo sorry to interrupt your thoughts but can you explain this as I hold up the belt???

AuntieRoo
Clownfish
Clownfish
934 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Oct 8, 17 2:00 PM
"Explain it,of course I can explain it" I mutter with just a hint,well a large hint of sarcasm
"It's a belt that just happens to match my dress" I can't help it,the smirk on my face just sort of appeared.
I know it's belt" he bellows " What I don't know is why it was in the oven"....Now I have a dilemma,should I confess?....Nope....The poor man will have a fit if he thinks he's upset poor Grim.

"I was inspecting the cleanliness of the oven after your mammoth chef impersonation before Mrs Fletcher returns,You know how picky she is about her kitchen.Do you want her to have another fainting fit before your very eyes?My belt must have come off & I didn't notice,maybe I've lost a few pounds,Anyway if you don't need It I should like it back"

With that I grab the belt from his hand & storm off to the ladies room.Once there I heave a huge sigh of relief, phew....I think I might have got away with it.

Edited on 10/08/2017 at 2:03:58 PM PST

[Post New]by Elsaemerald on Oct 8, 17 6:27 PM

I’m here in the East
With a wondrous feast
For capt Randy
And his crew
Happy thanksgiving to you

dandydog
Clownfish
Clownfish
686 Posts

[Post New]by dandydog on Oct 9, 17 3:29 AM
Bing ....would you be a dear and pass me some more of Captain Randy's Honey Rum Tea.... ...Why am I drinking this potent Tea so early in the morning you inquire??.... ...Because of the Voices Bing!....It's those Ding-Dong Voices that keep popping up unsuspectingly when I least expect them too..... and.... from Friends that I've never even met before.... ....- - - - , - - -, ----?... (Bing's way of speaking).... How can they be a "Friend" if I don't even know who they are?... ...Well now there Bing...I do believe that it's My..... Special, unfailing MC Granny In-tu-ition ... . letting me know who is a Castle Friend or Foe......Oh Me Oh My!... ...Now "The Voices" are trying to convince me that it's "Thanksgiving" when I diffidently know that we haven't even had "Halloween" here in the Castle yet..... You know Bing,.... how... "We".... ...who are "Slightly Insane" in our Special Room uniqueness,.... .... really go all out for Halloween....Why!...at this very moment,.. there's are all kinds of "Halloween decorations" stored away in the "Secret Room" for just this Festive occasion ... ..... not to mention, all the New Halloween Cake... ...& Cookie Recipes she's planning to create and make too...Yum..Yum,..... (Mrs Fletcher is going to ask PTG's Dear Fairy God Mother to help her out here cause Her Chocolate -chip Cookies are such a hit with everyone here in the very Special Room.).... .......Woe is me dear Friends......Is there anyone out there... who can help Poor Mrs Fletcher....Sigh!... and her troubles with Hearing Strange Voices coming randomly out of Nowhere?........Please send all suggestions in C/O : Midnight Castle Tea Room.... We will be sure she receives them....Serious Suggestions only Please!... ....

Edited on 10/09/2017 at 3:53:49 AM PST

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,706 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Oct 9, 17 9:47 AM
ROO you get back here this instant, you really think I am that stupid??
I mean I am lunnie toonie in this place BUT I do still have a bit of grey matter mixed in with the dust bunnies and I DO KNOW WHEN YOU ARE HIDING SOMETHING OR RIGHT OUT LYING TO ME,,, AND YOU KNOW THAT DOES NOT FLY WITH ME NOW GET BACK HERE .\
I reach her door and am about to slam my fist through it , but think better of that do not want to give her a heart attack but !@#$%^&*()_)(*&^%$#@!@#$%^&*( Roo get out her and explain yourself.
Explain how you could be ** just checking to see if the oven was clean enough to pass Mrs.Fletcher's inspection upon her return**,,,did you fall in, I mean fall in totally ??
Or did you crawl in with a flashlight and check every nut ,bolt,and hinge?
So let me get this straight ,, you do an inspection of the oven with your wholeeeeeeee body then climb out and your belt /sash gets caught on the grill is that what you are saying through the door??
Come on Roo face me and explain I may be an old Irish/Scot/ Cap codger BUT that malarkey will not fly with me and while we are at it any ideas on that orange blinking Pill I smashed??
I can wait here till the cows come home and give chocolate milk you know so up to you and I cross my arms over my chest and lean against Roo's door.

Edited on 10/09/2017 at 9:49:24 AM PST

[Post New]by Arizona63Tucson on Oct 9, 17 10:55 AM
UMPING IMMY !! The smashed pill I almost forgot %^&*$# DON' GET IT WET I yells . Quick , scoop it up and put in a bag before it,,,,,,,,,,,,OOPS !! too late................. RUUUNNNNNN !!!

Edited on 10/09/2017 at 11:14:39 AM PST

AuntieRoo
Clownfish
Clownfish
934 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Oct 9, 17 1:09 PM
"Okay,okay" I shout through the door.I'll only come out if there's a pot of tea & one of your famous turkey sandwichs,I'm starving"
That should buy me a little time .I hear Randy storm off to the kitchen huffing & muttering to himself.I rub my wish master pendant to summon my bag.I dig deep down inside & low & behold I can see what I'm looking for...yippee I knew I had one...I pull out the Transportation Device & set off for Grims HQ.

Oh no.. she isn't here,never mind I don't have time to wait so I poke around a bit until I find more orange pills.I only take one & leave a note explaining what I have taken & why.Back into the Transportation Device & poof!! I'm back in the Tea Room behind the door.

Randys voice is now booming out "I'm waiting" well lucky him,I'm utterly exhausted from all this running around. .I throw the door open,with more force than I though I had & make an entrance worthy of an actress.
"Arrrh " I hear,Silly man how was I supposed to know he was standing that close.Everyone knows this door opens outwards!!! ( Luckily or maybe not) Randys tummy sticks out further than the rest of his anatomy & this part took the full force of the door.His face is quite red I must have winded him as he isn't saying anything.

I look around me, DD is in shock & Angel is shaking her head in disbelief.PTG has that funny smirk on his face that says" You are in so much trouble" & dandydog is holding her sides about to explode into howls of laughter.

I stride over to the table with the tea & turkey sandwich & sit down as everyone follows suit.I plonk the bag of orange pills in the centre of the table & explain about the signalling devices which have been incorporated into them.

playingthegame
Manatee
Manatee
4,100 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Oct 10, 17 2:11 AM
A cloud of dust bunnies explodes from Cp'n Bob's hair as he digests (or attempts to) what Roo has just said and done.

For him the implications seem to be obvious as his mental cogs whirl into action.

My broom is beside itself in anticipation of all the work that is cascading all over the once clean floor.

Roo's shenanigans seem to be momentarily forgotten with this new information and possibilities.

I let my broom loose on the bunnies and it is only when it attacks Cap'n Bob's hairline do I reign it in, before it becomes matchwood.

Cap'n Bob clear his throat in a manner that I have come to realise is impending orders are in the wind (or at least his windpipe!).

HHHMMMMMM!!
"Now hear this!"

It is at this moment that a stray dust bunny is inhaled and he dissolves in a fit of coughing and spluttering.

I stare at him most unsympathetically!

"If only you had let my broom finish the job, you would be OK!"

DD produces out of nowhere obvious a flask of his honey rum "medicine", and gets a seal of approval

He resumes .......

Go to: