DoobieBear
Flounder
Flounder
2,169 Posts

Bug in Treasure Seekers - Visions of Gold

[Post New]by DoobieBear on Nov 10, 08 11:40 AM
Treasure Seekers - Visions of Gold has a bug at the end of the game. The ending keeps circling around without a way to exit the game.

I reported this via online chat, but Maika at Big Fish seemed to think since no one else had reported it that it was just a problem that I was experiencing. She suggested that I discuss this issue in the forums and IF other people had the problem then they would look into it.

She even suggested uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Like I was going to go through the game completely again just to see if it would do the same thing? Thanks, but no thanks!

Anyhow.........here's the thread to report if you're having problems with the ending. Needless to say I'm not very satisfied at the customer service that Maika offered.

Maybe if enough people answer this thread then someone will address the problem sooner or later.

DoobieBear
Flounder
Flounder
2,169 Posts

Re:Bug in Treasure Seekers - Visions of Gold

[Post New]by DoobieBear on Nov 10, 08 12:01 PM
Good luck Cherbtoo!

Yeppers katie, that's what it did to me. I figured it wasn't just my puter, but it's really nice to know that it's not!

I really did enjoy the game. It seemed kinda like Mortimer Beckett, but I only played the demo of ole' Mortimer, so I don't remember that much about it.

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Nov 10, 08 12:14 PM
I also reported it this morning. I posted it in another thread here as well. Great game though.

coco1953
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,580 Posts

[Post New]by coco1953 on Nov 10, 08 12:17 PM
There have been a few people that have mentioned this very thing Doobie. It is in the long thread about the game so hopefully BF will check into it.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Nov 10, 08 12:34 PM
If you have experienced this issue, please report it to Customer Support so they become aware that others are also experiencing the issue.

coco1953
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,580 Posts

[Post New]by coco1953 on Nov 10, 08 12:36 PM
Your very welcome Doobie. Glad that you got that out of your system and can enjoy the rest of your day. Have a great one Doobie.

DoobieBear
Flounder
Flounder
2,169 Posts

[Post New]by DoobieBear on Nov 10, 08 12:48 PM
cesse47 wrote:If you have experienced this issue, please report it to Customer Support so they become aware that others are also experiencing the issue.

Cesse, that's exactly what I did and the exact reason why I did it; ****wever Maila at is the one that told me to come here and "discuss" it. She stated that these threads are looked at once a day and they would look into it IF more people had problems.

Like you, I would think that there's more than enough work on the forums for the moderators without adding to their work. Also I wouId think that bugs are more of a customer service issue than a moderator issue, but what do I know?

Cesse, please don't think I'm getting "snotty" with you, I don't mean it that way at all........I'm still a trifle on the upset side that Maila would have brushed off an issue that is clearly in the realm of good customer service.

Note for the moderators: This is an issue that the moderators need to take up with their own customer service reps........starting with Maila........so they stop this kind of response before it becomes a bigger issue.

eta.....The reps name was Maika......not Maila, as above. sorry for the confusion

Edited on 11/10/2008 at 12:56:59 PM PST

DoobieBear
Flounder
Flounder
2,169 Posts

[Post New]by DoobieBear on Nov 10, 08 12:52 PM
coco1953 wrote:Your very welcome Doobie. Glad that you got that out of your system and can enjoy the rest of your day. Have a great one Doobie.

Thanks Coco! Every now and then this little guy gets the better of me and it's hard to get back again. You're a sweetie! Hope you have a great one and enjoy the rest of the game.

DoobieBear
Flounder
Flounder
2,169 Posts

[Post New]by DoobieBear on Nov 10, 08 12:54 PM
hmmmmmm.......now why did however get censored in my earlier post? I wasn't cursing.......honest!! Guess can't say H and O together??

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Nov 10, 08 12:56 PM
DoobieBear, my comment was not directed to you, no offense taken. My comment was to people who may read the thread but not comment.

DoobieBear
Flounder
Flounder
2,169 Posts

[Post New]by DoobieBear on Nov 10, 08 1:01 PM
Thanks for understanding, Cesse!

bajacalla
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by bajacalla on Nov 10, 08 2:26 PM
I'm having the same problem - can't quit the game after finishing it!

DoobieBear
Flounder
Flounder
2,169 Posts

[Post New]by DoobieBear on Nov 10, 08 2:35 PM
Thanks purple! That's exactly what I thought too. I'm normally so impressed by 's customer support, but this one really kinda defeated the purpose of waiting through 32 people ahead of me. It taught me a valuable lesson though, never again will I contact CS through the chat feature. The few issues I've had in the past were always handled by email and that's what I'll stick with from now on.

At least if a bug had to happen, it happened at the very end of the game so it doesn't affect the fun. Here's to hoping they offer a fix soon so that we can go back and replay it without problems later!

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Nov 10, 08 5:04 PM
I sent an email Help Ticket since it was not a pressing issue as it's the end of the game. At least I *assume* it is...? I have not yet heard a single person say they have finished and *not* had the problem, so one wonders has anyone at finished the game?

Great game, loved it, and the funny thing was I was thinking of composing a post about how refreshing it was to play a game completely glitch free, so I think the irony gods must have heard and said, "Can't have that!" and it's my fault.

CynthiaV
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by CynthiaV on Nov 10, 08 5:28 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to Doobiebear and all those who let CS know about this problem and for bringing it to everyone's attention. I think it's a fun game too but didn't get as far as you all did but was going to purchase it. I've learned a while back to ALWAYS check out the Forum before purchasing any game just in case... Think I'll wait now. Thanks to all you wonderful fishies!

sixmilecoss
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by sixmilecoss on Nov 10, 08 6:12 PM
i don't know about a bug, but i deleted the game with 22 min still left in the trial version. fist of all, it is too slow. and then there is no help to find the keyed items. i ran my curser all over the screen and never did find anything to click on. i made it to the old house. i found one keyed item, the box and couldn't find anything else. didn't like this one.

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Nov 10, 08 6:19 PM
yes,i had the same bug at the end me too!i had to do Ctrl-AltGr-suppr to finish the game!but what a lovely game!with very beautifull pistures,but ,but....please a little more difficult!idid it in an afternoon,and don't do only it!but the "to be continued" give me some hope!go on BFG!the quality of this game put it on first place on my best games list!just equal with the dream chronicles I and II;is the team the same?there is a "touch"!more,please,more!

luckywife
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by luckywife on Nov 10, 08 6:59 PM
Same problem for me. I finally had to do a control/alt/delete to get out of it. It was a fun game, I really enjoyed it, but I found it way too short. I am glad I had a game credit to use, if I had to purchase it full price I would be really ticked about the short length.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 10, 08 7:40 PM
Had the same thing- needed Task manager to get out of game.

debhi
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by debhi on Nov 11, 08 2:41 AM
Enjoyed the game. Had same problem at the end. I guess it wanted to keep playing. Had to ctrl alt delete to get out.

Go to: