bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Drawn: Dark Flight Collector's Edition®

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 31, 10 1:50 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Drawn: Dark Flight Collector's Edition®? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Edited on 08/31/2010 at 1:50:59 AM PST

mothermayhem
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Drawn: Dark Flight Collector's Edition®

[Post New]by mothermayhem on Aug 31, 10 2:53 AM
CasualGran! So glad I read your post. I was all set to hit the buy button in my excitement over this new release that I senior momented that today was the 31st and I would have lost out one three punches. Thanks for reminding this grammy what day it was.

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Aug 31, 10 3:29 AM
mothermayhem wrote:CasualGran! So glad I read your post. I was all set to hit the buy button in my excitement over this new release that I senior momented that today was the 31st and I would have lost out one three punches. Thanks for reminding this grammy what day it was.

Me too! I always try to end the month with my game purchases divisible by 6. BFG should let these odd purchases roll over into the next month! I mean where's the downside for us or BFG? Just go with a grand total,free game credit award system!
Cell phone companies did it years ago. I mean,it is costing lost sales at the end of the month. How about it people,what do you think?
Dr.good
p.s. BFG rules!!

KelLew34
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by KelLew34 on Aug 31, 10 4:02 AM
doctorgood wrote:
mothermayhem wrote:CasualGran! So glad I read your post. I was all set to hit the buy button in my excitement over this new release that I senior momented that today was the 31st and I would have lost out one three punches. Thanks for reminding this grammy what day it was.

Me too! I always try to end the month with my game purchases divisible by 6. BFG should let these odd purchases roll over into the next month! I mean where's the downside for us or BFG? Just go with a grand total,free game credit award system!
Cell phone companies did it years ago. I mean,it is costing lost sales at the end of the month. How about it people,what do you think?
Dr.good
p.s. BFG rules!!

Ditto here.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Aug 31, 10 4:12 AM
i agree dr good......anyone know if we can just buy xtra credits..they cost the same as a game....i just posted this ? in chitchat to the mods

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Aug 31, 10 4:32 AM
Sorry- extra credits do not go towards punch card- your credit has to be applied to a game to be a punch.

[Post New]by Miniatures1 on Aug 31, 10 5:08 AM
Do not like all the advertisement before game will close other wise great game!

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Aug 31, 10 5:13 AM
Miniatures1 wrote:Do not like all the advertisement before game will close other wise great game!

I found the answer to this little annoyance: I hit the "Esc" key. That immediately closed the game.

[Post New]by Cynseer04 on Aug 31, 10 5:23 AM
I am really glad I checked out the comments and reviews here. I watched the little movie about the game....and thought the music and graphics looked fabulous....glad to know that it is definitely going to be worth the CE price. And, that because of your comments, I definitely will wait until tomorrow to purchase for the 3 punches on my game card. These forums with comments and reviews are the best since they have yet to steer me wrong in games I buy. Thanks to all!

bkl8303
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by bkl8303 on Aug 31, 10 5:26 AM
I can't wait to download this. But I do agree with everyone else. It sure would be nice to be able to roll over the credits. One problem I have is there are so many good games in the first and middle of the month that I plan on purchasing them the next month and then you guys hit us with great games at the end. As much as I would like to purchase them all, I can't afford them all but would really like for you to please consider the roll over program. I really do appreciate the fact that the CE are more affordable and that too create a big issue for me. Now I want to purchase them as well. lol Okay enough. Thanks for listening to a BF lover.

Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

[Post New]by Carole22759 on Aug 31, 10 5:52 AM
TO DO LIST FOR WEEK ENDING SEPT04-2010:
Drink coffee...
Shower...
Go to work...
Come home @ 5:35pm...
Play DRAWN: Dark Flight CE...
Sleep...
...Repeat.

ChocCherry
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by ChocCherry on Aug 31, 10 6:13 AM
I don't know if this is a technical issue or not but I can't get passed the second "room" where I need to paint a bridge. It says I need a paintbrush and I can't find one. I have a rock, two musical notes, an orange painting and a lever. Help button shows a small object next to a lions head but I can't get anywhere. I'm really stuck.

Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

[Post New]by Carole22759 on Aug 31, 10 6:13 AM
On a Positive Note:
This month my Punch Card happened to work out positively...
Because I had already filled my August PCard w/6 purchases, I was hesitant to purchase any additional games for August. Then CE-Reincarnations (worth 3-punches) was offered, AND I read that CE-DRAWN would be coming on Aug31. After a moment of calculation...I realized I could purchase CE-Reincarnations for 3-punches, AND CE-DRAWN for 3-punches, ending the month of August with a 2nd full PCard!
So, for me, timing was everything (for all of my purchases to workout economically perfectly)...in which I will be rewarded with TWO FREE games for August!
Even though most of the "pond" is a bit upset with their PCard restrictions (no rollover), I'm one of the mathematically lucky ones! I couldn't be happier .
TY --

[Post New]by Huskies4 on Aug 31, 10 6:20 AM
I see the price today for the game is $13.99. Will it still be discounted tomorrow on the official release date??

pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by pixielily on Aug 31, 10 6:24 AM
Oops! I posted this in the forum.

I really liked the first Drawn so I was very excited to play the new one. It looks to be a pretty good length and as everyone has already said the graphics are great.

I do have a con, but it is a little one: I wish the scenes could be skipped or moved along. In the intro I felt there was way too much movie and I read faster than the movie speaks (annoying) now this could be only for the demo section but would like to know.

Sorry two cons: I really, really do not like the sales pitch at the end! The game either sells itself or not. When I see the sales pitch I fell like I am buying a car or life insurance (a big negative for me), LOL

So for those of you who have bought and played the game, do the movies continue as much or is the rest of the game more game play?

[Post New]by padaco on Aug 31, 10 6:31 AM
I am too dumb to play this game. I can not even paint the first bridge that is required to move on. Can anyone tell me where the paint brush is.

Jofer
Shark
Shark
11,519 Posts

[Post New]by Jofer on Aug 31, 10 6:46 AM
Just finished the demo and all I can say is WOW! This is a great followup to the first Drawn game and I've been waiting eagerly for it to come out. The demo hasn't disappointed me at all! The music and graphics are top notch, the story involving and definitely gives me that "I can't WAIT to see what happens next!" feeling with each step I go. There's more of a feeling of suspense with this second Drawn game too, than I had felt with the first, which really adds to the whole feel of the game to me.
Great game!

TheRev088
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by TheRev088 on Aug 31, 10 6:50 AM
I am always glad that these posts lead me to games that are worth the purchase and let me know which are not worth my time.

I also purchased Reincarnation when it came out and then realized that I should have waited for Sept. and a new month's punch card. So I am glad this one came out today! I will buy it and look forward to my freebies next month!

Other than the bonus scene in Reincarnation, what other game play advantages are there to the CEs? I'm not really interested in the wallpaper stuff and afraid I may have missed something in Reincarnation since i downloaded and played the try it before purchasing the CE. Swim with me fellow fishies and let me know??

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Aug 31, 10 6:51 AM
OT I think picman addressed a similar issue re why their books can't roll over outstanding coupons beyond exp dates, their accounting is month to month and closed out in time frames. That's why it is a calendar month 1st to last day. You paid for the games in August. Books close 31st. Redeemable things are different than paid items and after a period they have to pay taxes on redeemable items. That is why "6 games within a month" had to be spelled out as calendar month.Not any consecutive 30 days. We don't have time commitments like a contract for a phone. We buy month to month, so rewards go month to month.How long should one punch be held over if you don't buy 5 more in Sept etc.

If I have one empty punch end of month I can buy a DD if that $2.99 is going to get me a $6.99 coupon next month, next best thing than if I have a freebie coupon to use. Didn't mean to fill a second card in August, but CE Reincarnations came out late, so added rest with coupons I had to use or expire.

I don't really see how they lose sales since you are going to buy it next day anyway. Or like me, scramble to buy MORE in a hurry LOL. I do sit on a wish list end of mo. Not just to get the new card started but because my income is in my bank on the 3rd if I'm short or over budget. It does take some planning, like you say to be divisible by 6. Whatever accounting methods BF uses I'm sure it is the most efficient cost savings for them, least outstanding misc the better. Then start a new month. Not many want to commit to a longer contract than 30 days membership even though we can think up a lot of ideas to our benefit. Yeh would be nice, but I'm just looking at it from a business standpoint.

Oh, comments re this game, OT I guess. I'm not even doing the demo til after the first, keep me out of trouble and already have 2 cards full. Patience, have to refrain from impulse buying same as in stores. Waited this long, what's another day?

Ju_bb
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Ju_bb on Aug 31, 10 7:03 AM
Didn't buy any game this month. I only want this but if I buy today that means I will lost my game punch. Can I buy today and they mark tomorrow. Or I can buy it after my midnight not Big FIsh games place midnight?

Go to: