bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Brixter

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 31, 10 1:53 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Brixter? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

JanG7
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Brixter

[Post New]by JanG7 on Aug 31, 10 9:45 AM
They weren't kidding about being fast paced. Sometimes hard to follow the ball, but I like a challenge and its pretty easy to get extra lives. Nice graphics. Don't care for the sound music very much. Its still going to be a buy for me.

machamc
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by machamc on Aug 31, 10 10:13 AM
What is this all about - got about 2 minutes of demo, screen went to window size, then shut down and said trial time over. No trial time to evaluate, no sale.

quillfred
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by quillfred on Aug 31, 10 1:30 PM
Like a 1980s throwback. Doesn't hold a candle to the great Rebound series. Come on BF where are the good games?

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Aug 31, 10 3:13 PM
A few minutes into the demo I knew it don`t like this game. I will pass on this one. No buy for me

[Post New]by bigwillystyle on Aug 31, 10 4:05 PM
This game was great on so many levels. The music is great. The sound effects properly fit the game. So far, the story is great. I like the bonus levels. It seems like a cross between Breakout and Space Invaders.

This game really took me back to my youth and I am enjoying playing it. Well done Big Fish!

This is a definite must buy for anyone who is looking for a game to play for a couple of hours and have fun! It is not overly complicated or does it make me have to think. I am definitely telling all of my friends about this game!

[Post New]by blipsarcade on Aug 31, 10 4:17 PM
What can I say about this game, except "WOW!". I hope the developers make a sequel to this game. The story is great!

One complaint - I wish there was a way to play all of the story in one continuous view. Maybe that is something Big Fish can recommend to the developers for Brixter 2!

Good work everyone!

doccat5
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by doccat5 on Aug 31, 10 5:45 PM
Gawd, this is awful! I normally like brick breakers, but this needs some major work. The graphics leave a great deal to be desired and the game play is pretty crude. I don't mind the fast ball speed, but that combined with the cubes is not worth the time. No buy on this one.

huntington101
Salmon
Salmon
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by huntington101 on Aug 31, 10 5:47 PM
Unfortunately when messages pop up, the game play continues so you are supposed to read the message and survive at the same time. If that is not enough of a challenge, the message bubble, bounces around at the same speed the ball does.

So long, farewell.

[Post New]by grated_fun on Aug 31, 10 8:00 PM
This game reminds me a bit of Space Invaders but not as stodgy. The graphics are colorful and the game is fast-paced. The music seems to build in intensity at the same time the game does--masterful. I agree with an earlier post I read about the messages at the beginning staying on-screen too long, that was annoying, but once they were done displaying that was the end of it and I was able to play on. There's lots of chances to get extra lives but I still had to hustle. The storyline was a good addition, it added an extra element that your average brickbreaker game doesn't have. All in all a super game and a nice change from all the hidden object games I have been playing lately. Recommended!

Edited on 08/31/2010 at 8:07:16 PM PST

[Post New]by frozentundra on Aug 31, 10 8:31 PM
I just got done playing the game and it brought me back to the old school games like Asteriods and the like. Excellent graphics and the speed of the game is awesome. Great job Mojo-Bone Software and Tom Kelly!

[Post New]by CatsIs2 on Aug 31, 10 9:57 PM
Great game. Challenging, yet not needing to think too much. I will enjoy many hours trying to get through the whole story line. Enjoy the graphics and the music is fantastic. Brings me back to the "good ol' days". LOL.

[Post New]by Evildarklink on Sep 2, 10 6:22 AM
Seriously I don't understand why so many people like this game and that, normally, I just LOVE brick-breakers, but this one is disappointing to so many levels, the story frames either change too fast or too slow, the messages that move at the same speed than the ball and go outside the screen when the ball is too close to the edge so you're unable to read them, there's like no way to aim the ball at all, I don't mind the speed because I'm used to those games but there's no control over the ball at all!! what's with that? levels can last ages in this manner if you're the slightest unlucky, I seriously couldn't stand too long in the game because of all those obvious flaws that make the Brick-Breaker genre so enjoyable and comfy... This game makes me feel like I'm stuck to only deciding to where the ball starts bouncing and that's it!

[Post New]by tuko51 on Sep 2, 10 8:30 AM
i love arkanoid games this game not good at all.very bad work.

Owlish
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by Owlish on Sep 3, 10 8:51 AM
I have been really enjoying this game, even though it is hard to follow it is challenging. When a game is like this one, i have to keep trying to beat each level, this is such a welcoming change to HOGs amd TM's. Thanks Big Fish!

opiesmom
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by opiesmom on Sep 4, 10 8:02 AM
First I have to wade thorugh a stupid comic book, then finally the games starts with not-so-great graphics and waving screen that made me dizzy. Sorry, not for me.

Dear developers, please stop with the long pointless intros.

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Sep 8, 10 5:24 PM
I did not even finish the trial on this game.

Not one for me at all.

The ball moves really fast, but the rest of the game moves at a slow speed. It seems to take forever to just get through the story and the sector screens.

I turned off the music, as I never play with music, put when I was playing the music was still on.

A real no-go for me.

Edited on 09/08/2010 at 5:25:19 PM PST

[Post New]by belleboop on Sep 15, 10 6:27 PM
This game was absolutely frustrating to play .. Did the developers actually play it . I love all the brick busting games and was so excited to try this . What an absolute dissappointment . I didn't mind the fast pace , but wow , no control over the ball at all . So much for skill in maneuvering the paddle and aiming the ball , won't help ya here . YUK , a no on recommending the game , and definately will not buy , even with my free game credits ... grrrrr., how I long for a new thrilling brick busting game .. You can take this one back . A FAIL INDEED !!!

Edited on 09/15/2010 at 6:32:42 PM PST

dancebear
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by dancebear on Oct 13, 13 2:53 PM
A good "breakout" type game for a change. Most on here are so slow and so easy its not worth playing them. The music is fantastic. There are a few things I might do differently but for the most part this is the first game of this genre that has come out in awhile worth playing. I would like to see more of them. Oh yeah and just so you know I am not a young teen, I am a gray haired grandma that has been gaming since the Atari first came out and we bought it as a present for the whole family. The kids got to play early in the evening but bedtime was enforced because Mom and Dad wanted a chance to play also. Older people like challenges too, were not dead yet.

Edited on 10/13/2013 at 2:56:58 PM PST

gofjim
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by gofjim on Dec 24, 13 11:19 AM
machamc wrote:What is this all about - got about 2 minutes of demo, screen went to window size, then shut down and said trial time over. No trial time to evaluate, no sale.

I'm not sure that is down to this game, I had a similar thing with another game I tried recently, windows compressing, saying 'time's up' before I'd even got a look. I retried, got there and got the trial in the end. Just a glitch at Big Fish I think.

Go to: