MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

Hanging Blue Light in Window

[Post New]by MargieB on Aug 31, 10 5:22 AM
Since there are several people in need of help regarding hanging the blue light, I figured it would be best to post this in its own forum so it doesn't get lost in the other topic.

I made a video solution for the Shop Window that shows you where the blue lantern is located and how to place it on the hook.

I posted it in the Big Fish Games Official Youtube Channel. Please copy and paste the link below into your address bar:

YouTube Video for Shop Window

If your game is not playing as shown in the video. You have 1 of 3 options.

1) start the game under a new profile.

2) re-download the game ( it's a large file so a small interruption in your internet access could cause the file to download incorrectly.

3) contact customer support so they can help you get through this issue.

Thanks,

MargieB

Edited on 08/31/2010 at 9:33:34 AM PST

sheepgirl
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

Re:Hanging Blue Light in Window

[Post New]by sheepgirl on Aug 31, 10 6:20 AM
I was in the wrong screen. Wait until you get to the toy shop window - THAT'S the screen for the blue light. I made the same mistake and tried to hang it in the window showing the entire town market place......and it bounces right back out again. Clever!!

picman050967
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,226 Posts

[Post New]by picman050967 on Aug 31, 10 10:33 AM
Most of these issues regarding progression blocking bugs (namely the blue latern issue) were in the beta releases(pre-release) versions. It also appears these beta versions were spread throughout many Warez, torrent and other illegitimate sites.

If you are experiencing any of the blue lantern issue, please also post where you got the game. So far customer service has 100% success of resolving these progression blocking issues by simply having the customer download the "official" released version on www.bigfishgames.com or legitimate licensed affiliates. You can identify official affiliates of Big Fish Games by clicking "Buy" and the shopping cart is a BFG URL and BFG branded checkout.

If you are having issues and you did get the game from BFG or a licensed affiliate, then definitely contact customer support.

Picman

Edited on 08/31/2010 at 10:34:34 AM PST

mcolbert59
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by mcolbert59 on Aug 31, 10 10:47 PM
Okay, I have tried everything that remotely looks like a hook on the right side of the street to hang the blue lamp.

I appreciate Margie B going to the trouble of making a video for illustration, which I have watched about 10 times now. I cannot get it to work. As a matter of fact, I don't even know which window the shop window is! I am assuming it is the one under the tattered awning.

Anyway, perhaps there is something I was supposed to do first? Somebody please break it down for me. Sorry to be so dense, but would appreciate the help.

Thanks!

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

[Post New]by Anniejo on Sep 1, 10 12:05 AM
Thanks MargieB for this, I was in the wrong screen, I missed the steps on the side of the screen, and went straight on instead of going left or right. Thank you

Hopes this helps a few other people

[Post New]by Chefslady on Sep 1, 10 12:34 AM
I have No Blue Lantern!!!!!!! If I have to go and restart this entire game again because of there glitch I am gonna be Mad!!! there was NO lattern hanging there at all!! This makes me sooo mad I spent almost and hour trying to figuire this out

bansama
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by bansama on Sep 1, 10 1:40 AM
vattan wrote:
Chefslady wrote:I have No Blue Lantern!!!!!!! If I have to go and restart this entire game again because of there glitch I am gonna be Mad!!! there was NO lattern hanging there at all!! This makes me sooo mad I spent almost and hour trying to figuire this out

same here, no blue lantern??????? help!!!!

Have both of you actually purchased this game from Big Fish?

[Post New]by Chefslady on Sep 1, 10 1:44 AM
picman050967 wrote:Most of these issues regarding progression blocking bugs (namely the blue latern issue) were in the beta releases(pre-release) versions. It also appears these beta versions were spread throughout many Warez, torrent and other illegitimate sites.

If you are experiencing any of the blue lantern issue, please also post where you got the game. So far customer service has 100% success of resolving these progression blocking issues by simply having the customer download the "official" released version on www.bigfishgames.com or legitimate licensed affiliates. You can identify official affiliates of Big Fish Games by clicking "Buy" and the shopping cart is a BFG URL and BFG branded checkout.

If you are having issues and you did get the game from BFG or a licensed affiliate, then definitely contact customer support.

Picman

Great Answer but I BOUGHT my game and if you go and look in the regular forrum for this game there are a TON of people having the same issue So as to the whole get the whole OFFICIAL version thats a crock as I have dled uninstalled and reloaded SAME problem I am not gonna go through this game 5 or 6 times just to get a stupid lantern how about gimmie a credit or my Money Back!!!!

[Post New]by komaro on Sep 1, 10 4:56 AM
Same problem here: No blue lantern.
Trying to review the game...the game is fantastic but a bug like this isn't a big plus in a release version.

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Sep 1, 10 5:07 PM
MargieB thanks so much for the help. i watched the you tube and still didn't get it until i went back to the screen and started shooting my cursor off to the sides....suddenly the light went on! (pun intended) and i got the dang it lantern to stay on the hook. this game is not easy-breezy by any means and i love it!
and u r genious as well as generous for helping out all of us in the sea......thanks again!

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Sep 1, 10 5:10 PM
lvfao wrote:MargieB thanks so much for the help. i watched the you tube and still didn't get it until i went back to the screen and started shooting my cursor off to the sides....suddenly the light went on! (pun intended) and i got the dang it lantern to stay on the hook. this game is not easy-breezy by any means and i love it!
and u r genious as well as generous for helping out all of us in the sea......thanks again!

You're welcome! So glad to hear the video helped you get through this section.

Enjoy the rest of the game!

MargieB

[Post New]by Chefslady on Sep 1, 10 6:34 PM
bansama wrote:
vattan wrote:
Chefslady wrote:I have No Blue Lantern!!!!!!! If I have to go and restart this entire game again because of there glitch I am gonna be Mad!!! there was NO lattern hanging there at all!! This makes me sooo mad I spent almost and hour trying to figuire this out

same here, no blue lantern??????? help!!!!

Have both of you actually purchased this game from Big Fish?

If you read my Post Below you will see YES I did purchase and go to the regular forum you will a ton of tothers did too with the same problem, Why is it becasue have no blue lantern People are INSINUAITING I did not purchase the game??? Would be kinda stupid to be on here asking for help if you dident buy it!!!!

So Untill they fix the issue I want a credit back and thats that.

bansama
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by bansama on Sep 1, 10 10:24 PM
Why is it becasue have no blue lantern People are INSINUAITING I did not purchase the game???

Because the majority of people having that problem are ones who pirated the game. If you didn't pirate the game, then contact support.

[Post New]by Chefslady on Sep 2, 10 4:36 PM
bansama wrote:
Why is it becasue have no blue lantern People are INSINUAITING I did not purchase the game???

Because the majority of people having that problem are ones who pirated the game. If you didn't pirate the game, then contact support.

Umm Hers another Little News Flash for you Before you start insinuating about wether I purchased or Not why dont you take a look at OTHERS having ALL KINDS of Issues with this game and go ask them if they paid for it..... JUST RUDE!!! OOH here Ill help ya get there......

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/60/114252.page

bansama
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by bansama on Sep 2, 10 8:45 PM
Chefslady wrote:
Umm Hers another Little News Flash for you Before you start insinuating about wether I purchased or Not why dont you take a look at OTHERS having ALL KINDS of Issues with this game and go ask them if they paid for it..... JUST RUDE!!! OOH here Ill help ya get there......

Before getting yourself so wound up, why don't you look at the post made by the CEO of BigFish? You know, the post (third in this topic) which states that the majority of those having the problem with the Blue Light are those who did not purchase the game.

Now, if you have an issue with that statement, take it up with him. Not those of us who simply asking if you purchased the game.

[Post New]by JustDontTryIt on Sep 5, 10 10:14 AM
Please excuse my lack of knowledge on this subject. It raises my curiousity.....if anyone who is posting in " This " forum, concerning this game, wouldn't they have bought it from BFG ? And if they all did buy from BFG, how can it be pirated ?
Am I understanding correctly, that those who did not buy the game, are having problems with the blue light, and those who did buy it, are not ? Those who are having problems, their game is a pirated version ? That's what I don't understand, if they downloaded from this site, rather they bought it or not, it would still be coming from BFG, so why are some pirated and others are not ?

I personally, had no problem with the game in itself. I did experience some technical issues, but not the game play itself.

bansama
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by bansama on Sep 6, 10 12:26 AM
JustDontTryIt wrote:Please excuse my lack of knowledge on this subject. It raises my curiousity.....if anyone who is posting in " This " forum, concerning this game, wouldn't they have bought it from BFG ? And if they all did buy from BFG, how can it be pirated ?

It's actually been documented by many game developers that people who pirate their games do indeed, join their forums and ask for help. There was a very well documented study by (the now defunct) Ritual Entertainment which showed that near 90% of support requests were from people who had pirated their game.

it is also very common now to purposefully insert "bugs" into games that (theoretically) should only ever affect pirated copies*. Of course, nothing is infallible, so in rare cases people who did actually purchase a game may be affected in the same manner as those who didn't. Which is why it's important to ascertain if those having the problems did actually purchase the game.

* Some examples would be as follows.
Mirror's Edge: The player becomes unable to run on a certain level.

Batman Arkham Asylum: It becomes impossible for Batman to avoid poison gas in a certain section.

Assassin's Creed: Trying to enter a certain city will crash the game.

[Post New]by LibbyQ on Oct 1, 10 6:08 AM
I've just bought this game. The trial version was flaky...couldn't get past the Pirate Ship without it crashing, but I liked the game so I risked paying the full price (no credits allowed *sniff*). It activated OK and the Pirate Ship problem went away, but...

I also have no blue lantern....

I've had no trouble with any BF game until this month (been a member for a year) when I had to have a credit refund because Dracula 3 was unplayable and now this. Not a happy bunny!

Followed the advice on the forum and logged in as a new player ( a bit of a faff but hey!) Found the lantern so 4 'O clock and all's well!

Edited on 10/01/2010 at 7:53:19 AM PST

[Post New]by branst on May 31, 11 4:25 AM
I'm having the blue light issues myself but also the text when people speak or help stuff comes up is not readable and half missing! Now concerning pirate versions mine is a legitimate one so any help would be appreciated.

[Post New]by thumchoontat on Sep 22, 11 12:28 AM
First you have to make the hidden folder and files visible.
To make the hidden folder visible rganize=>folder&search option=>wiew=>Show hidden files ,folder & drives.

Next, go to (C drive=>Users=>[your computer's name]=> open the folder Application data/App Data=> open the folder Roaming=>Open the folder :Big fish game=>Delete the folder named: Drawn: Dark Flight Collector's Edition=>reinstall the game.

Good luck, I hpoe it works........

Go to: