bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Amelie's Cafe: Summer Time

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 1, 10 12:19 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Amelie's Cafe: Summer Time? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Csgentry
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Amelie's Cafe: Summer Time

[Post New]by Csgentry on Sep 1, 10 5:43 AM
I was very happy to see this one here today. I don't have time to try it right now but I plan to later today.

krasniikot
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by krasniikot on Sep 1, 10 6:42 AM
I can't give a completely fair review as I'm playing this on my netbook which is always slow (my mother is visiting & has my main laptop). Usually, I change games into windowed mode to play on my netbook but I can't get the "unclick full screen" option to stick.

That being said, it may be a good thing that everything is slow since this is a hectic game & it begins with a bang. I like the power up system (chains bring various power up coins which you can pick & choose which ones to use) though it's difficult for me to properly click on them, they're in such constant movement. Yes, even on my netbook or maybe because of my netbook. That may be part of the natural game play, though.

I was afraid at first that you can't go back & replay levels but you can if you go back to the main menu & bring up Amelie's diary. That's always a deal breaker for me on TM games.

I didn't purchase the first Amelie's because the cursor was nonexistent (this happened to me with 2 Tasty, too) but have had no issues with this game. Of course I purchased this one as I'll buy nearly any TM game. Thanks, BFG! It was a nice surprise this morning.

Maybe I'll post another review after I've played longer & my mom stops Farmville-ing so I can try it on my proper computer.

Edited on 09/01/2010 at 6:43:32 AM PST

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Sep 1, 10 7:50 AM
This is a great game for all tm-lovers. It beginns very easy and slow, but gets hectic after a while. Your goal is to serve all customers with food, snacks etc. Great game, thanks

vonniefaye
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by vonniefaye on Sep 1, 10 10:58 AM
Oh, I don't know. I am looking for another game to cure my "Chocolatier, Deacadence by Design" addiction. And, I don't think this is it. Take the order, cook it, serve it, yadda, yadda, yadda. Lots of things going, cleaning up the cook's work area.........what's up with that? Like I don't have enough "fun" cleaning up my own cooking space at home? Then trying to remember to clear the bonus bar that builds up at the bottom of the screen. My tiny mind can't focus on too many things at once, and I find myself with scads of bonus thingees, which when you start clicking on them gives you points. Good idea, except the game time keeps running, everyone just stands around waiting for you to click all the bonus coins, and then, poof I have missed the "expert" time limit. Maybe, just maybe if it comes out for $2.99 I might bite. It is cute and I'll bet there are a lot of you swimming around the pond right now that will grab the hook and run with it, but I think I will just float around in the school and bide my time.

[Post New]by aliciarose111 on Sep 1, 10 11:08 AM
Exactly as Vonniefaye says. I was elated to see a new TM game (I have probablly 90% of the tm games here on BF)....until I D/L and tried it. I almost wasted a credit on it untested, thank goodness I didn't. I Kept hoping it would get better, but after 45 minutes I'd had enough. It all seemed like too much work and no satisfaction. A very boring TM game IMHO, one I won't be buying.

Meisie84
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by Meisie84 on Sep 1, 10 11:47 AM
"Oh, I don't know. I am looking for another game to cure my "Chocolatier, Deacadence by Design" addiction. " ....aaaaaahhhhhh I feel your pain

sigh...but meantime I too will at least demo this new game....

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Sep 1, 10 1:09 PM
Here's my review from a month ago (bought it elsewhere):

Fun theme and pretty easy gameplay. You play Amelie and have a staff you have to manage. They are fairly slow to create the food dishes and you have to keep their workstations clean. Customers arrive (sometimes singles, sometimes families) and you must serve them. All the while, you have tokens appearing at the bottom of the screen you can use for bonuses such as clean all the tables, make everyone happy, give me a cash bonus - these come in very handy. It's pretty hard NOT to get expert on every level and with the bonuses, it's that much easier. It's a fun game to pass the time but there really is not all that much challenge in the game. This would be good for a beginner to intermediate TM player.

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Sep 1, 10 1:42 PM
Just more of the same ole' stuff. The upgrades don't make the workers move fast enough. I got tired and bored because the workers won't move fast enough.

shoelesshs
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by shoelesshs on Sep 1, 10 1:49 PM
My Review after 1 hour demo:

Level: Medium to hard. Lots to do!

Playability: Poor. Very sluggish, very picky cursor. No problems downloading or starting game, though.

Likes: Love the theme, love all the activity, love the scrolling items that give you a power-up when you match 3 - another of my favorite types of games. Like that it's all clicking and no drag & drop.

Dislikes - Maybe a little TOO much to do for the lower levels. Hard to see tables in the back of the room and watch the scrolling power-ups at the bottom. Cursor was very sluggish and very picky about where to click. Sometimes, it let me click on the order bubble to deliver food, other times I had to click on the person. No rhyme or reason to it. Upgrades too few and far between.

Recommendations: Increase the speed of your workers as soon as you can. Watch for those power-ups, esp. the happiness and clean-up.

Will I buy it? I would love to buy this game, but I had to quit with 6 minutes left. Cursor was just too sluggish and I was losing levels because it wouldn't click where I wanted it to, and it would move so slowly. Very frustrating! I love this type of game and have been waiting for something like this to come out. However, I will have to pass on this one - it was giving me a headache.

Azeela
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Azeela on Sep 1, 10 2:16 PM
I really liked this game and for once it was actually quite challenging to get perfect rounds. There are lots of things to watch and for me, that's what I often miss in these games..

I didn't have any cursor problems or other technical issues.

rncurtin
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Amelie's Cafe: Summer Time

[Post New]by rncurtin on Sep 1, 10 2:44 PM
How exciting!! Have to go to the gym but will burn through my routine to get back home! Love TM's and loved the first episode of this one. I am really glad to see there are no technical issues to deal with. Thanks Big Fish

missgriz
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by missgriz on Sep 1, 10 3:35 PM
it is a buy for me very challenging keeps ya busy loved the first one enoying this 1 also thanks Big Fish

TKincaidIN
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by TKincaidIN on Sep 1, 10 5:09 PM
I am a TM fan. I own most of them BF offers. But I will not be buying this one. As others have shared, the cursor just does not move smooth. It was not fun because of this. I play for fun. I don't need to look for frustration, I have plenty of that in real ife.

So I will pass on this game.

Good luck fishes

mahbah55
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,025 Posts

[Post New]by mahbah55 on Sep 2, 10 12:33 PM
I just finished the demo and I am going to purchase the game. It is a fun TM!

brooklynblonde
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by brooklynblonde on Sep 2, 10 4:39 PM
Thought this was cute, but not buying it-did find the cursor a little sluggish as some others did. Demo most TM games, but usually end up finishing the demo and playing some old Diner Dash-same thing here .

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Sep 3, 10 9:42 AM
The game play was fun for a time. After the hour, it was *yawn* dull. There is a lot to do and the cooks don't automatically make food after you take what they made previously (that alone would speed things up). So there can be frustrating and hectic levels, since customers don't like to wait, and really who does? I did like that it was upgradeable for the servers and the resturant. I suffered no technical or error issues.

I would say a C. I passed, but opinions have varied. Try the demo before you buy.

Edited on 09/03/2010 at 9:43:48 AM PST

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Sep 3, 10 12:02 PM
I really liked this game first time round. There are lots of things to do & I like the little bonus scroll at the bottom that will help you get expert more easily. However when I tried to exit-trying to figure out how to go back & replay levels-then the game loaded super slow & cursor was sluggish as others have said. May try to re-install because at regular play I think this is a pretty good TM.

Liz_Lemon
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by Liz_Lemon on Sep 4, 10 3:42 AM
The opportunities to speed up your workers is far and few between. Or am I missing something.
My workers can't work fast enough for me to get the food out, I use the speed power up and then stand around waiting for the ridiculously slow cooks.
I only had the opportunity to increase their speed once and I'm on week two.
I could upgrade the tables, floors, counters and work spaces but it did nothing for the speed of the workers or for the satisfaction of the customers as far as I can see.
I like a game that lets me buy whatever upgrade I want with my earned coins, whenever I want to as long as I can afford them...

[Post New]by katsupatree123 on Sep 6, 10 3:58 AM
I like it.
I'm a TMer... and in light of the "endless" bonus...
I went in search of "more games"...

This was definately a buy.

ps: BF took in big $$ from me today..
ty! BF!!! kat

Go to: