bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Escape from Frankenstein's Castle

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 2, 10 12:05 AM
Injured in a car crash with her fiancé Horatio, Hannah wakes up alone and finds herself trapped in Dr. Frankenstein’s castle. Horatio’s missing. Help Hannah as she interacts with the castle’s suspicious inhabitants, discovers clues about the doctor’s master plan, and completes puzzles to find an Escape from Frankenstein’s Castle. Dive into this Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game and save Hannah and Horatio!

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

Re:Escape from Frankenstein's Castle

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Sep 2, 10 12:29 AM
One positive feature for all "click freaks" (and I am among them): You are *forced* to click everywhere, in order to trigger puzzles...

The game is most adventure and less HOG; you move in a labirinth of rooms (yes, there is a map showing where you are, without mention the specific rooms). Creepy plot, and creepy surroundings. Very good resolution. Not so helpful hint system...

Seems to me a game for more advanced players (although there is a walkthrough). Guess I'll wait for their opinions too (I feel quite lost in these rooms)...

Good game, 3.5 stars out of 5.

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Sep 2, 10 12:29 AM
I don't really care for "cartoon-ish" HOG's and there is too much loading time and a lag time for the cursor. It's slow in movement. The story line isn't holding my interest either. 15 minutes in, and I've deleted the game. It's a "no buy" for me.

[Post New]by knickknackblue on Sep 2, 10 12:39 AM
I find that I am really enjoying this game and that I agree 95% with Rebeca Lily, especially about the hint system. However, I think that even intermmediate players will find this doable without too much trouble. It is a buy for me.

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Sep 2, 10 12:54 AM
It's too cumbersome a game for me. To slow, too much dialogue and poor hint system. It's a definite no buy for me and deleted it after 30 minutes.

LilyCat
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by LilyCat on Sep 2, 10 12:58 AM
Well I've played it for about twenty minutes, and it's a probable buy for me. I like the adventure element, and the fact that you're not told exactly what to do all the time.

And it's an awful warning not to ride a motorbike without a helmet - you might just end up in Frankenstein's castle!!

addictedtofish
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by addictedtofish on Sep 2, 10 1:23 AM
I like the adventure games (this isn't a HOG) but the loading time was just too annoying - completed the free hour and just got through the fireplace when it went off. I actually think I could have completed the game within the hour if not for the loading time and slow cursor. I can't see anything special in the effects which would require so long to load so can only assume this is done to make it seem a much longer game. No buy here.

Catghost
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Catghost on Sep 2, 10 1:27 AM
LilyCat wrote:And it's an awful warning not to ride a motorbike without a helmet - you might just end up in Frankenstein's castle!!

LOL! That's exactly what I thought, the moment I saw the two of them on the ground in front of the castle.

rlk0045
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by rlk0045 on Sep 2, 10 1:28 AM
The loading time was just too annoying for me also.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Sep 2, 10 1:32 AM
Took a stroll through the walkthrough to see how many HOG scenes with item lists - NONE that I could see, only inventory which I guess one finds "hidden" from you by a clickorama. Nope, tendonitis-inducing here. I rather read a word, use my visual perception or brain to figure them out if just clues, or a word for an item. Some take brains like what kind of bow or bow or bow or compass or compass? Not just random pixel guessing. Don't see the fun in that. Have a ball you adventure lovers. Think I'd rather go pay all my bills online for "entertainment" and wait for another game tomorrow.

Because I'm a confessed wimp who doesn't want to be overly challenged, I pass.

(the graphics did look good though, that's a plus)

jerimeri
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by jerimeri on Sep 2, 10 1:47 AM
Loading, loading and more loading. Every time you make a move somewhere the game has to load. Lots of dialog, lots of loading, little game play. I deleted after a frustrating 15 minutes.

laurimd
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by laurimd on Sep 2, 10 2:02 AM
Way too much loading time-lost interest waiting and clicking and waiting. Good story, but much too slow going for me. Deleted after 30 minutes. Sorry PlayFirst- your games seem too simple, too slow or too dark for me--at least I don't seem to have bought any of them. Keep up the normally good work Big Fish!

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Sep 2, 10 2:17 AM
What a let down. With all of the time they put into this game having to load every time you move from room to room, they could have left the loading out and made a better game. I will wait and see what else comes along. We need a good HOG, not this carp.

Catghost
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

Escape from Frankenstein's Castle

[Post New]by Catghost on Sep 2, 10 2:30 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Injured in a car crash with her fiancé Horatio, Hannah wakes up alone and finds herself trapped in Dr. Frankenstein’s castle. Horatio’s missing. Help Hannah as she interacts with the castle’s suspicious inhabitants, discovers clues about the doctor’s master plan, and completes puzzles to find an Escape from Frankenstein’s Castle. Dive into this Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game and save Hannah and Horatio!

Ehm....They get injured in a motorbike-accident and this is most defenitely not a Hidden Object game. It's an adventuregame. Not that I'm complaining....

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Sep 2, 10 2:33 AM
I like it!
I like the adventure aspect. Games seem to be moving from straight HOGs to a mixture HOG /adventure and now straight adventure.
You are looking for objects but this one seems a bit different in that the cursor doesn't change when you need to collect something for your inventory. It changes for movement but that's all I've seen so far. Is a a buy for me.
Those who like to explore will like this I reckon.

Well, its very short! My initial enthusiasm has faded somewhat. Think it is OK but after the brilliance that was Drawn........

Edited on 09/02/2010 at 3:28:10 AM PST

fstar
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by fstar on Sep 2, 10 3:04 AM
I enjoyed playing the game. The constant loading time was a lil' annoying and the slow cursor but not annoying enough to make me want to quit the game. But...I just was completing level 5 when the demo ran out. There are only 10 levels so I guess for me it would be roughly a 2 hour game if I were able to keep playing at the pace I was going. I didn't use the walkthrough, I usually don't when I play these types of games. I guess I am a more advanced player in IHOG'S and Adventure games even though it might take me a little longer to play the games where you have to go back & forth between areas to collect items etc., I had an accident some yrs ago and have short term memory loss. I sometimes get lost and confused and have to back track alot because if to much time has passed I kind of forget what I'm supposed to do & where I'm supposed to do it. When I play a purchased game I have to keep playing it a few hours every night until it's done or I don't remember the game & have to start all over again. Good thing about my problem is I get to replay all my games, well over 100, because I don't remember most of them except for bits and pieces after a few months. I don't know if I'll be buying this game though because I think it'll be a tad bit to short for me. The graphics were very good, it is a game that'll make you think. It's more of a adventure game the ****.
PS. My accident was not from riding a bike without out a helmet and turning to look at my passenger and maybe steal a kiss.

[Post New]by sjsullivan on Sep 2, 10 4:57 AM
Definetly not a HOG game. I dislike false advertising. Not a fun game either. Hints are useless. Boring.

[Post New]by Tchiquitamom on Sep 2, 10 1:52 PM
I like the graphics, pretty. The loading between scenes is a complete turn-off. The adventure aspect seems okay, even though I was expecting a HOG. I'm gonna think about this one...

karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

[Post New]by karen876 on Sep 2, 10 4:37 PM
I played reading everything and not skipping any puzzles and was about to get to level 6 when the demo ended. Based on the fact that there are only 10 levels to this game then I would probably get another hours play from it. Do I want to? No. Too much hand holding. Find the Banquet Hall.... What a laugh. Every door is labelled so it didn't take much "finding". Stuck? Click on the tasks book and it will either show the items you are looking for or tell you exactly what to do. Way too easy and now I do believe that it would be possible to finish this game in less than an hour.... (out of five).

Edited on 09/02/2010 at 4:38:55 PM PST

[Post New]by Devsar on Sep 8, 10 2:19 PM
Played my free hour and really got into this gaem. Wish I'd looked at the blog walkthrough before buying it though, as within five minutes of playing it again after buying it I'd finished it

Go to: