bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Escape from Frankenstein's Castle technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 2, 10 12:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

Re:Post any Escape from Frankenstein's Castle technical issues here only

[Post New]by doctorgood on Sep 2, 10 2:44 AM
The first time I downloaded the trial to my game manager it went immediately to "Trial expired". I unloaded/reloaded it and that solved the problem. Works fine now but I did want to bring it to your attention in case someone else has the same problem.
thanks, Dr.good

[Post New]by TWINNURSES on Sep 2, 10 3:36 AM
GAME FREEZES, UNABLE TO DO ANYTHING AFTER CLICKING MEMORY BUTTON IN FIRST SCENE

[Post New]by eveoliveros on Sep 2, 10 6:20 AM
The draw won't open to get the last eye.

katinhat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by katinhat on Sep 2, 10 9:15 AM
My game freezers up after I hit the memory button too. I shut down my computer three times ,but it still does,t work. This game sucks.

Prissy2006
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Prissy2006 on Sep 2, 10 9:58 AM
I have a good one for you. I downloaded this game and the first thing that came up when going in to play was the game Eye of the Jacquard or something like that. Then when I finally got out of that, the boxes came up to enter your name on the game and low and behold all the boxes are blank and you don't know what the boxes say or anything. I think I'm going to uninstall & then install it again and see what comes up.

[Post New]by tiggerme on Sep 2, 10 10:46 AM
After buying the game,I got 1/2 way through the game and it would not let me Click on each tumbler so I could change the numbers. I tried reinstalling, I also tried starting a new game. The new game would not put the BONE FRAGMENT in my inventory, also preventing me from moving on in the game. I gave up and had bigfish replace the game. =(

[Post New]by FroggiePharts on Sep 2, 10 12:01 PM
Strange, when I went to open game, it loaded, but there were two screens, side by side...both with the game running. The monitor was split in half..with double screens..never saw that before. Uninstalled, and may try again later.

nmeyer
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by nmeyer on Sep 2, 10 6:31 PM
In the Stasis Chamber, ISABELLA’S TEDDY BEAR and FREDRICK’S POCKET WATCH from the drawer are missing. I've already purchased this game... now what???

nmeyer
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by nmeyer on Sep 2, 10 6:43 PM
I removed and then reinstalled... still missing... HELP~!!!!

[Post New]by apiedmont on Sep 3, 10 4:42 PM
I quit the game during the part where you move the books on the shelf around to form the correct pattern. When I returned to the game the books were no longer on the shelf, but they weren't in the room for me to collect again either. I had to begin the game again from the beginning. Really annoying.

[Post New]by milton77 on Sep 3, 10 6:46 PM
I'm having the same issues with a freeze frame after I click to see the first memory. It happened twice in a row - that alone is a bad sign. I noticed little glitches when the game was loading too - the screen was black for quite a while before the "loading" screen came on. What a shame! I really wanted to buy this game because I love this genre (not a big fan of hidden object) but with so many technical issues, I won't.

nmeyer
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by nmeyer on Sep 3, 10 6:58 PM
I started the game over hoping to fix the Stasis issue only to come across another one. In the 1st chapter... the end table drawer wont open for me to get the last eyeball... whats going on???

QUZEMOTO
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by QUZEMOTO on Sep 3, 10 10:21 PM
there was a knock on my door, so i started tof exit the game. but then instead of exiting, it started over. then i tried ctrl/alt/delete and the music got stuck and played over and over, and then i tried to end it thru task magr. when it came up, and it froze and even as i shut it down using the tower, you could hear the stuck music still playing over and over. as far as the game goes, why do i have to repair all the castle equipment when i am not an electrician or handiman? i won't be buying this game. i know it has to have a theme but repairing all the broken things in the castle so doc can make the monster is a little ridiculous.

celticwolf55
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by celticwolf55 on Sep 4, 10 11:44 AM
Horrible time getting game to even load. Uninstalled and reinstalled three times. Unistalled and reinstalled both Adobe Flashplayer and Adobe Shockwave Player. Still no luck. This game has waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many issues just getting started. Used up twelve minutes of free play time and it still wouldn't load at all. Thanks, but no thanks. At least it didn't cost anything to find out.

[Post New]by bb1009 on Sep 4, 10 8:15 PM
Level 2 cannot get to cut scene to get umbrella and 4th cell. What is wrong?

[Post New]by ambernbrandon on Sep 5, 10 4:52 PM
Finished the color-coded puzzle for the door in the basement, went through the door and game froze, closed it and repopened the game, and it froze again just by trying to load. Guess I will restart the computer..

[Post New]by PPC515 on Sep 5, 10 5:22 PM
I am unable to clean the glass in the stasis chamber. When I wiped the glass with the rag, only one small streak cleared, then nothing. Any suggestions?

Tarlyna
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Tarlyna on Sep 6, 10 1:32 AM
The Bone fragment tech issue. I have been reading everyone's posts and it seems if you find Isabellas skeleton before you find the secret room behind the fireplace, you end up being unable to get the game to make "finding a piece of bone" a task. I am not the only one with this issue. I have done everything that the walkthru and all other suggestions given. When clicking on the skeleton I get the whole dialog about "are you sure it is okay" with the reply "if it helps reunite you with your love it is fine" type of thing.... and still no bone frag appears in my inventory. Of course I can't get it to tell me that finding a bone frag is even a requirement or a task. I am very frustrated as the only fix so far is to start a whole new profile, and replay the entire game! Considering this part is in Level 6, and that is more than half way thru the whole game, I don't consider that a satisfactory solution! I don't want to replay the whole thing again! Any suggestions??

Thank you for your time!

Laurie

toltrider
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Lost one of the 6 books in the library

[Post New]by toltrider on Sep 7, 10 8:35 PM
I have only 5 of the 6 books we're supposed to pick up and arrange on the reference shelf. I went to the walk thru and saw where they are located in the game. However it looks like I picked up all 6 because there are no books left to pick up. I can't rearrange the books until I have the 6th and I can't get the letter. What should I do?

Go to: