Bone Fragement

johnski
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

Bone Fragement

[Post New]by johnski on Sep 2, 10 2:12 AM
I have gotten to the part where you have to get one of her bone fragements but for the life of me I cant get it. I click on her corpse and it just asks her if its ok for me to take one of her bones and she says yes but no bone goes into inventory and if I click on it again just get the same dialogue. Have gone thru everything the walkthrough says to do up to that point. Any body know what I am doing wrong? Please help.

johnski
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

Re:Bone Fragement

[Post New]by johnski on Sep 2, 10 3:17 AM
Nevermind. I figured it out.

honeybun3403
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by honeybun3403 on Sep 2, 10 4:13 AM
cud u give me a hint?

[Post New]by catblackman on Sep 2, 10 5:08 AM
I need a hint too, its doin my nut in, im doing everything and nothings working

magmitch
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by magmitch on Sep 2, 10 6:24 AM
It is from Isabella's skeleton in the kitchen storage area

honeybun3403
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by honeybun3403 on Sep 2, 10 6:37 AM
yes, we know, we can't get it to take anything. just dialog

[Post New]by taurus4 on Sep 2, 10 8:18 AM
same prob. dont know how to get it!?? help pleazzz
thxxx

[Post New]by catblackman on Sep 2, 10 8:39 AM
I cant get it either

[Post New]by ssmcnabb on Sep 2, 10 8:57 AM
Can not get the bone either

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Sep 2, 10 9:33 AM
Hey Fishies,

*SPOILER ALERT*

Have you had a chance to check the steps in the walkthrough (at the top of the Game Forum)? If not, here is what I found:

* Click on the Orange Solution (D) to trigger a new task: a bone fragment for the orange solution.
* Return to the Storage Room in the Kitchen and then click on the Mysterious Crack on the left side of the wall.

* Take the BONE FRAGMENT by clicking on the skeleton in the wall (E).

And here is a screenshot to help as well.

Good luck!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by catblackman on Sep 2, 10 9:49 AM
I tried it that way but had to restart the whole game again to actually succeed in doing it

dancote
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by dancote on Sep 2, 10 4:03 PM
catblackman wrote:I tried it that way but had to restart the whole game again to actually succeed in doing it

I'm having the same problem. No task gets generated when I click on the orange flask. All I get is a dialogue that tells me I need something like a bone fragment.

Am I going to have to start all over from the beginning? If so, this is a bug that needs to be addressed.

Regards,

Dan

Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on Sep 2, 10 5:08 PM
I'm in the same predicament. Rather than starting the game over from scratch, using another name, I'll ask for a refund.

Spending more time with CS than actually playing games. Thanks, Big Fish.

alfoil
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by alfoil on Sep 3, 10 2:52 AM
I had no problem getting the bone from the skeleton in the wall, just carefully click around the body, I found you have to be fairly precise to get the right spot. I do have a problem with the orange flange container, it refuses to light up so I am unable to connect the bone with it. Previous to this i had actually activated the dipper sequence now, nothing! How frustrating, does anyone have any suggestions or is this a case of a game glitch. Hope someone can help me. Thanks, hopefully, in advance.

Dancing_Cat
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by Dancing_Cat on Sep 3, 10 5:54 AM
Clicking on the orange flask hasn't generated a new task so I'm guessing that's why the bone isn't available In the screenshot you can see the task listed but it hasn't listed for me.

Edited on 09/03/2010 at 5:55:55 AM PST

Graelyn
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Graelyn on Sep 3, 10 7:41 AM
Having the same problem. This is my second time through using the same profile. Didn't have a problem the first time. This time, clicking on the orange flask tells me I need a bone, but doesn't add find a bone to my task list. Clicking on the bones gives me the dialog, but no bone. I even exited the game and came back in, but no luck.

Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on Sep 3, 10 10:21 AM
Just contacted someone in Seattle, and was offered a coupon for another game, but I'd really rather be able to complete this game.

I'm hoping it is a glitch in the game, and not a glitch in the gamer, lol.

Mossy224
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Mossy224 on Sep 3, 10 12:13 PM
Same problem. Have tried carefully clicking around as suggested. Still only get dialogue. Do I have to start the game over?

Graelyn
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Graelyn on Sep 3, 10 2:25 PM
When I tried playing a second time with the same profile, I couldn't get the bone. I never appeared in my task list. However, when I replayed using a new profile, I didn't have a problem. So evidently, you cannot replay using an existing profile.

Hope that helps.

[Post New]by fludderbye on Sep 5, 10 8:21 AM
johnski wrote:Nevermind. I figured it out.

Go to: