annetterider
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

time consuming

[Post New]by annetterider on Sep 2, 10 3:13 AM
Unfortunately this game is boring and time consuming. The loading between scenes is sooo long one could make a cup of coffee in between, and there are so many of them. The story line is OK. the graphics are OK but I have seen better, as for the music I never have the music turned on as it tends to annoy me after a while so I always turn it off. I am not going to buy this game.
Also you are not sure what you have to pick up as the cursor doesn't change. All up not a game for me

kkbodine
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

Re:time consuming

[Post New]by kkbodine on Sep 2, 10 6:36 AM
I agree. Also, I felt completely lost in this game. Your tasks are listed on the left but there is just something missing...I can't quite put my finger on it..that makes you feel like you just wander around aimlessly. I didn't even bother finishing the hour demo. BLAH. By the way, this game is NOT a hidden object game, more of an ill-described adventure.

brooklynblonde
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by brooklynblonde on Sep 2, 10 4:35 PM
I agree the cursor thing is annoying-if it changed somehow you wouldn't be randomly clicking on everything to see if you need it-I ended up picking up lots of stuff before I got to it in the story, so I had no idea what it was for-this is a no buy for me.

CTEnsley
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by CTEnsley on Sep 2, 10 8:48 PM
I agree. I am tired of waiting every few seconds, or so it seems, for a new scene to load. Very frustrating.

sb23456
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by sb23456 on Sep 6, 10 11:28 AM
I totally agree. Found myself kind of going "Huh???" during the first 20 minutes.

hansgirl1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by hansgirl1 on Sep 11, 10 2:31 PM
On the contrary, the loading scenes only took a few seconds for me each time. And the cursor did rotate when hovering over puzzles. And as for things you needed to collect (Isabellas's items and things for the puzzles) they were fairly obvious most times, although I did resort to some random clicking at times just to make sure I hadn't missed anything.

I enjoyed this game immensely and thought about purchasing it, but because I had gotten so far in the one hour demo (I was close to rescuing the boyfriend) I knew there wouldn't be much of the game left to play. As nie as it would be to see how it ended, it wouldn't be worth the money for just a few more minutes of gameplay, in my opinion anyway.

All in all, a fun game for me, certainly not the most challenging, but enjoyable nonetheless. I'm sorry for those who had loading screen issues, it kept you from enjoying a decent game.

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Sep 15, 10 1:46 PM
If loading is taking a long time you must have an old computer and/or not enough RAM. If you have at least 2Gb RAM this is a pretty fast game for the most part. It only took a second or less to load new scenes for me, which is quicker than some. Or if you have plenty RAM, how is it since you did a good cleanup of old files, defragged, cleaned out your registry?

Go to: