paula331
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

Catching words...............

[Post New]by paula331 on Sep 2, 10 11:54 AM
I've been trying to catch the flying words....with no success. I know I have to use the net but, I stll have no luck catching them. Is there something i'm doing wrong??? Any help will do, Thanks, Paula

Lenny83
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:Catching words...............

[Post New]by Lenny83 on Sep 2, 10 2:43 PM
Real solution - try to move your mouse really slow - thoughts are really afraid you...

If it not work for you - I can suggest you only one little trick:
If you have windows xp go to
start -> control pannel -> hardware -> mouse and then click on the pointer options tab
And try little decrease mouse sensitivity...
This is not casual, but really helpful.

Edited on 09/02/2010 at 2:49:28 PM PST

bajacalla
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by bajacalla on Sep 6, 10 11:17 AM
I am *really* having trouble with this - what exactly do we do here? I can move the mouse slowly enough to get to a word, but how do we *catch* it? yes, I'm using the net, but clicking on the word with it doesn't do anything, and if I move the net even a skosh, it sets the words to flying again. what am I supposed to do to catch the word?

ataloss
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by ataloss on Sep 7, 10 12:02 AM
These words are driving me nuts also. I go as slow as I can, but still have not caught one word. Do you have to catch them when they are purple? I have no patience on this part. Love this game, but am really going crazy right now.

aniem
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by aniem on Sep 20, 10 9:01 AM
What worked for me: First I don't know how I got to the point where the words ann, cat and sphere would stop and turn white. ..but when I got there I just moved the net v.e.r.y. slowly and managed to get ann and cat .When I could see the word through the net I clicked on it .Even doing this I had to release and catch sphere about three times..I think this may be because of the character's resistance to or fear of the very idea of the sphere.But anyway, it is a hard part for sure .Just accept that the word will stay in place if you don't move too quickly.
One other point, if you can move the net and stop it right you can get the words to stop closer to the net.

[Post New]by Premier1 on Sep 20, 10 2:57 PM
Okay I've tried and tried and tried some more.... I think my problem is I'm using a laptop... I'll have to hook up a regular mouse to get through this part I think.

Fishwhiz
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Fishwhiz on Sep 21, 10 9:11 PM
When you get to the word very slowly, put your cursor on the word and raise a little above the word until your cursor lights up and then click on it.

[Post New]by POMPEY on Jul 25, 11 1:24 AM
why is there no skip on this part of game,impossible to catch these words,so no way forward..

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Jul 30, 11 12:27 AM
I just finished this...I think there are 2 tricks: first wait til a word slows down; because they alternate going really really fast with going really really slow. Then (I think) the word has to be in white, rather than purple, in order to capture it by clicking. When a word slowed down, I clicked like crazy, and usually could get a click in when it turned white.

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Sep 20, 11 1:25 PM

I have to say that this scenario was the hardest part of the whole game for me as I am not the most patient person.

You do have to wait until the words become white in color but moving slowly towards them for me was hard because I'd be thinking that it would fly away before I'd get there to catch any of them.

Later I looked at the walkthrough and it actually shows where to catch the words and for which words; maybe that'll help someone to know where to position the net?

MEnr56

Edited on 09/20/2011 at 1:26:37 PM PST

[Post New]by dagatas on May 16, 12 10:23 AM
This part was poorly done. Should not be that difficult to catch the words and should definitely have a skip option. With that said I found holding down the net and not releasing it until you are in the correct place. Once you do catch a word the letters get a tiny bit bigger. I found for the Ann and Cat words the net actually had to be slightly above the words. This wasn't true for all words. Good luck.

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Jan 28, 13 4:46 PM
I didn't have any trouble with this part. Move your cursor slowly, and approach from above the word. As soon as your cursor lights up you can click. It seemed there was a bigger clickable area if you came down from above.

Go to: