tubergal
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

Re:Treasure Seekers: Visions of Gold-What do you think about the game?

[Post New]by tubergal on Nov 11, 08 4:24 AM
Fun game, very easy. The only issue I have with the game is that at the end, you can not exit it.

[Post New]by renatemunro on Nov 11, 08 5:46 AM
I also really enjoyed this game and have played quite a few HO games. Although - I am stuck near the end looking for planks to cross. I am able to pick up nails and the hammer but don't have all the planks yet so nothing works. Hint please?

midnight1864
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by midnight1864 on Nov 11, 08 6:03 AM
I also really enjoy this game. it has several different mini games that are not all the same.(as some in other games are) You can go at your own pce, but has built in hints. The game is not hard, I have played for several hours & have a way to go, so I wouldnt say its a short game. Beautiful scenes. Good story line. I would say it is worth buying.I hope this helped! Happy Gaming to all!! Remember all that have fallen today, for the sake of our freedom. Bless them & all their families.

mysteryne1
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by mysteryne1 on Nov 11, 08 6:19 AM
The game requires a lot of patience! Finding the little activator spots for the HO "wheel" is tough! I enjoy that because the game has a longer playability factor. The hint button takes a lloonngg time to reload! I'm stuck on the turtle puzzle putting the icons in. Very challenging!!
I'd rate it 4 out of 5 stars!

Gramma15
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Gramma15 on Nov 11, 08 6:35 AM
Hi -- I'm also enjoying this game, easy though it may be in some parts, I find that some of the puzzles have taxed my patience to the max so I have skipped them. However, I am now stumped in the Lab where I'm supposed to find 10 bottles. I've found 9 of them and the hint tells me to go to a box where I've already found one bottle and the hand doesn't appear anymore. Is this a glitch, or is there another bottle that's hiding in there. Thanks for any help. Gramma15

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 11, 08 6:42 AM
Gramma15 wrote:Hi -- I'm also enjoying this game, easy though it may be in some parts, I find that some of the puzzles have taxed my patience to the max so I have skipped them. However, I am now stumped in the Lab where I'm supposed to find 10 bottles. I've found 9 of them and the hint tells me to go to a box where I've already found one bottle and the hand doesn't appear anymore. Is this a glitch, or is there another bottle that's hiding in there. Thanks for any help. Gramma15

Hi Gramma15- welcome to the forums!

There were 2 bottles in one of the closeups- I think in the middle of the screen.

Hope this helps

Gramma15
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Gramma15 on Nov 11, 08 7:15 AM
Hi prpidva -- Thanks for the help, but it didn't help. I went back into the lab and into that cabinet/box whatever, and went over it with a fine tooth comb. I scanned it up and down, right and left and nowhere did the curser turn into the pointing hand so I could take the bottle. The hint tells me the bottle is on the edge of the box/table in the center, but an eye doesn't show in the curser either. What is going on? I can't finish the game if I can't finish this room. When I scan, I do so very slowly so I don't miss a change in the cursor, so that's not my problem. Is there a glitch? Thanks again for your help. Gramma15

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 11, 08 7:17 AM
Gramma15 wrote:Hi prpidva -- Thanks for the help, but it didn't help. I went back into the lab and into that cabinet/box whatever, and went over it with a fine tooth comb. I scanned it up and down, right and left and nowhere did the curser turn into the pointing hand so I could take the bottle. The hint tells me the bottle is on the edge of the box/table in the center, but an eye doesn't show in the curser either. What is going on? I can't finish the game if I can't finish this room. When I scan, I do so very slowly so I don't miss a change in the cursor, so that's not my problem. Is there a glitch? Thanks again for your help. Gramma15

Hmm- try adjusting your brightness and contrast. I think it was laying on its side and was dark and tiny.

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Nov 11, 08 7:31 AM
I love the game. Love the ability to click away and find the objects without penalty. There is a hint button that recharges and even a skip on some of the puzzles. I have used hints on the tiny things like nails, but not the skip button. It is really a lot of fun! I have gotten up to the River Island.

Gramma15
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Gramma15 on Nov 11, 08 7:51 AM
Hi gain, prpidva -- Have just gone back into the game and changed the brightness and contrast and didn't see a thing, nor did the curser change into a pointing hand. This happened with all the other bottles, why doesn't it do it here? There seems to be a box inside the cabinet. Is that supposed to open? If so, then why don't I get an eye in my curser? I'm getting frustrated. Thanks. Gramma15

okiejustme2006
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by okiejustme2006 on Nov 11, 08 8:15 AM
Has anyone had trouble in the mine? The hint button doesn't work and there aren't any hot spots except the lantern and I can't find the matches. It has been running slow, so I am wondering if there is a glitch in my download. Any ideas?

ruby_leo
Clownfish
Clownfish
764 Posts

[Post New]by ruby_leo on Nov 11, 08 3:50 PM
Just finished the game. I thought the graphics of several of the items were hard to find but other than that and uninstalling and reinstalling to finish the end of the game, it was a good **** game. I liked some the mini puzzles also!

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 11, 08 4:11 PM
Gramma15 wrote:Hi gain, prpidva -- Have just gone back into the game and changed the brightness and contrast and didn't see a thing, nor did the curser change into a pointing hand. This happened with all the other bottles, why doesn't it do it here? There seems to be a box inside the cabinet. Is that supposed to open? If so, then why don't I get an eye in my curser? I'm getting frustrated. Thanks. Gramma15

I went back a played the game again- here are where the bottles are located:

Upper right shelf
Just below that on the middle shelf
on the same middle shelf in a box
middle screen on the shelf
on box next to the door
in front of the stove
lower left on the boxes
center on writing desk
2 in the cubby under the center wheel

Hope this helps

Celeryhart
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by Celeryhart on Nov 11, 08 4:25 PM
I quite liked the game myself....!! Yes, the hint button took too long to recharge...and some of the things were impossible to find without the hints...The graphics were great...I especially like the raft scene... how cute.. ! The mini puzzles were a bit challenging ( some of them ) but I managed to solve them although I'm not sure how..! I had the same problem as everybody at the end... you have to control, alt , delete to quit the game ...Huh... how come guys...??

No penalty for clicking was great...and no timer... !!

I give it a thumbs up and will certainly play it again.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 11, 08 4:28 PM
Celeryhart wrote:I quite liked the game myself....!! Yes, the hint button took too long to recharge...and some of the things were impossible to find without the hints...The graphics were great...I especially like the raft scene... how cute.. ! The mini puzzles were a bit challenging ( some of them ) but I managed to solve them although I'm not sure how..! I had the same problem as everybody at the end... you have to control, alt , delete to quit the game ...Huh... how come guys...??

No penalty for clicking was great...and no timer... !!

I give it a thumbs up and will certainly play it again.

Glad you liked it- me too! They released a new build today that corrects the issues at the end of the game.

Celeryhart
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by Celeryhart on Nov 11, 08 5:40 PM
Oh prpldva... did they really...? Should I just delete this game and download a new one then.... ??
I"m glad they fixed that...LOL

Thanks for the heads up..

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Nov 12, 08 2:22 AM
Loved the game! Have just downloaded the new build, the end of the game continually looped and I couldn`t get out of it.

The puzzles were easy, but the game is longer than some others I have played and challenging in parts. The fishing part was great.

Loved the graphics, all in all excellent.

lorgran
Clownfish
Clownfish
539 Posts

[Post New]by lorgran on Nov 12, 08 2:26 AM
loved the game... wish it was a bit longer tho...

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Nov 12, 08 6:29 AM
Thanks everyone for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated :-)
I did play the trial version, and really enjoyed the game, so I am going to purchase it!!
It looks like many of you also enjoyed playing this game, the positive feedback was very helpful and it sounds like it is not as short as some of the games that I have purchased, so that is a huge plus also.
Thanks also for the heads up, on the new game build for fixing the glitch at the end, BF is usually very good at addressing these issues....WTG BF!!
Well I am off to another day of feeding my addiction...lol.....happy gaming everyone :-)

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Nov 12, 08 8:43 AM
I thought the demo was OK. I still have several games to play so I put this one on my "maybe" list for down the road.

Go to: