bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Post any Robin's Quest: A Legend Born technical issues here.

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Sep 2, 10 2:14 PM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Re:Post any Robin's Quest: A Legend Born technical issues here.

[Post New]by 2ladydeb on Sep 9, 10 11:21 AM
I cannot get it to go past the ship dock. It wont grab wanted poster on ship. The hint says ask guaiter player he wants pardon but theres no pardon to get. Pleasssssse help

[Post New]by Kathy28626 on Sep 9, 10 12:53 PM
I quit last night now it won't let me play won't got off the propfile page

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Sep 9, 10 11:30 PM
2ladydeb wrote:I cannot get it to go past the ship dock. It wont grab wanted poster on ship. The hint says ask guaiter player he wants pardon but theres no pardon to get. Pleasssssse help

Please see the existing forum topic called "alan a dale." It should help you out.

Good luck!
Robin

[Post New]by MittensT on Sep 13, 10 11:21 PM
I cant clear the market and town center dont know what is left to find i have 2 gold bracelets but dont know what is to be done with them HELP

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Sep 16, 10 11:50 PM
MittensT wrote:I cant clear the market and town center dont know what is left to find i have 2 gold bracelets but dont know what is to be done with them HELP

The Market and the Town Center will never get Area Clear because there are optional activities that you can continue there.

To figure out what to do with the Gold Discs, probably the best thing is to check the Blog Walkthrough here at Big Fish Games. It has step by step instructions for each Chapter, including marked screenshots, so it should help.

To get to the Blog Walkthrough, click on the Try this Game link at the top of this page, then click on the link at the Blog Walkthrough.

If I had to guess, I'd guess you'd missed one of the two entrances to the Castle. Start by the Fountain in the Courtyard. There is one door on the left that goes into the Jail, and one door in the back that goes into the Castle Entrance Hall. You'll need to do both before you can complete the game. But the Blog Walkthrough should help you figure out what to do next.

Good luck!
Robin

[Post New]by momwhoplays on Sep 25, 10 3:10 AM
I have completed the pie quest at the Bakers and placed the pie on the shelf - the guards smelled the pie and left the gate but the door did not open and whenever I try to get past the door it says I need to distract the guards.

The Goal "get past the guards" is missing, the guards are not at the gate.

I am completely stuck. I have checked the walkthrough and I have not missed anything.

Here is a screenshot of my PC: [removed by moderator]

I have exited and restarted the game.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game.

The problem is still there.

How do I continue this game? My trial is almost expired and I was really enjoying this game but won't purchase it if there is no way to get it unstuck.

I was playing a version downloaded from another game site earlier but unistalled that version before starting yours (because I am a member here)

Edited on 09/25/2010 at 10:12:35 AM PST

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Sep 25, 10 9:34 AM
That defnitely sounds like a glitch. I'm so sorry you've run into that! I'm sure it's frustrating.

At this point, the best thing is to contact Customer Service by clicking on the green envelope on the right. They should be able to help one way or another.

Good luck!
Robin

[Post New]by Redspark on Sep 26, 10 4:46 PM
I'm trying to do the puzzle that opens the safe above the sawmill. When I click on the safe, all of the bars that sit on top of the square pieces disappear. So I can't complete the puzzle. This seems more like a glitch than a puzzle. I'm on OSX. Thanks.

J

[Post New]by RainbowExplorer on Sep 30, 10 11:43 PM
I purchased "Robin's Quest" today, after being able to trial use it without difficulty. So far, it's been going FINE, UNTIL after I left the home of the Marley's and swindled the Mill Owner's Assistant (who was driving the cart down Sawmill Road). Once I started walking down Sawmill Road, it took me directly to the Sawmill House, without SHOWING OR STOPPING at the Logging Shed.

Thus, I missed TWO CRITICAL HOGs, plus some other critical tasks. I ran into ENDLESS frustration, at the Sawmill House, since I didn't have the proper supplies to repair the sawmill table. For ONE BRIEF PERIOD, my computer DID let me go BACK down the Sawmill Road, to where I could encounter the Logging Shed. I completed the two HOGs and got the flyers/pieces of paper needed, but I didn't KNOW that I was SUPPOSED TO SHARPEN the blades, so I left THAT task undone, when I took all of the supplies BACK to the Sawmill House/Sawmill Tower.

Now, I STILL can't get the sawmill table repaired correctly, because the blades are dull, but NOW, though I've tried MULTIPLE TIMES, I cannot return to the Logging Shed. If I leave the Sawmill House and go down the Sawmill Road, it will take me directly back to the Marley House, without SHOWING or STOPPING at the Logging Shed. Any suggestions about what to do with THAT?!?!?!?

Thanks for any options you can think of!

Gratefully,

Janiece

Edited: This was NOT a technical problem, after all. It was a BRAIN GLITCH, on my behalf. I got the sequence of locations and events out of order, so made a lot of extra work and frustration for myself. Ooops! Thanks anyway!

Edited on 10/07/2010 at 1:04:35 AM PST

[Post New]by magicpeach10 on Feb 24, 12 11:33 PM
The sound will not turn off. If I turn all of the sound dials until they show as off, I still hear the noise! I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I play all of the games while listening to other things, so this is very inconvenient. Help?

[Post New]by katzeyevid on Mar 9, 13 1:57 PM
I am in the Captain's Quarters, put the arms on the statue and the map pieces on the globe, but when I try to move the arms on the statue they are no longer there and they are not in my inventory either. The globe won't do anything either after I put countries on the map.

[Post New]by katzeyevid on Mar 9, 13 2:02 PM
I am in the Captain's Quarters, put the arms on the statue and the map pieces on the globe, but when I try to move the arms on the statue they are no longer there and they are not in my inventory either. The globe won't do anything either after I put countries on the map.

[Post New]by Laffingrrl on Apr 26, 13 11:22 AM
Oi! I've downloaded the game, then the shockwave 2x now, and it won't load. says it's missing the plugin. Even restarted the iMac. could someone let me know what I need to do?

Thanks!

[Post New]by sunnybabi1986 on May 1, 13 8:01 AM
I'm having the same ShockWave problem here. The game has been running fine for a month, but I updated Shockwave player last week and now the game won't open. It keeps telling me that it needs shockwave player 11 to play and I have version 12. I NEED version 12 to play other games, do I really have to go back to Shockwave version 11 just to play this game? Really really frustrated!! And I can't use chat because today is a holiday? Since when is May Day a holiday? Uggggh.

[Post New]by Jen1217 on May 26, 13 7:18 AM
I am also having the Shockwave problem. I really want to play but I don't want to go back to Shockwave 11. What should I do?

MJS2
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by MJS2 on Jul 19, 13 1:02 PM
I also can't play because the prompt it provides leads to installation of Shockwave 12. What can I do?

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jul 19, 13 1:24 PM
Hello All,

I'm sorry to hear that this is happening in your games.

From what we've heard, that Shockwave error may be an indication that there is a compatibility issue going on. Please contact our dedicated Mac Support Team so one of our Reps can look into this.

To reach them, just click on the on the right-hand side of your screen and then 'Contact Us' on the bottom left.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

[Post New]by Tarilmac on Jan 12, 14 12:44 PM
I am trying to build Marley's house. I have a total of 8 planks on the house and when I put them in the correct order, I have two spaces open. I have 5 planks to use. When I try to add them, they freeze on the screen and lock it. I have to shut the game down.

Game freezes adding countries to the globe

[Post New]by Jtlangford on Jan 27, 14 5:34 AM
I put some of the countries on the globe but then realized I did not have them all. I found the final pieces, but when I try to add them to the globe, the game freezes. What can I do?

Go to: