peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

Bonus 9 & 10 Driving Me Crazy!! Help????

[Post New]by peutetre on Nov 11, 08 5:52 AM
I can get close to finishing both but no where near yellow flag. Anybody know how they did it????

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

Re:Bonus 9 & 10 Driving Me Crazy!! Help????

[Post New]by peutetre on Nov 11, 08 2:42 PM
Okay, I've gotten thru 9 in 7:29 but can't for the life of me get the yellow flag . . .

Still no luck with 10

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by peutetre on Nov 11, 08 7:46 PM
cardano,

Megathanks! After a few tries, I managed to get the yellow flag on Bonus 10!

Now I only have red flags on Bonus 3 and 9 but after getting through 10 with your suggestions, my frustration level is low enough to go back in after 3 and 9 now

Edited on 11/11/2008 at 7:49:12 PM PST

Lisrose
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Lisrose on Nov 12, 08 5:53 PM
I started with 2 scouts and a worker and built the gem mine first because i was accomplishing the other deadlines but not the gems by the yellow flag
After the mine I had enough gold for a leader, then built the farm and bought a cultivator, then the market and another leader so I had enough gold flow to continuously populate and build. i swapped out the academy for a guild so i could crank out the leaders faster at the end.

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by peutetre on Nov 12, 08 6:49 PM
Finally got yellow on both 9 & 10--relief!!! Not sure I could do it again but, hey, the flags are yellow!!

[Post New]by dragonfly9292 on Nov 13, 08 3:34 PM
Glad you got throu. Wait till 17, 19. I can't for the life of me figure out 19. I always run out of time. Help anyone? Thanks

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by peutetre on Nov 13, 08 6:57 PM
Dragonfly,

I've finished all of the levels--still having trouble with 17 & 19?? If so let me know what the goals are (it seems like there might be two different versions floating around out there . . .)

19 can anyone help

[Post New]by dragonfly9292 on Nov 14, 08 11:26 AM
Thanks for answering so quick. I run out of time right when I hire the cultivators. I have the 30 gems per and the 3 star mine. When I start hiring the cultivators -no time Maybe I'm just too slow. Have been trying for days. Thanks for your help

Edited on 11/14/2008 at 7:27:38 PM PST

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by peutetre on Nov 14, 08 8:10 PM
One strategy that works is to build the farm by the pond, then a lumber mill by the turret thing, staffing the farm with the merchant and the defender. Lumber is really important here to get enough for the upgrades so you want to make sure you staff it and upgrade it a couple of times.

You don't need gems along the way, so ignore the mine at first. You eventually want to destroy the lumber mill by the pond to build a mine there but it upgrades really fast so leave it until you've gotten through at least two farm upgrades.

Put as many scholars as you can on the farm (just so you can keep workers on lumber). I've had 3 at a time on the farm to get past the really long upgrade . . .

Switch them over to the mine then, filling it with scouts at the last minute to meet your goal.

Hope this helps at least a little--so hard to give a decent guide to this because there are so many variations and possibilities!!

[Post New]by Biddy56 on Nov 19, 08 2:30 AM
At last managed to get yellow flags on ALL levels!!!
Thanks for all the help and tips!

Sunny35
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Sunny35 on Nov 19, 08 4:33 PM
I'm stuck on Bonus 10. I can get all the requirements but the wood, I'm just shy a bit and I don't know where else to add anybody else in to get it. I have all Woodsmen and one of the peace makers on the lumberyard and Leaders everywhere else to get the gold. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by LadySeether on Nov 22, 08 10:46 AM
Wood is the one thing I can get. If you have the lumber silo, the lumberyard at 3 stars and staffed full with lumberjacks and one defender you should have it.

I am always just shy on gems and gold.

kbg27
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by kbg27 on Nov 23, 08 4:56 PM
Yaelle wrote:But with scouts on the mine, you can't get nearly enough gems. Wouldnt you have to staff the mine with all explorers?
Seems like something else is missing too.

You just move the scouts from spot to spot and get rid of them when they are all done gathering gold and wood. By that time, you won't need them. Just put explorers on the mine as you can afford it.

shazoz
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by shazoz on Nov 23, 08 9:45 PM
AAgghh!!! I just can't get it...but will keep trying.....if anyone comes up with something I am missing, HELP!!! it's very frustrating.....cheers all Shaz

kbg27 wrote:
Yaelle wrote:But with scouts on the mine, you can't get nearly enough gems. Wouldnt you have to staff the mine with all explorers?
Seems like something else is missing too.

You just move the scouts from spot to spot and get rid of them when they are all done gathering gold and wood. By that time, you won't need them. Just put explorers on the mine as you can afford it.

erwin042
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

Re:Bonus 10 is driving ME crazy!

[Post New]by erwin042 on Nov 24, 08 9:37 AM
Used the tips you all gave us.
But I can't make it. Built the farm, the mine, the market and the mill and rebuilt the guild

On my last try I had 1500 gems cos Ido need those pond and statue. Thought I could never reach that goal.
I built a guild aspeutetre wrote.
Now I can't reach that wood goal. I got all buildings upgraded with 3 stars.

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by peutetre on Nov 24, 08 10:18 AM
Wood should be reached if all slots are filled with woodmen but one defender. Make sure you don't have a worker or scholar left in the slot. Also, did you buy the silo? Need that as well.

[Post New]by LadySeether on Nov 24, 08 1:58 PM
Bonus 10 is the only thing I do not have yellow. Now I am replaying trying to do each board as quickly as possible.

Does anyone know if Blue tea needs beta testers for future colonies? This thing really needed a sandbox or timerless level.

[Post New]by kdlyons on Nov 24, 08 11:21 PM
This is so confusing because the thread starts with 9 & 10. None of the responses say which one they are for but most are for 10. What about 9. Any tips?

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by peutetre on Nov 25, 08 10:16 AM
Bonus 9 tips:

Start with two scouts and a scholar on the mine (along with the defender you started with). You'll soon be able to buy the farm.

Staff the farm with workers and a defender, leaving one spot for a scholar. Buy a couple of scholars, one for the farm, one for the academy.

Upgrade the mine to 2 stars and the farm to one star, moving the scholar from the mine to the academy, adding a defender there as well.

As soon as you can, buy the mill, staffing it with at least 2 workers and a defender. Have the farm ready to upgrade to two stars, but don't use the wood just yet. Switch the scholar to wherever you need him most, either the mill or the guild.

Once you can buy the market, sell off the scouts and concentrate on just getting scholars on all of the buildings--as many scholars as you can. After the first mill upgrade, focus on upgrading the academy, then the mill and market, then guild, then mine.

As buildings upgrade fully, move scholars to the mine and sell off workers and scholars from the mill and market to leave room for your new staff. You can throw a scholar on the farm if you'd like since you'll have enough wood to get it to three stars but it's not really necessary.

Get at least one woodsman going but watch your coins because the market will get to 4 star quickly and you'll need more money than wood. Buying leaders is more important because it will give you the funds to mass produce the other upgraded workers you need.

When you have at least 2 leaders, you can buy the other woodsmen and the last leader. The mine should have fully upgraded by now so you can queue up the explorers.

Sunny35
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Sunny35 on Nov 25, 08 8:02 PM
Thank you, Thank you I finally got a yellow flag on this level, your advice was great.

peutetre wrote:Bonus 9 tips:

Start with two scouts and a scholar on the mine (along with the defender you started with). You'll soon be able to buy the farm.

Staff the farm with workers and a defender, leaving one spot for a scholar. Buy a couple of scholars, one for the farm, one for the academy.

Upgrade the mine to 2 stars and the farm to one star, moving the scholar from the mine to the academy, adding a defender there as well.

As soon as you can, buy the mill, staffing it with at least 2 workers and a defender. Have the farm ready to upgrade to two stars, but don't use the wood just yet. Switch the scholar to wherever you need him most, either the mill or the guild.

Once you can buy the market, sell off the scouts and concentrate on just getting scholars on all of the buildings--as many scholars as you can. After the first mill upgrade, focus on upgrading the academy, then the mill and market, then guild, then mine.

As buildings upgrade fully, move scholars to the mine and sell off workers and scholars from the mill and market to leave room for your new staff. You can throw a scholar on the farm if you'd like since you'll have enough wood to get it to three stars but it's not really necessary.

Get at least one woodsman going but watch your coins because the market will get to 4 star quickly and you'll need more money than wood. Buying leaders is more important because it will give you the funds to mass produce the other upgraded workers you need.

When you have at least 2 leaders, you can buy the other woodsmen and the last leader. The mine should have fully upgraded by now so you can queue up the explorers.

Go to: