bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

UPDATE! New version available for Bigfoot: Chasing Shadows! September 2, 2010.

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Sep 2, 10 4:38 PM
We have a new version of Bigfoot: Chasing Shadows available now. This new version of the game should fix the following issues:

1. The animal find and hint system has been removed.

2. Fixed a few speed and compatibility issues players were having.

We apologize greatly for the trouble and thank you for your patience while this build was being worked on. If the update has not already populated your Game Manager, there is a way to manually check for waiting updates:

To manually check for updates:

Click on Game Manager Options
Then open the Games & Downloads tab.

Under the Game Updates section, select Manually
Then click Check for Updates

Your game manager will then show you any available updates that haven't already been downloaded.

For more information click on the following link to view our help article:

Game Updates in the Game Manager

You can also get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here is a link to our help article for PC and Mac.

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket.

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Bigfoot: Chasing Shadows! September 2, 2010.

[Post New]by caravanserai on Sep 3, 10 10:24 AM
But have they fixed the glitch where the game freezes after the telephone call which happened to so many of us.
My problem is that the glitches used up so much demo time I've run out of demo time and can't check this.
I believe this running out of time happened to quite a few of us. Is it possible to download this new version and perhaps have a new 1 hour demo so we can be confident before buying the game?

Edited on 09/03/2010 at 10:26:11 AM PST

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Bigfoot: Chasing Shadows! September 2, 2010.

[Post New]by skinflint69 on Sep 3, 10 2:55 PM
The part where the telephone freezes isn't in the game anymore, so I'm betting it's fixed. Getting more demo time sounds cool though...

Tellah
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Tellah on Sep 4, 10 12:56 AM
"The animal find and hint system has been removed."

Just what exactly was removed- rescuing the animals altogether, or just feeding and caring for them to get a fast hint charge?
I actually sort of liked having the fast recharge, to be honest...

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Sep 4, 10 4:10 AM
Tellah wrote:"The animal find and hint system has been removed."

Just what exactly was removed- rescuing the animals altogether, or just feeding and caring for them to get a fast hint charge?
I actually sort of liked having the fast recharge, to be honest...

Seconded. Could that be explained a bit more, please.

angelfishsb
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishsb on Sep 4, 10 9:35 AM
I followed the instructions for the new update for Bigfoot, but the only update I have is for another game which has already been played. Why do I not see an update for Bigfoot.

[Post New]by caravanserai on Sep 4, 10 11:32 AM
I've just reinstalled and had to purchase the game as my demo time had run out. The new version seems to have done the trick of ironing out the glitches I had found. Let's hope that's it.

[Post New]by sherile47 on Sep 12, 10 11:43 AM
I cannot even get this game to load in full screen, much less get to a point to play. I purchased it before I played the demo and am now stuck with it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, checked for updates; all to no avail. Oh well, write this one off.

Go to: