peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

Level 7 tips and strategy Pt. 1

[Post New]by peutetre on Nov 11, 08 7:27 AM
Level 7 (Seaweed Plains) is probably the toughest level of this game. I quit playing the game for a couple of months because this level frustrated me so much!!!

Once I got back to it, though, I finished the level and have since played it several times using a variety of strategies. Here's some general guidelines to take or leave and, perhaps, adapt to your own preferences.

You start with two bases but I never try to keep both of them going. There are just too many attackers to manage that. Instead, I upgrade the coral fort immediately on the left side camp, then (while the fort is upgrading), I switch to the right camp and move workers over to the left camp. I'm not a fan of mages, although they can come in handy in a pinch, so I'll move one mage, the gnomes and the upgraded merboys. I don't move all of them because leaving some behind tends to draw some of the enemies there and gives you some breathing room back at the left fort.

As a general overview of the level, there are really only 2 big enemy camps and one small one, but the big camps are big ones! The first biggie is in the northeast quadrant just to the west of the mounds, the second is just northwest of the right side camp in the cove created by the mounds. The little camp is in the far northeast corner of the map. There are numerous watchtowers around, as well, plus little pockets of enemies to surprise you (such as one in the dead end along the far east wall).

Back to general strategy, once your troops are grouped in the left camp, get the gnomes harvesting and move your tridents and mage to the western side of the boulder. This is likely where a big attack will come from (since the right camp will be a decoy for a short while protecting your eastern side). When the troops are moved, build a trident academy and upgrade it immediately. Train at least 3 scouts so they can build towers protecting your entrances.

With little time to spare, you'll be assaulted by a wave of enemies but your tridents and mage should be able to hold them off long enough to get a couple of towers built on the western entrance. At least 2 searing and 1 freezing tend to hold off the enemies enough, for now . . . Do the same at the eastern entrance. Build the towers out a bit, but not too far, to give yourself room inside the circle to build some hamlets as you'll need to do soon. With towers up, you'll have some breathing room to build hamlets and train tridents.

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

Level 7 tips and strategy Pt. 2

[Post New]by peutetre on Nov 11, 08 7:37 AM
One of the first things to do is to take out the small watchtower in the open field just northeast of the left camp. It triggers attacks very quickly on your main camp and you'll get even more breathing room once it's gone.

From here, there are a ton of ways to beat this level. It's probably best to start off clearing out the enemy camp that lies between the left side camp and what used to be the right side camp (now likely destroyed). I'm a big fan of building a field of searing and freezing towers to lure the enemies into it, then clearing out buildings and stragglers with tridents.

One of the main reasons you want to get rid of that enemy camp is because it lets you build a second base where the destroyed base used to be. You'll run out of crystals and bubbles pretty fast if you don't . . . Once you have two bases going, you can defend the east base with some towers in the glade where the enemy camp used to be and a small group of tridents. Use the rest of your tridents (with the scouts to build back up trap towers) to clear out the passageway directly north of the west base. Lots of towers help here because they kill off the purple poison guys (whatever they're called!) quickly. When you get past the line of watchtowers as you work up the passage, you're in great shape because you'll then just have to lure out enemies and destroy a bunch of their structures to truly get the upper hand.

That should be enough to tip the balance in your favor and let you clear out the level!!!

Farhanul
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Level 7 tips and strategy Pt. 1

[Post New]by Farhanul on Sep 10, 09 3:37 AM
Peutetre can you please explain it to me a bit properly.

Kadra
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by Kadra on Oct 12, 09 3:34 PM
Thanks for the excellent strategy still took me forever but finally did it.

My biggest problem was i forgot how to upgrade the towers and as i read your strategy it just clicked.

Thank you for ending months of torment.

damgame
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by damgame on Oct 29, 09 5:28 AM
I have to take my hat of to peutetre because i would have stopped at this level as well, however i have cleared out all gordlon structures but 3 gordlons keep coming back. I have killed them for about an hour now and they keep comong back. Am I doing something wrong. I have built everything i can think of.

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by peutetre on Mar 11, 11 1:54 PM
There has to be a structure of some sort that's still left, or some little outpost somewhere. You'll just have to move along all of the pathways on the map to see where they're lurking.

[Post New]by fishbarragio on Aug 23, 11 1:40 AM
Thanks, peutetre! I really need to know the starting part! The problem is I don't have enough Trident Rangers to kill off the witches in the east. So I'll just abandon the eastern camp like your way and also my brother's way.

I can replay this level anytime I like now and I'm now in 'The Final Battle'. Levels 5, 7, 8 and 9 are pretty boring at the start but gets better and better.

Go to: