bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any The Blackwell Convergence technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 3, 10 12:16 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

maxminpin
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

Re:Post any The Blackwell Convergence technical issues here only

[Post New]by maxminpin on Sep 3, 10 5:26 PM
I downloaded game twice and got same message. Problem with mode 640 x 400 (32 bit). Failed to create direct 3D device. Graphic card drives do not support resolution. Then it states to run game again and try another set up program and try other resolution. What does this mean? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for replys.

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Sep 3, 10 6:29 PM
I don't know what it means but I got the same message and on my computer it didn't try any other program, it just exited.

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Sep 3, 10 8:58 PM
maxminpin wrote:I downloaded game twice and got same message. Problem with mode 640 x 400 (32 bit). Failed to create direct 3D device. Graphic card drives do not support resolution. Then it states to run game again and try another set up program and try other resolution. What does this mean? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for replys.

I had the same problem. The other 2 Blackwell games ran fine on my machine. Not sure why this one was so testy. Can't drop my res that low.
First game I have ever had problems with.

[Post New]by cajobe on Sep 9, 10 2:58 PM
I am also in the dark with the same message. I have already bought the game and would like to know what to do?

[Post New]by Rbandboy on Jan 18, 12 7:53 PM
I resolved the problem of poor resolution problems by going to the file titled "acsetup.cfg," and then proceeded to change the "windowed=0" to "windowed=1".

Works fine now.

Liz_Lemon
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by Liz_Lemon on Jul 17, 12 9:47 AM
Is this game supposed to be all pixelated???
I've tried compatibility mode and changing the resolution it opens in and I get no result.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 17, 12 10:17 AM
Hi Liz_Lemon,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this game!

To get everything straightened out with the display, you can also try updating your video card and graphics drivers. You can read about how to do that in the help article we have here.

If that doesn't help, please get in touch with our Tech Support team so they can see what else might be going on. You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

I hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Joreboji
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Joreboji on Apr 22, 13 12:22 PM
My heartfelt thanks to "GOLDEN" for giving me the ONLY "fix" that worked after trying for almost a week to run this game. I LOVE the BLACKWELL series and have all the others but this one just would NOT run, no matter what I did until the message from "GOLDEN" made it clear for me and I followed the instructions given and now I am thrilled to say I am playing the game!!!!

If you want to see what GOLDEN's "fix" was go to the locked thread and read the instructions given. Its the ONLY thing that worked for me! Hope this helps someone else too!
Jo

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Apr 22, 13 12:26 PM
That's great to hear, Jo!

I hope you're enjoying the game!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by kimmer_52258 on Sep 3, 14 10:24 PM
Am I the only one having a problem with the game not saving? I am really getting tired of saving everything because the game crashes and when I restore the game it starts at an earlier part of the game I already played, not were I left off and am sick of playing the same scenes over and over.

Go to: