Xeny
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

Cannot pick up Isabella's bone in Escape from Frankenstein's Castle, is it a glitch?

[Post New]by Xeny on Sep 3, 10 4:47 AM
Hiya BFG Gamers,

I am hoping one of you has an answer why I'm unable to pick up Isabella's bone to make more oil to open the storage door in the hidden room behind the fireplace in the Banquet Hall.
I click the orange flask, and Hannah in the voice box says what is needed, but no new task is triggered in the task book on the lower left.

There is only Unlock the door, and
Make Dill (something or other) oil.

Is there a chance I left something undone?

I went through the walkthrough, but I cannot see anything that wasn't accomplished. Any ideas?

hokies
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,665 Posts

Re:Cannot pick up Isabella's bone in Escape from Frankenstein's Castle, is it a glitch?

[Post New]by hokies on Sep 3, 10 5:53 AM
maybe the bones are behind the locked door try to unlock door

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Re:Cannot pick up Isabella's bone in Escape from Frankenstein's Castle, is it a glitch?

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Sep 3, 10 7:42 AM
Hey there Xeny,

Welcome to the pond! The best place to talk about our games is in our Game Forums. These are real easy to get to - just click the Forums tab on the home page and search for your game under ‘All Game Forums’.

It does look like other players have been reporting this same issue in the Bone Fragment thread, and I would definitely recommend writing in to Tech Support with this information.

To do this, click on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then click "Contact Us" (bottom left) of the next page to reach the online web form. To submit the web form, first click "Check for Answers" to visit the Help pages, and if you still can't find an answer, you will then be able to click the "Submit" button to send your ticket to our reps.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat for real-time support through your "My Game Club" page. Chat hours are Monday through Friday 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM PST.

I'm going to move this thread on over into the Escape from Frankenstein's Castle game forum and this discussion can be continued here. But this discussion will be visible in both the Chit-Chat Corner and the Game Forum!

-bfgArnoStyx

Edited on 09/30/2010 at 5:25:04 PM PST

[Post New]by JustDontTryIt on Sep 3, 10 12:19 PM
Go to the storage room in the kitchen and click on Isabella's skeleton in the wall. The bone will appear in the inventory.....you don't actually take it.

Xeny
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by Xeny on Sep 3, 10 4:55 PM
Yes, thank you to all. I have approached the skeleton but no bone appears in inventory. And no "Find a bone" ever appears in the task book, as shown in the walkthrough. All that happens is Hannah asks Isabella if she is sure it is okay to take one of her bones. But never does a bone appear!
I had tried looking for a thread for this game before making one, but didn't find one. But thanks for moving it to where it belonged.

Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on Sep 3, 10 5:53 PM
Xeny, this seems to be a well-known problem. Well, I should say well-known to those who are playing the game.

I'm still waiting for a resolution. I'm nothing if not patient, grrrrr.

[Post New]by luckybrat on Sep 3, 10 6:38 PM
I cannot pick up the bone fragment either. I am stuck until I am able to do so. Clicking on the orange or green flask did not pop up a task. How do I get the bone fragment. when I go to Isabella in the wall, it asks if it's okay to take it, but it does not let me take it nor does it magically appear in my inventory. Frustrated!!!!!

Xeny
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by Xeny on Sep 4, 10 3:39 AM
I finally got it, Guys. What I did was uninstall my game, then re-install it, erased my profile, made a new profile, then played from the beginning. This time everything worked out. Some personal friends of mine had the same problem, others did not, so it seems that the game just acts up sometimes. Maybe if you tried what I did, it may work for you. Re-playing goes by fast since you will remember what to do since you have already done it! Good Luck, Gamers!

PS Maybe you may not have to uninstall, and just try again under a new profile, but I suppose to be thorough one should attempt a complete start over.

[Post New]by blobfish on Sep 6, 10 5:50 PM
Cannot pick up Isabella's bone in Escape from Frankenstein's Castle.J'aimerais une réponse en français si possible. I would like a french response please

Edited on 02/26/2013 at 12:06:41 PM PST

Xeny
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by Xeny on Sep 6, 10 10:54 PM
I will try blobfish, here goes:

Je l'ai finalement obtenu, les gars. Ce que j'ai fait a été désinstaller mon jeu, puis réinstallez-le, effacé mon profil, faites un nouveau profil, puis a joué dès le début. Cette fois tout a fonctionné. Certains de mes amis personnels eu le même problème, d'autres pas, alors il semble que le jeu se comporte parfois juste en haut. Peut-être si vous avez essayé ce que j'ai fait, il peut travailler pour vous. Re-lecture passe vite puisque vous vous souviendrez que faire puisque vous avez déjà fait! Gamers Good Luck,!

PS Peut-être que vous n'avez pas à désinstaller, et essayez de nouveau sous un nouveau profil, mais je suppose que, pour être complet il faut tenter un démarrage complet sur.

[Post New]by greyhead on Sep 7, 10 9:41 AM
I have been trying - the second time around ( new profile ) to " just look " at Isabelle´s bones in the crack when I came across this part earlier in the game ... otherwise the program would nagg about that ... but did NOT try to grab something or do anything ..... then there was nor problem with the orange solution and what should follow.

Xeny
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by Xeny on Sep 27, 10 4:37 PM
I did like you, too, grayhead. I was afraid to touch the crack the second time around playing the game! But when I went for the orange liquid in the lab and was given the task to find a bone, I knew it was going to work. Great Game!

[Post New]by rainbow24 on Sep 27, 10 11:18 PM
come on, tech support...to fix the Isabella's bone so I can pick it up for orange liquid in the lab!! wake up!!

indypeg57
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by indypeg57 on Oct 9, 10 5:32 PM
I cannot pick up a bone fragment either , I`ll try the new profile,but , what a hassle, each room,each floor, loading....loading...loading... I`ts going to take awhile to get back.. If I can`t get it then... Errrggghhhh!!!!!!
But thanks for the help!!

mompea
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by mompea on Oct 12, 10 2:31 PM
I'm like you I keep seeing the skeleton, I know I need the bone, but it never appears in my inventory. I guess I'll just have to remove this game and reinstall it. BUGGERS!

bluegayle
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by bluegayle on Oct 17, 10 12:06 PM
I found I had to just restart with new profile.
Seems if you mention bone too soon to skeleton of Isabell it it not going to work for you.

In other words try not to jump too far ahead. Just follow tasks as they come up.

Not a bad game. Puzzles a wee bit non challenging at times.

[Post New]by moggy1 on Oct 18, 10 4:02 PM
same problem i will try with new profile but glad its not just me sorry lol

[Post New]by ragingelf on Oct 20, 10 1:47 PM
Same problem except I recieved the new message to get the bone, went to were Isabella's remains are in the kitchen and it will only go over the dialog over and over again. Am unable to pick up the bone- argh!
If there are any other suggestions let me know thanks.

[Post New]by blisga on Oct 20, 10 11:33 PM
I am having the exact same problem.

[Post New]by Melrose000 on Oct 29, 10 6:08 PM
Okay guys...it is now Oct 29th, and I see no fix or solution to this bone fragment issue. Come on BigFish! Love this game and really would like to be able to grab that bone, make the oil, and advance already. Has anyone figured this out yet, or gotten a solution from Tech Support? Thanks...game on, friends!!!

Edited on 10/29/2010 at 6:09:41 PM PST

Go to: