the bone shard

jinxi1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

the bone shard

[Post New]by jinxi1 on Sep 3, 10 4:18 PM
I DID EVERY THING THE WALK THROUGH SAYS, AND I CANN'T GET THE BONE SHARD. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG, HOW DO YOU GET IT??????

Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

Re:the bone shard

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on Sep 3, 10 5:36 PM
Hi jinxi1, see the thread entitled "Bone Fragment." Seems this is a problem with a lot of people. Was reported, hoping BF is working on it. Some people are having success starting all over with a new name. Don't know if this will work for you.

I'm waiting for BF to fix it, lol.

[Post New]by Tupelo63 on Sep 3, 10 7:17 PM
Did everything about 10 times, still have no bone shard..........can not go any further. WTH?

[Post New]by rjbresume1 on Sep 4, 10 11:03 AM
Pick a game that BF has to offer and doesn't have a problem or two or three or more. Geez could we have one that runs smoothly please

b00kworm
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

[Post New]by b00kworm on Sep 4, 10 12:00 PM
I never had a problem with the bone fragment/shard/whatever you call it.

I just did this:

Walked back to the kitchen, entered the storage room and clicked on the crack in the wall. Clicked on Isabella's corpse and she 'allowed' me to take a piece of it. Took the bone back to the alchemy table downstairs and produced the oil.

carolwooden
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by carolwooden on Sep 4, 10 10:48 PM
I also did everything by the book and still no bone shard. I know WHERE to get it but the pointer never turns into a hand so I can actually TAKE the shard. I use the pointer on the bones and I am given permission by Isabella to help myself but nope, nothing works.

I have started this game over under a different name and I still get stuck so I'm just going to delete the game and get on with my life.

[Post New]by beauty1 on Sep 5, 10 1:18 AM
i to am having trouble restarted game twice but still can not get the bone shard how do i get it please x

b00kworm
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

[Post New]by b00kworm on Sep 5, 10 2:30 AM
The pointer never turns into a hand in this game (as far as I remember). After the permission, the bone was in my inventory, just like that. Maybe it's really a glitch and I didn't experience it.

Dancing_Cat
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by Dancing_Cat on Sep 5, 10 7:32 AM
I've just tried deleting the game and re-installing but it hasn't made the slightest difference. I haven't got 'Get bone fragment' or whatever in my list of tasks so I can't get the bone.

Dittywah
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Dittywah on Sep 5, 10 12:19 PM
I'm gonna try clicking on the perfume bottle, then green flask, then note in memory, then orange flask, after I start over in a new profile. I'll let you know if it works, but that's gonna be down the road a piece cuz I'm pretty annoyed about it right now...

ThomAndJerry
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by ThomAndJerry on Sep 5, 10 1:32 PM
I was able to get mine just fine. When you go to the storage in the kitchen go to the crack in the wall, then click on her bones. You get a chat popup asking her if its ok to take them, she says yes then its automatically entered into your inventory. Image of mine is below

[removed by moderator]

This game is "task" specific. You have to both activate and complete tasks before others will become available to you. If its not on your task list, then you havent gotten that far yet. If it is in your task list but you cant get it, its because you have to complete one of the other tasks first

Edited on 09/14/2010 at 10:49:30 AM PST

[Post New]by starsaphire on Sep 5, 10 4:43 PM
I have the task activated. I still can't get the bone fragment; it just keeps re-iterating the dialogue over and over. Nothing shows up in my inventory, and when I return to the beakers and click on the orange liquid, I'm told once again that I need to go get the bone fragment.

Dittywah
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Dittywah on Sep 5, 10 6:13 PM
You have to touch the black perfume bottle and then the big green flask without going to the Hannah's room memory thing. If you do it in this order, the task will show up. Don't go to the memory until it tells you to. And the bone doesn't ever need to be actually charred just drop the whole thing in there. And yeah, I did have to start a whole new profile to get it in the right order, but some games are like that sometimes. Kind of annoying.

Edited on 09/05/2010 at 6:15:09 PM PST

[Post New]by dunrite on Sep 10, 10 9:47 PM
To heck with this game, more glitches then a Obama plan

eyesore
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by eyesore on Sep 12, 10 5:31 AM
I agree...."to heck with this game!!!" SLOW transition from map site to map site. Have given up on the bone shard. Refuses to go into inventory. Too long and tedious to reload and start all over again.

[Post New]by wookyjo on Sep 12, 10 2:54 PM
Cannot get the bone shard .... I've read other messages, seems like a lot of people are having the same trouble, have tried everything and doesn't work. Do we get our money back??????

betyboo
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by betyboo on Sep 13, 10 10:20 PM
having problem withthe bone fragment yeah do we get our money back on this crapy game really need to know you can't go any further and u should'nt have to restart the game under a new profile thats just not right I want a refund on this game.

eyesore
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by eyesore on Sep 14, 10 10:37 AM
I e-mailed BF and suggested that due to all our complaints that a game credit would be a nice gesture on its part. A refund would be fine also. Really a bad game.

[Post New]by cinsuciz on Sep 14, 10 9:07 PM
I've done everything the game told me to do Still can't get bone NEED A REFUND

0Jade
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by 0Jade on Sep 26, 10 6:41 AM
Add me to the list, I give up too!

Go to: