bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Fill Up 2

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 4, 10 12:05 AM
Earn tons of cash in Fill Up 2 by grabbing similar cars as quickly as you can! The city architect has already prepared the zoning map, so use your new found earnings to expand the city and make it more beautiful! Earn different trophies depending on how quickly you make it through each level. Can you beautify your city and become a hero? Find out in Fill Up 2!

lackoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,430 Posts

Re:Fill Up 2

[Post New]by lackoo on Sep 4, 10 12:25 AM
It's a match 3 game,am i right ?

1snooker1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by 1snooker1 on Sep 4, 10 12:41 AM
B*O*R*I*N*G!!!! zzzzz......... I played 5 minutes then deleted game. Music is too frantic. Graphics are good, very responsive. But geez the game itself is a bust.

Purple_One
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by Purple_One on Sep 4, 10 12:53 AM
I really can't intelligently comment on the game since I haven't played it yet. I just got both versions. They are Time Management and I am not at all familiar with that genre, I have been playing HOGs.

Since I still have 175 unplayed games (mostly HOGs), I don't know what I am even doing in here for another sale, LOL. Just thought I would try a different genre because I have so many HOGs. I hope I like this genre.

I'll be back when I play some of it to let you know my little opinion on it. See you later, glub, glub, glub (drowning in games, LOL). God bless.

Edited on 09/04/2010 at 12:55:02 AM PST

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on Sep 4, 10 1:11 AM
lackoo wrote:It's a match 3 game,am i right ?

Yes you're right and a boring one at that.

tuakka
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by tuakka on Sep 4, 10 5:32 AM
I can't even play it...I get a message that my monitor's res has to support 1280x1024. What is this crap!

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Sep 4, 10 6:30 AM
QEIII wrote:
lackoo wrote:It's a match 3 game,am i right ?

Yes you're right and a boring one at that.

It's in the Time Management section. The 3 screenshots posted certainly don't look like a Match 3 in any way, shape or form. I have not played Fill Up 2 but have played Fill Up (the original), which is a Time Management game, as labeled.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Sep 4, 10 7:03 AM
Well you need to play this to understand why it is not as expected. It is a matching game- it is nothing at all like the first FIll Up.

[Post New]by sant_iven on Sep 4, 10 9:00 AM
The game is super!

doccat5
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by doccat5 on Sep 4, 10 9:10 AM
Even changing the screen resolution to the required settings didn't work. Boo on this one, guys! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

[Post New]by big_sven on Sep 4, 10 10:03 AM
The graphics are very nice, the gameplay is cool.
The game is a perfect mix of "time managament" and "match3"!

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Sep 4, 10 10:42 AM
I played 11 minutes of this game and deleted. There did not seem to be much to the game other than match cars in a row or a column. Yes, this is a match game with a timer. The rules of the game are to 1) match at least 3 cars of the same color and model (simple combo) or 2) match 3 or 4 cars of the with a combination of color and model (complex combo). As you match cars, the slots fill up with other cars. You can earn bonus to help.

"Me likes" -- I can usually find something I like about a game, but this one is difficult to do. Perhaps it being a simple and easy game will interest some gamers who just want to play a mindless game.

"Me don't like so much" -- Everything else about the game. The game doesn't have a storyline, nor does it seem to have a "point to the game." After you match 3 or more cars, "what next?"

I had no technical problems playing the game. This game is not for me, no purchase here. Perhaps others may enjoy it. If so, good gaming.

Ratatouille
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by Ratatouille on Sep 4, 10 12:30 PM
Thanks for your review, Sante. That really helped establish that it's not my kind of game at all either, so I won't have to waste time trying it. And I thought it was a nice building or traffic game with those graphics :\

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Sep 4, 10 1:57 PM
Sante001 wrote:I played 11 minutes of this game and deleted. There did not seem to be much to the game other than match cars in a row or a column. Yes, this is a match game with a timer. The rules of the game are to 1) match at least 3 cars of the same color and model (simple combo) or 2) match 3 or 4 cars of the with a combination of color and model (complex combo). As you match cars, the slots fill up with other cars. You can earn bonus to help.

"Me likes" -- I can usually find something I like about a game, but this one is difficult to do. Perhaps it being a simple and easy game will interest some gamers who just want to play a mindless game.

"Me don't like so much" -- Everything else about the game. The game doesn't have a storyline, nor does it seem to have a "point to the game." After you match 3 or more cars, "what next?"

I had no technical problems playing the game. This game is not for me, no purchase here. Perhaps others may enjoy it. If so, good gaming.

I agree with your assessment Sante- dragging cars in rows of 3 is not much fun.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Sep 4, 10 5:36 PM
I'm 20 minutes into the demo, and losing - the round with the gas pumps. I did at least finally figure out that you don't just have the parked cars you can use, but can pull in the ones driving by as well - so maybe next try I'll win that round finally lol.

Update: I gave up before the hour was over. Never made it past level 2 lol.

Edited on 09/04/2010 at 10:42:08 PM PST

gypsy278
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by gypsy278 on Sep 5, 10 12:40 PM
I really loved Fill Up.. I don't know why they have to change the total premise of the game and then throw a 2 at the end... This is nothing like the first and I am totally dissapointed

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Sep 6, 10 12:26 PM
I have deleted the game after several minutes. Making match from cars isn`t really fun. No buy for me

Kadra
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by Kadra on Sep 6, 10 9:16 PM

wow thanks for the reviews won't bother waiting for a fix then really glad i didn't buy it unplayed like some and really glad the resolution didn't work for me

Go to: