lackoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,430 Posts

Do not try or buy this game.

[Post New]by lackoo on Sep 4, 10 5:13 AM
Unless your monitor supports 1280x1024 screen resolution. The demo doesn't start on monitors with lower resolution . ( in my case 1024x768 )

tuakka
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

Re:Do not try or buy this game.

[Post New]by tuakka on Sep 4, 10 5:30 AM
I cant play it either. My monitor is at the highest res of 1600x900. Come on Big Fish, fix this.

FishinFem
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by FishinFem on Sep 4, 10 5:53 AM
I really wanted to play this game as i liked the first one but My puter/graphics card doesn't have the resolution it wants...... my highest is 1280 x 800 hope they can fix it so that it can fit smaller resolutions like almost every other game ever invented soooo stupid this resolution problem is sigh

[Post New]by Marinersfan04 on Sep 4, 10 6:07 AM
My highest res is also 1280x800. I want to try this game, so I hope BF can somehow change the resolution requirement.

goldendog08
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by goldendog08 on Sep 4, 10 7:05 AM
Same story here-- I have a new, high end Sapphire card that can handle any known resolution but I haven't changed my 18 month old monitor yet--it only goes to 1440 x 900. So evidently this developer is producing a game usable only by the 5% of us who have bought a new power machine and monitor in the last few months.

[Post New]by kirstie1985 on Sep 4, 10 7:19 AM
I've got this problem too, mine only goes to 1440 x 900. Was looking forward to playing

vkbaker
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by vkbaker on Sep 4, 10 7:52 AM
I didn't even know it was open because it didn't do anything but run out the timer.

[Post New]by PrinJess on Sep 4, 10 7:58 AM
It seems to run for me, and my monitor is 1680x1050. Maybe the resolution does have something to do with it. Some of you can try doing this: Right-clicking the shortcut (or the main .exe in the folder), select Properties, go to the Compatibility tab and check "Run in 680x480 screen resolution".

See if that works for any of you.

goldendog08
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by goldendog08 on Sep 4, 10 8:31 AM
Some of my older games show a compatibility tab but this one (and several other BFG icons) don't even show it as an option. Win 7 home premium...

[Post New]by hawkeye076 on Sep 4, 10 10:06 AM
I'm the same here can't play because of resolution, please fix this asap or i want money refunded. People should be alerted about this before buying.

tuakka
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by tuakka on Sep 4, 10 10:32 AM
PrinJess wrote:It seems to run for me, and my monitor is 1680x1050. Maybe the resolution does have something to do with it. Some of you can try doing this: Right-clicking the shortcut (or the main .exe in the folder), select Properties, go to the Compatibility tab and check "Run in 680x480 screen resolution".

See if that works for any of you.

I tried the suggestion above and it did not work. The reason is most likely due to the game itself having hard-coding in the programming to ONLY play with a minimum resolution of 1280x1024.

Kadra
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by Kadra on Sep 4, 10 11:42 AM

Glad to see it wasn't just me but i find it strange that this is the only game that win7 didn't do a reinstall with recommended settings like every other game that doesn't fit my resolution of 1680 x 945.

But then i also found it strange that i didn't have the 1280x 1024 res as a available option.

ah well just won't buy it and was going to be 1 of the ones i bought with this $4.99 special.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Sep 4, 10 7:37 PM
Review:
I could play this game and I wish I hadn't, The graphics are lame. The gameplay is boring. For a M3 game this one is stone age. Highly disappointing. There wasn't a thing about this game I liked.

It's a stinker with F.

Bailey868
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Bailey868 on Sep 5, 10 6:16 AM
I, too, received the resolution message and after adjusting my resolution, I wished I hadn't bothered. Game is extremely tedious and pointless. I gave it 5 minutes and that was too long.

[Post New]by Myranda76 on Sep 5, 10 8:50 AM
Mine goes to 1600x900. I still can't play this game. First game I have bought without trying it first, cause I loved the first one. I won't do this again. any idea on how to fix this??? and rt clicking does not give an option for a "compatibility tab". I am going to ask for my money back if I can't get this fixed ASAP!

Edited on 09/05/2010 at 8:55:49 AM PST

[Post New]by tessagfp on Sep 5, 10 9:46 AM
I had they correct resolution but it was below the top that I had available. For example for this person if 1600 is the first number of the resolution, it would be below it on the scale. My top resolution is 1400 and 1280 is lower than that on my scale.. hope this helps someone else. It is not above it..

[Post New]by daisyever55 on Sep 5, 10 10:12 AM
I also tried adjusting the games compatibility, but it did not work. I just received the same message of needing 1086 x 1024. Oh well, I hope I can get my money back.

[Post New]by mistergeorge on Sep 5, 10 2:23 PM
I changed my settings to play, but was also disappointed. Now I can't remember what resolution I had and am getting frustrated to get my screen back the way I liked it.

Go to: