bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

Post any Youda Survivor technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgErie on Sep 4, 10 11:40 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Re:Post any Youda Survivor technical issues here only

[Post New]by hilsgriff on Sep 4, 10 2:00 PM
I am enjoying the game but after i have been playing it for 5-10 mins it starts slowing up. I have exactly the same problem with Youda safari. All other games from Big fish seem to run OK. I have task manager open and I can see that 65-75% of the processor is being used ( the rest is idle) and the mem usage just goes up and up - when it slow to unplayable - usually when a pirate or two enters the screen - the Mem usage peaks at 150-200K which would seem to be overly excessive.
Please help as I like both this and Youda Safari but it is frustrating to be only able to play them for 5-10 mins
Farm frenzy and other time management games play fine

[Post New]by emanvamp on Sep 5, 10 8:02 AM
I'm having the same problem with slowness. The screen also gets very pixelated and is too slow in responding to mouse clicks to play. Very frustrating.

Faunie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Faunie on Sep 5, 10 10:00 AM
downloaded , installed, never got to play because it instantly said my 60 minute trial was over

gypsy278
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by gypsy278 on Sep 5, 10 12:20 PM
I am also having the same problem. Every other big fish game plays just fine, but this one gets so slow that it is unplayable. Clicking the same thing over and over and nothing happens... Whenever there are more than a couple things going on at the same time. I really enjoyed the part of the game that I got to play and would buy this one but I don't want to buy it if the same thing, that happens in the trial, is going to happen after I buy it. If any of you find out how to fix the problem please let me know.

juliesherris
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by juliesherris on Sep 6, 10 5:02 AM
Yep, the same here - I can get through a lot of the levels by minimising the window, which instantly pauses the game (because I can't click the menu button to pause)
When I come back to the screen, I can click a few pirates or goods quickly, & then have to do it again, over & over.

The first dozen or so levels were fine, which is why I decided to buy the game.... grrr!!

I'm going to try & run the game with absolutely nothing else going on (internet, skype etc) & will see if it makes a difference.

Shame really, because I love the Farm Frenzy games & this is a twist on those - fingers crossed!

NormaNorman
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by NormaNorman on Sep 6, 10 11:04 PM
Same lagging issue as some others. I'll be looking for a refund soon if there isn't a fix for this as it basically makes the game somewhere between impossible and too hard to manage without a lot of hand pain.

[Post New]by snirpy on Sep 7, 10 12:35 PM
I'm more than half way through the game and have just started getting the same lagging and slowness issues. I've shut down as many background tasks as I can but it still keeps doing it. It gets worse the more animals and pirates that appear. Incredibly frustrating. I've never experienced a problem like this before with any game, not even The Sims!

[Post New]by dannyschick on Sep 7, 10 4:43 PM
I am also having the same lagging issue. Game gets very slow and is impossible to play.

[Post New]by SirHughJass on Sep 9, 10 1:21 PM
I'm stuck on the first level that you collect leaves or palm fronds. I missed any instructions about them and can only seem to get them from defeating a pirate. However, not enough pirates come out to get all the leaves, leaving me perpetually waiting for that last freakin pirate to come out.

Any other way to get the green leaf?

burkedd
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by burkedd on Sep 9, 10 6:03 PM
SPOILER ALERT:

If it is what I think you are talking about the green leaves or palm fronds, they come from the diver and they are sea weed leaves just above and to the left of the shrimp. You get 5 or so depending on his level at a time.

NormaNorman
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by NormaNorman on Sep 9, 10 8:09 PM
Looks like BFG is ignoring our lag issues. Perhaps because it's only a minority of players who have this problem? Well looks like it's time for a refund. It's too bad because there aren't that many of my favorite type of games coming out anymore.

gypsy278
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by gypsy278 on Sep 10, 10 12:32 PM
Do you think they are really ignoring us? I bought the game but haven't got in touch with BF to get a refund yet. I'm really excited to play this game but the lagging makes it impossible. Has anyone already contacted them to see if they are working on the issue or should I ask for a refund also. Not quite sure how the technical issues get solved, do they just read our posts and respond when they have an answer?

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Sep 10, 10 12:55 PM
Hi Fishies,

I can see that many of you are having lag issues with the game and I'd definitely recommend checking out this help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you've already done this, please write in to Tech Support with a Dr. Felix report so that the reps can collect some more information as to what might be going on with the game.

A Dr. Felix report is a report that gives the rep an overview of all of the game related software on your computer. It will not make any changes to your system or gather any sensitive information and will only provide information related to helping your game work properly. This report will be able to determine if any updates, repairs or adjustments are needed and the tech rep can walk you through them.

First, download Dr. Felix, our Big Fish Games diagnostic tool, from here.

1. Select ‘Run’ or ‘Save File’ to download the Dr. Felix file to your desktop.
2. Next, open the ‘DrFelixBigFish’ file.
3. Once you’ve agreed to the terms, Dr. Felix will start gathering information.
4. When Dr. Felix is finished, click the ‘Next’ button.
5. A yellow .zip file, named ‘DrFelixResults’ will save to your desktop.
6. Attach this file to the ticket that you write in with. For more help, refer to this Attach File to Customer Support Ticket article

To contact Tech Support, please click on the green envelope to the right, and then click "Contact Us" (bottom left) of the next page to reach the online web form. To submit the web form, first click "Check for Answers" to visit the Help pages, and if you still can't find an answer, you will then be able to click the "Submit" button to send your ticket to our reps.

Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

gypsy278
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by gypsy278 on Sep 12, 10 8:51 AM
So I totally did all of the above. Still the game doesn't work. I went to contact us to enter my problem and after typing in all of the information it will not let me move to the next screen.... the "check for answers" button is not working. I am getting very frustrated. I really want to play this game

firrine
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by firrine on Sep 12, 10 9:09 PM
I have a game bug issue. Is this the place to post it?

Hope512
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Hope512 on Sep 15, 10 5:43 PM
I've just played the last level. There's one problem that's been through all the levels. When the energy cans dropped by the pirates or birds are dropped behind the shack there's no way to get them.

But with the last level I had a few problems. I tried to get the monkeys, the first two stayed stuck on the left side of the screen, the third one from the right side of the screen was fine. I upgraded the coconut oil machine before I updated the yellow potion machine but because the coconut cream machine was so big I couldn't click on the sign to upgrade.

I also would have liked a much more obvious way to find out how much space each item uses in the shack.

[Post New]by mistieroze on Sep 16, 10 1:25 PM
I have completed with game and went back to repeat a few levels with gold. I have won gold on every single level, but on the achievements page it is not checked. I have not won the award for 'completing all levels with gold' although in reality, they're all gold!

Anyone else with the same issue?

toast
Salmon
Salmon
2,618 Posts

[Post New]by toast on Sep 20, 10 1:35 AM
I'm close to finishing the game but a glitch has begun happening that I noticed no one else is having. For the last 6 levels or so I wind up with products that can't be picked up. My warehouse has enough room for them but no matter how many times I click on them they just sit there and I can't interact with them. They don't even go into the blinking phase or disappear. The only way I have to fix the problem is to restart the level.

JavKang
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by JavKang on Sep 20, 10 6:35 AM
Hello Hope 512 and Toast and Everyone! Hope, I had the same problem with items disappearing permanently behind buildings or objects too large. Not making excuses for the developers but I wonder if it's a case of luck and strategy?

Toast! Heavens! Now I do think the frozen items are a glitch and extremely annoying as after wasting so much valuable time to pick them up, I decided just to restart the level.

Really enjoyed this game but I do wish the last levels had a little more "Ooomph!" to them. Easy enough for most of the game and then, it just became too hard to get even close to silver! I will though!

Have a great day everyone!

Go to: