Resolution Issue: Can it be fixed?

[Post New]by Marinersfan04 on Sep 4, 10 1:16 PM
BFG, is there any way I can play this game? I can play the first Fill Up game fine. I have a laptop with XP home, the highest resolution I have is 1280x800.

I hope there is some way to fix this for all of us who want to try Fill Up 2! Thanks.

Re:Resolution Issue: Can it be fixed?

[Post New]by little_sparkle on Sep 4, 10 2:46 PM
I'm having this problem and am trying to find drivers in order to change the screen resolution, but as I see I'm not the only one, I won't bother. Hopefully they will see your thread and do something about it! Never had this problem with any other game.

[Post New]by frammie on Sep 4, 10 4:30 PM
Well that makes three of us with the same bug....HELP>>>>>>

njewer
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by njewer on Sep 4, 10 4:51 PM
same here - my highest is 1024 X 768 (or something like that) - weird, first game ever that I have been unable to play!

[Post New]by KAZER1969 on Sep 5, 10 2:42 AM
I've got the same problem I enjoyed the first one but when I tried the trial version all I got was the same message. I hope they come up with a fix.

[Post New]by daisyever55 on Sep 5, 10 10:02 AM
I just emailed them with the same problem! My highest resolution is 1366 x 768. My laptop is only 8 months old. This is kind of a bummer since I purchased the game without playing first, which I have never done before! Oh well, I guess we'll see if they fix it!

[Post New]by tessagfp on Sep 5, 10 10:13 PM
Check the smaller resolutions on your display settings.. ie mine was like 1400 for the first number and the required resolution is actually smaller than that..

[Post New]by megandaisy on Sep 6, 10 8:49 AM
I have a widescreen monitor set at 1600X900 and it won't work for me. I have tried changing resolutions, no luck.

[Post New]by Shorty201873622 on Sep 6, 10 10:00 AM
Same problem. What a bummer. I hope they get it fixed. I wanted to try the sequel. Hopefully they will have a patch or something take care of the constant problem.

tinam23
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by tinam23 on Sep 6, 10 10:04 AM
testing the resolutions is also eating away at my free trial...i'm down to 40 min and i have only tried 2 times...I really wish developers would test these games on different platforms before releasing them (Or pay close attention to forums once a game is released)...especially when releasing on weekends/holidays. Updates can take days and we are limited on TM games these days as it is!!! LOL

[Post New]by Ninnasmommy on Sep 6, 10 10:54 AM
Please FIX this or offer me a REFUND!

[Post New]by Melviria on Sep 6, 10 9:40 PM
tinam23 wrote:testing the resolutions is also eating away at my free trial...i'm down to 40 min and i have only tried 2 times...I really wish developers would test these games on different platforms before releasing them (Or pay close attention to forums once a game is released)...especially when releasing on weekends/holidays. Updates can take days and we are limited on TM games these days as it is!!! LOL

I agree it been slim pickings on the time management games this summer I sooo hate hidden object lol
I am having the same issue with the resolution on fill up 2 as stated above.

stingstungme
Minnow
Minnow
216 Posts

[Post New]by stingstungme on Sep 7, 10 3:31 PM
Melviria wrote:
I agree it been slim pickings on the time management games this summer I sooo hate hidden object lol
I am having the same issue with the resolution on fill up 2 as stated above.

You must be my long lost I didn't know I had twin. I hate **** games with a passion. Hate it when I go to the adventure section or the time management game section and see an interesting game only to download it and find out that it is a bleeping **** game.

Love TM games but I've noticed that they are far and few between. The majority of the ones that we get are horrid. Seems like the gaming community is centered around **** games. People wonder why their eyes go bad or why they need glasses. I blame **** games.

Anyway, my latest comp might be two years old. It was one of the best gaming comps out at the time. My resolution goes from 800 by 600 up to 1440 by 900.
According to their message, I need at least 1280 by 1024.

It isn't working for me.

I've seen nothing but bad reviews for this game on another gaming site. I won't miss it. I was hesitant to download this game because I remember demoing fill up and I remembered that it relatively sucked.

But like it was stated early, tm games are slim pickings.

I don't mind downloading a game and finding out it sucks or not my style but to download a game and believe that it wasn't thoroughly tested is ticks me off.

I've been gaming for several years and this is the ONLY time that I couldn't play a game because of resolution.

If I was trying to play this game on an IBM back from 1981 then I would expect to have issues.

The requirements for playing this are
* CPU: 3.0 GHz
* RAM: 256 MB
* DirectX: 8.0
* Hard Drive: 499 MB

My comp meets or exceeds this.

How did they test this game? Invite people into their office and let them play on a computer provided to them?

Guess I will just have to go out and buy a computer with exactly 1280 x 1024 resolution so I can play this wonderful game. There isn't an icon sarcastic enough for that last statement.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Sep 9, 10 11:02 AM
Hey Fishies,

Thank you so much for posting in the Forums with this issue. It has been noted and escalated. If there are any updates, we will definitely post in this thread, so please check back.

Thank you for your patience during this time, it's really appreciated!

-bfgArnoStyx

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Sep 9, 10 11:57 AM
Hey Fishies,

There is a new build available for this game that should fix the resolution issue! Go ahead and click that link to check it out. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by Marinersfan04 on Sep 9, 10 3:40 PM
Thanks, BFG, for fixing the resolution issue. And over a holiday weekend, too. Appreciate your prompt response. Off to play the demo now.

[Post New]by Marinersfan04 on Sep 9, 10 3:50 PM
stingstungme wrote:
I've seen nothing but bad reviews for this game on another gaming site. I won't miss it. I was hesitant to download this game because I remember demoing fill up and I remembered that it relatively sucked.

One thing I've learned since I began reading reviews of games in the forums, is not to bypass a game if it sounds like something I might like, regardless of negative reviews. I've found several games I really enjoyed even if a lot of others didn't.

Go to: