bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Nightmare Adventures: The Witch's Prison forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 5, 10 12:05 AM
Welcome to Nightmare Adventures: The Witch's Prison forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Nightmare Adventures: The Witch's Prison players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

jbinch
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

Re:Welcome to Nightmare Adventures: The Witch's Prison forum

[Post New]by jbinch on Sep 5, 10 2:06 AM
Just wondering if anyone else is having problems with the cursor?? Mine is slow and jerky..hard to pick anything up or use an item...very frustrating !

Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

[Post New]by Elkestra on Sep 5, 10 2:33 AM
jbinch wrote:Just wondering if anyone else is having problems with the cursor?? Mine is slow and jerky..hard to pick anything up or use an item...very frustrating !

A lot of people seem to be having this problem (though some don't).

Turning off the custom cursor has helped for some people (myself included), but others are stuck with it. Hopefully there'll be an update fixing the problem soon.

cmh47
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by cmh47 on Sep 5, 10 6:08 AM
I to have a big problem with the curser. I was really looking forward to playing the demo of this game with a view to buying. If the curser problem is sorted out how do you let people know. At the moment I am going to delete the game because it is too frustration. I have changed the curser as other people suggested but still no luck. Please let us know if this problem is fixed because it is such a shame that what looks like a good game is spoilt in this way.

mszoomy
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by mszoomy on Sep 5, 10 6:59 AM
An odd thing about that cursor...... I downloaded the trial version and the cursor was fine. I loved the game so when my hour was up I purchased it. It wasn't until AFTER I actually paid for the game that I started having cursor problems, weird!!
But you do have the option to turn the custome cursor off and it really doesn't make a difference because the plain one still turns to "feet" when you need to walk or a "hand" when you need to grab something! It's all good

[Post New]by ghostguide2002 on Sep 5, 10 7:06 AM
This is a nice game ... purchased it after 15 minutes of demo ...

No problems with the cursor

Graphics are clear

Hint recharges quickly

No penalty for numerous clicks

Story line is good, no voice overs, which I like

Mini games are on the easy/hard side ... you are able to skip .... got to do some thinkin' on some of them. So I've put on my thinkin' cap! (you must read with a southern accent I'm from the south)

Great game in my opinon ... I would give this

burningswan
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by burningswan on Sep 5, 10 7:51 AM
I bought this game after 30 mins of the demo. I love this puzzle driven adventure game. It loads quickly, clear well drawn graphics, brightness slider, no click penalty, clever story all runs without a glitch for me. The puzzles are fun, not tedious time fillers. Humorous, fun dialogue. Skippable story and minigames. Hint system will guide you without giving away the answers. Do yourself a favor, try the demo.

caseymom
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by caseymom on Sep 5, 10 11:10 AM
I had the same problem with the cursor. I got rid of the special cursor and it helped a little. But this game is so SLOOOOOOOOOOW it got so frustrating, I deleted the trial and I will wait a couple of days and try again. Shame too...looks like a good game with a good story line. Might be as good as Redemption Cemetary.

RHODAP50
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by RHODAP50 on Sep 5, 10 11:50 AM
I have just finished it and loved it, all the puzzles very few of which I had to skip well worth the offer price using the code.

Rhodap

seahorsequeen
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by seahorsequeen on Sep 6, 10 3:32 PM
Wasn't sure at first about this game but then suddenly I got in to it and bought it !! Luckily I haven't had any problems with my cursor,said I wasn't going to buy any more "dark" games but I'm hooked on them lol.What is the obsession( no pun intended) with asylums at the moment ? Did buy Mushroom Age yesterday by way of light relief it's so easy and amusing and a change is as good as a rest.Happy gaming people.

[Post New]by vickie2281950 on Sep 6, 10 3:42 PM
This is a thinker so I'm really enjoying this game, I'm very slow moving so I don't notice if a game is "too slow", lol. just read somesome say might be as good as Redemption Cemetery, I'm going to look that one up next, thanks for the tip. This should take me a couple of days to play so it was worth buying. Thanks BF.

[Post New]by Cindel221 on Sep 8, 10 7:56 AM
I bought the game while the summer sale was one. I love the spooky games and this one was beautiful. I've only just started playing the puzzle adventures and I found these ones a little on the hard side for me. I had to skip a few, which I hate doing. All-in-all a good game with a cool story. I'd recommend trying the demo out first and seeing if it's your thing.

maggotUK
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by maggotUK on Sep 9, 10 3:13 PM
Wow, what a great game, thoroughly enjoyed it.
I can honestly say well worth the money. Looking forward to the next one.
Great atmospherics makes you think, not too hard, a few head scratchers, but I like a bit of a challenge.
Thanks Big Fish!

where is the strategy guide?

[Post New]by Blitzen17 on Sep 10, 10 3:52 PM
where is the strategy guide for this game?

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

where is the strategy guide?

[Post New]by prpldva on Sep 10, 10 5:02 PM
Blitzen17 wrote:where is the strategy guide for this game?

Hi Blitzen17- welcome to the forums!

Here is the address for the strategy guide:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/8904/nightmare-adventures-the-witchs-prison-guide/index.html

walshar
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by walshar on Sep 12, 10 10:01 AM
Did not like this game, least favorite than any I've purchased so far. Nothing but mini games that didn't have and rhyme nor reason for me. I guess that I just like the games like Dire Grove and Curse of the Opera type. I'm sure a lot probably like this one, but I didn't at all.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Sep 12, 10 1:41 PM
walshar wrote: Did not like this game, least favorite than any I've purchased so far. Nothing but mini games that didn't have and rhyme nor reason for me. I guess that I just like the games like Dire Grove and Curse of the Opera type. I'm sure a lot probably like this one, but I didn't at all.

Welcome to the forums, walshar!

Sorry you did not enjoy the game. If you ever decide to try again, look at the camera when you are in a mini-game. It gives clues on how to solve each of the puzzles.

[Post New]by Sparky20 on Sep 21, 10 11:02 AM
Having realy problems getting my screen to change size, all it does is flash my normal screen on then to black, really annoying! is there any way to sort this out?

Peta52
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Peta52 on Sep 24, 10 12:44 PM
I'm also having real problems with the cursor. I had to skip one game completely because I couldn't control the movement at all. I'm trying now with the cursor switched back to normal and it is a little better but not a lot.

[Post New]by mababettes on Sep 27, 10 4:54 PM
Can anyone tell me where the match is. I missed it and can't light the burner in the lab.

Go to: