gentlegirl
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

Beta testers

[Post New]by gentlegirl on Sep 5, 10 12:28 AM
Hi!

What do I have to do to become a beta tester for bigfishgames?

honeybun3403
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

Re:Beta testers

[Post New]by honeybun3403 on Sep 5, 10 12:50 AM
me too!

Cordia
Flounder
Flounder
2,009 Posts

[Post New]by Cordia on Sep 5, 10 1:17 AM
All you have to do is be a club member. It works somewhat like Jury duty, though.

[Post New]by happygrams18 on Sep 5, 10 1:20 AM
I have read from other fishies that you are picked randomly. If Big Fish sees you play a lot of the hidden object games...then that is an indication to them that you might like to beta test one of their hidden object games.

If your genre is the time management games, you would probably eventually get one of those to Beta test.

Having said that, it doesn't always seem to be the case, but in the majority of times it is. So, just be patient...leave your messages as to your opinion on the games you have played..they read the messages and they just may see that you would be a good one to beta test.

I really don't think there is a lot of criteria to be able to beta test, so don't give up. It probably is a drawing of names. I have been playing a couple of years and have beta tested about 3 times, but I see where others are "called upon" to do it more often...luck of the draw maybe or their good reporting about games.

I think when you leave messages on a particular game site as to how you felt about the game you played, that you need to say more than "I liked it" or "I did not like it"...need to go into more detail as to why...such as the graphics, the music, the story, etc.

Good luck...hope you both get your names drawn soon. Big Fish will notify you by email. Now fishies...if I have told these other fishies wrong you be sure and correct me....as I am just guessing as to how you get chosen and what little I have read about other fishies comments.

Back to the pond now and look at the new offering Nightmare Adventures: The Witch's Prison.

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Sep 5, 10 1:43 AM
I finally got one, after 2 years. It was for Drawn. I got it the day it came out. It would not let me test. I was bummed out.

BossBrat
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by BossBrat on Sep 5, 10 2:09 AM
I have beta tested several games for Big Fish. Some of the worked great, some of them wouldn't work at all. It's pretty random, I think, as to being chosen as a beta tester. Someone compared it to jury duty and that's pretty close. My husband has been called for jury duty 4 times while I have never been called. Yep, as random as jury duty, lol.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Sep 5, 10 2:43 AM
Try googling beta testing. I did this and am with a site that does a lot of previews etc. Beta test at least twice a month but unforunately not always HOG's. Good fun.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Sep 5, 10 3:10 AM
I have been a BF Game Club Member since 2006 and have only beta tested two games - and they were both earlier this year! So, I guess it is REALLY random. LOL

Hang in there gentlegirl & Honeybun!!

[Post New]by wolffiveclaw on Sep 5, 10 3:27 AM
I got one th eother week... it was jerky and the cursor wouldn't move properly. 1st question was did I have any major tech probs so I clicked yes and it said sorry and that was it no more questions... even though I'd actually sat and done my darndest to play the thing for the full length of time
Hardly worth the bother.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Sep 5, 10 3:44 AM
Just a tip, wolffiveclaw, if you want to add more comments: You can restart the survey and answer "No" to the major tech probs question. I believe it's meant rather for the problem of not being able to start the game. Later in the survey you'll usually have the possibility of adding the other tech remarks.

And a reading tip for those who asked about beta testing at BFG; there's a thread "Sneak Peek Program - game discussions" in CCC (Chit Chat Corner):

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/88363.page
(copy and paste into your browser address bar)

that might answer some of the questions, and where Picman/Paul Thelen wrote:

picman050967 wrote: ... We send invitations based on your purchase history. If you buy mostly TM games, you will mostly be sent TM invitations.

These are games anti-virus test and secured and you will download from BFG. They will be 60 minute trial versions only (often the games are not completed much beyond 60 minutes.)

Picman

bkl8303
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by bkl8303 on Sep 5, 10 4:03 AM
I have purchased close to 100 HOG's if not more. I would really like to be a beta tester at least once. I absolutely luv BF.

Teach496
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by Teach496 on Sep 5, 10 4:19 AM
Sign me up!!

unicornone
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by unicornone on Sep 5, 10 5:28 AM
maybe that is where BFG is missing a golden opportunity and should profile the system gamers have as it seems a lot of problems comes from different set ups, instead of a random selection of testers. For example I use a Mac with VMware fusion to play pc games and this can find problems with games that other pc gamers do not experience. Given a choice I would rather play a game on a mac than a pc as that seems more reliable but some developers do not create games for macs.

One bug bear is that when a game comes out BFG do not always let you know if a mac release is on the way. I wish they would as I would then wait ... or not if I had more info.

[Post New]by navybabe162 on Sep 5, 10 5:50 AM
I buy mostly HOG's but a few weeks ago I was asked to beta test a TM game. I played it for only a few minutes. I didn't want to not try it again in case I was not asked to test again.

Go to: