Stuck Stuck Stuck in the Library from........

[Post New]by vegascove on Sep 5, 10 12:30 AM
I cannot figure this passage of the game out to save my life. I understand Section, Alcove, Shelf, and book. I got those clues, I also tried to place the tac on the painting, and place the string back. Can't find the Sections, Alcove, Shelves and books, can't open the chest , can't retrieve the thread and tacks disappear when I try to retrieve as well. I have been trying this passage for a week with no luck. Please, can anyone help me with the clues, and walk me through this area so that I can get on with the game.......I am so frustrated but I could pull my hair out. Thanks for any help!!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:Stuck Stuck Stuck in the Library from........

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 5, 10 3:10 AM
Book puzzle first.
Look at the Latin inscription at the top of the alcove.
Look at the Latin inscription at the top of the section
Look at the Latin inscription on the shelf
Look at the Latin inscription on the book.
You are after one letter (sometimes first, sometimes last) from each such that you match the four sets of letters in blood on the floor, eg ARMA.

Whilst more than one alcove may end in A, only one of them will have R as the first / last letter of the section, etc.

[Post New]by vegascove on Sep 6, 10 2:47 PM
I still don't see what your saying. When I go to the alcoves, nothing matches except the priest telling me I am wasting his time.

Been working on this ten days now......please tell me what you can to get me through one, and perhaps that will allow me to further my departure into this vast unknown.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 8, 10 3:47 AM
Stand outside the alcoves and look above them. All 5 have a Latin inscription.
Take the last letter of that inscription and match it against the first letter of the group of 4.

First set of letters - ARMA. First letter of group - A. Find a Latin inscription above the alcove that ends in A.

The one you want is Ad astra per asper a.

Go into that alcove and look at the Latin inscription at the top of the bookcase. The last letter of the Latin inscription must match the second letter of the group of 4, in this case R.

The one you want is Incerta curatio certus dolo r.

Having found the bookcase, look at the inscription on the shelf. The Latin inscription you want ends in M.

Having found the shelf, look for a book with the fourth letter of the group of 4.

If you do this correctly for ARMA, you will find an empty space on the shelf - the book has been taken.

Repeat the process for SUNT, INDE MALA. Those three books are there.

Go to: