Problems with cursor

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

Problems with cursor

[Post New]by Robilyn on Sep 5, 10 1:03 AM
I didn't see a thread for problems, so I will start one. You can not pick up items in your inventory, with the cursor. You have to click, and click and hope it works. Please let us all know when this is fixed. I want to buy this game, but not with this kind of problems.

Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

Problems with cursor

[Post New]by Elkestra on Sep 5, 10 1:04 AM
Robilyn wrote:I didn't see a thread for problems, so I will start one. You can not pick up items in your inventory, with the cursor. You have to click, and click and hope it works. Please let us all know when this is fixed. I want to buy this game, but not with this kind of problems.

Try turning off the custom cursor - that solved most of the problems I had with slowdown/juddering when I had an object in hand. You'll still get some limited cursor changes even with custom cursor turned off, so you'll still be able to see what you can look at, pick up, etc.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

Re:Problems with cursor

[Post New]by govegril on Sep 5, 10 1:18 AM
Even with custom cursor off the cursor wont cooperate.

I have tried it on both my computers and I do not have a cursor problem on my laptop - even custom cursor works fine.
The laptop is a
2.4gb Intel core duo
Windows Vista
4gm RAM
NVIDEA 8600 256mb

My desktop which the cursor wont work properley is
3.2gb Intel Pentium 4
Windows Vista
4gb RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5750 1GB

edit: I even just tried switch my mouse over to see if my mouse the problem- but nope- only laptop works properley

Edited on 09/05/2010 at 1:22:53 AM PST

Mrs_Kim
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by Mrs_Kim on Sep 5, 10 1:26 AM
Hello everyone!!
This game looks promising
But is it just me or the cursor is a bit slower when I play this game?
Anyone knows whether there's any chance for this game to go to the Daily Deal?

yhtt
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by yhtt on Sep 5, 10 1:36 AM
I would buy this in an instant if it wasn't for the jerky cursor - played 37 mins but spent most of it trying to pick up and use inventory items - the rest of the game plays ok just the interaction with the cursor ruined it for me, so disappointed as I've been longing for a decent game of this type. If it gets sorted or someone finds a solution I'll buy it, but not like this.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Sep 5, 10 1:40 AM
Yes the problem is interacting with inventory items.

You can try turning off the custom cursor- that may help some of you.

Nothing I do here helps on my desktop.

[Post New]by genegenie on Sep 5, 10 1:50 AM
I too have having problems with the cursor, and picking up inventory items, very frustrating. Seems like it could be a good game, but cannot enjoy it with the slow cursor etc.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Sep 5, 10 1:54 AM
Me too. No buy.

Helmaron
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Helmaron on Sep 5, 10 2:01 AM
Jerky, slow cursor and I couldn't even change the player name.

Won't waste my time with this.

I have uninstalled it already.

No sale!

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Sep 5, 10 2:04 AM
this game is horrible!try during half an hour to take something in inventory and it is almost the next item that move after 12 tries!and when TV works,no way to choose any program!did they test this one?not to buy if it would stay like this!

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Sep 5, 10 2:10 AM
this game is horrible!very promising but not well done!i spent 30mn trying to move something fron inventory,and when something moves ,it is the bad item!and after switching on TV,not possible to choose programs!not to buy ,and i was interested by this story,however!

BossBrat
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by BossBrat on Sep 5, 10 2:14 AM
I played the entire hour and had none of the problems you all have mentioned. The cursor worked fine in both custom and normal settings. I prefer the regular cursor but tried both ways since I read on here some were having problems. I also had no problems whatsoever picking up items from the inventory or adding items to the inventory.

Oh, edmee 1947, you aren't supposed to change the channels on the tv, lol. That's what it wouldn't work. If you turn on the t.v. you will notice the channel that's showing is a program guide and that's what's important to the game, not being able to change channels.

Maybe you need to uninstall and reinstall if you downloaded during the first half hour or so after release. Sometimes I think that there are so many downloading at the same time that not only does it slow down the the time to download and install, but it also causes glitches. I have done the same thing and installed again later on, sometimes the following day, and had no problems at all. Just a suggestion.

Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

[Post New]by Elkestra on Sep 5, 10 2:15 AM
edmee1947 wrote:this game is horrible!very promising but not well done!i spent 30mn trying to move something fron inventory,and when something moves ,it is the bad item!and after switching on TV,not possible to choose programs!not to buy ,and i was interested by this story,however!

Some people (myself included) have found that turning off the Custom Cursor can help with moving inventory items.

As for the TV, you don't need to change channels - the information you need is already on-screen.

grsloop
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by grsloop on Sep 5, 10 2:27 AM
Custom cursor is off but still having the same problem as several others.

Mamoufle
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by Mamoufle on Sep 5, 10 2:31 AM
Hi

I have the same problem with the cursor. I changed it in the options menu but it is always very difficult to take a thing from the inventory. I stop playing the demo and I am waiting if there is an update.

goddess280653
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by goddess280653 on Sep 5, 10 2:46 AM
Yep me too - always turn custom cursor off and my pc has all the requirements to run this game - also having same issues with DD Dept 42 - sometimes I just don't get it !!!
Looks like a great game too !!

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Sep 5, 10 2:52 AM
Same problem - cursor's not working right in inventory. Tried custom cursor on and off, tried windowed and full screen - no change.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Sep 5, 10 2:58 AM
This game looked very promising and I nearly bought it without trying it. Glad I didn't, my cursor, after letting me pick up a gear and a cloth, is floating all over the place. Nothing I can do. It a shame as the game seemed great........

hrmliz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by hrmliz on Sep 5, 10 3:01 AM
having the same problem would like to buy but not like this

queenjoy
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

[Post New]by queenjoy on Sep 5, 10 3:12 AM
I just wanted to say that i to had the same problem with the cursor, everytime i tried to pick up an object out of the inventory it when into slow motion mode and wouldn't pick up half the time and turning off the cursor didn't work for me ether so i gave up with 35min left. I liked the look of the game but just can't play it that way, sorry BFG.

Go to: