jackryan
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

Slow

[Post New]by jackryan on Sep 5, 10 3:23 AM
This looks like it could be a brilliant game, just my type. But there seems to be a prob with the cursor juddering and game running too slow when in inventory or dong a puzzle !!

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

Re:Slow

[Post New]by vicalana on Sep 5, 10 3:30 AM
A lot of people - including me - have found that too!

melmal
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by melmal on Sep 5, 10 3:32 AM
i've just finished the demo and enjoyed it but i had the same problem. the cursor is very slow to respond and hard to control during the puzzles and at some other times during the game. i had to exit the game with 3 minutes demo time left as i couldn't control the cursor during a puzzle. shame, as i would probably buy it if it weren't for that problem.

Edited on 09/05/2010 at 3:32:39 AM PST

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Sep 5, 10 3:55 AM
I didn't have any cursor problems, but I almost always turn off the custom cursor and have it turned off in this game - maybe this would help?

lax1822
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by lax1822 on Sep 5, 10 4:03 AM
I'm having the same problem and I've deactivated the custom cursor. What's up with that?

Catghost
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Catghost on Sep 5, 10 4:04 AM
For those with cursorproblems: did you try and adjust the cursorsettings in Configuration? I've got mine set to fast and all the other things turned off (like pointers etc.) I have never had cursor-issues (that needed to be mentioned )
Hope this helps.

Edited on 09/05/2010 at 4:07:11 AM PST

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by carolinacat on Sep 5, 10 4:53 AM
Yes, slow for me, too. I don't like the jittery cursor issues and won't purchase a game I'm annoyed with right from the start.

[Post New]by weejack on Sep 5, 10 5:45 AM
when in the inventory unable to collect things to use very annoying like the game needs update.

bfgOkeechobee
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

[Post New]by bfgOkeechobee on Sep 5, 10 6:14 PM
I just wanted to pop in and let everyone know we're aware of the issues some folks are having with the cursor in the game and are actively working on this issue.

If you are getting the bouncy cursor, you may want to try updating your video card driver and/or Direct X. These updates fix most common display errors. Here is a help article with more information: Game Crashing, Freezing, Blank Screen.

If you have tried these steps and are still having issues it would be helpful to send a Dr. Felix in your message to Customer Support. Dr. Felix is a diagnostic reporting tool the tech team uses to get a lot more specific information about what is happening with the game. If you're uncomfortable completing the following steps, I want to urge you to contact Customer Support for more specific help.

Click here to start Dr. Felix

1. Select 'Run' or 'Save File' to download the Dr. Felix file to your desktop.
2. Next, open the 'DrFelixBigFish' file.
3. Once you’ve agreed to the terms, Dr. Felix will start gathering information.
4. Wait for Dr. Felix to finish, then click the 'Next' button.
5. A .zip file, named 'DrFelixResults' will save to your desktop.
6. Attach the zip file to your support ticket. You don't have to open the .zip file if you don't want to, it's already collected the information it needs.

Click here for information on how to attach a file to your support ticket.

And since we've already stickied another tech issues thread, I'm going to lock this one up. You can access the stickied thread from here.

Thanks everyone!

bfgOkeechobee

Go to: