Game won't play

[Post New]by SmokeyPH on Sep 5, 10 4:01 AM
Game blocky (large areas of the screen white) and every time I press a button or option in the game, the window minimises itself. All drivers up-to-date, graphics card a little old but hasn't had problems with any other games! Windows 7 system, flash, etc all the latest versions. Can't play it. Any ideas?

dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

Game won't play

[Post New]by dk5793 on Sep 5, 10 4:34 AM
SmokeyPH wrote:Game blocky (large areas of the screen white) and every time I press a button or option in the game, the window minimises itself. All drivers up-to-date, graphics card a little old but hasn't had problems with any other games! Windows 7 system, flash, etc all the latest versions. Can't play it. Any ideas?

I had this problem, too. I uninstalled, did a theraputic reboot, and reinstalled. The problem disappeared, and everything seems to be okay now. Hope this works for you.

Later: I just realized that the one thing I should mention is that before I reinstalled, I also disabled my anti-virus temporarily. AV can sometimes interfere with an installation, but be sure you trust the source before you disable.

Edited on 09/05/2010 at 10:46:20 AM PST

Re:Game won't play

[Post New]by SmokeyPH on Sep 5, 10 4:50 AM
Brilliant - worked a treat. Many thanks!

dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

Re:Game won't play

[Post New]by dk5793 on Sep 5, 10 6:29 AM
SmokeyPH wrote:Brilliant - worked a treat. Many thanks!

You're ever so welcome! This is always the first thing I try when something is farkled -- it's surprising how often this works!

Go to: