carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

Post any Nightmare Adventures:The Witch's Prison technical issues here only

[Post New]by carolinacat on Sep 5, 10 4:20 AM
I don't see this topic yet, so I'll post my first experience downloading this.

I downloaded it and while installing, it crashed my computer. It then didn't finish, I had to reboot and don't see it installed in the Game Manager, so I'm going to try and download it one more time.

Edited on 09/07/2010 at 9:17:30 AM PST

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

Re:Nightmare Adventures:The Witch's Prison - Technical Issues

[Post New]by MoreOver on Sep 5, 10 4:40 AM
I have the bouncing cursor problem as discussed in another thread. I guess I'll have to wait for an update since I already purchased the game,.

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by carolinacat on Sep 5, 10 4:51 AM
I downloaded it a second time without issues but yes, I also have that stupid bouncing cursor. Not enjoyable.

clermontsmith
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by clermontsmith on Sep 5, 10 5:31 AM
Way too slow and jumpy.it is not just the cursor. I changed mine and set it to fast. The entire game is slow. What a shame It is my kinda game. Not worth the stress if the tech problems are not resolved. It gets old yelling at a game I paid for and of course it not listening or responding.

New1
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by New1 on Sep 5, 10 5:41 AM
I have the same problem...the cursor has a mind of it's own, very frustrating. I too bought the game!

bamc
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by bamc on Sep 5, 10 5:54 AM
I also had cursor problems. I changed the cursor settings, and was able to get the ladder and last gear, but trying to move gear into puzzle was futile. I un installed. Let me know when the problem is corrected. I also like this kind of game, but not the frustration of the Nightmare Cursor!!! ()

SueDee67
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by SueDee67 on Sep 5, 10 6:08 AM
Same problem here with using the cursor, either one, game or mine. Cannot use inventory articles, and the cursor is all over the place. Hope they update it soon.
Looks like a good game. What little I saw of it...9 minutes.

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Sep 5, 10 6:08 AM
I have to agree with the earlier comments - this looks like a great game, but it is WAY too glitchy. I was able to get to the graveyard, and still have 18 minutes left of the demo. I will wait and see if the issues are resolved and finish playing if they are. I would really like to play this game, as the puzzles seem to be just the right level of difficulty for me, and I do appreciate the humor (the hidden object scene is a hoot!), but right now, this game needs more work!

[Post New]by babs7173 on Sep 5, 10 6:17 AM
I also have a bouncing curser, getting on my last nerve. Any way to stop it?

[Post New]by early_morning_ja on Sep 5, 10 6:19 AM
way toooooooooooo sssssssssssssllllllllllllowwwwwwwww. Quit after one min of trying to use inventory

[Post New]by DrGreed on Sep 5, 10 6:34 AM
No cursor problems here. Games running fine. Have gotten to theiron gate where need the mold of a hand. Completed all and now need the mold of hand.. "HELP" says there should still be some water in that bottle... WHAT DANG BOTTLE??? no bottle no where!
HELP!!!

brandy914
Minnow
Minnow
270 Posts

[Post New]by brandy914 on Sep 5, 10 7:21 AM
I am having the same problem with cursor when accessing inventory items. The cursor works fine until you try to pull something out of the inventory box and then it is so slow you feel like you are trying to pull an item out of a tar pit. I turned off the custom cursor and it did not help. Is there going to be an update to fix the problem? It looks like a great game that I would buy if the cursor issue is resolved but until them it's a sad no for me

misty5
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by misty5 on Sep 5, 10 7:28 AM
My problem is the game won't install once the download is completed. I've tried installing several times and keep getting the same "Installation Failed" message. Sounds like this game may have too many glitches to be worth bothering about.

shortgamer
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by shortgamer on Sep 5, 10 7:32 AM
Cursor bounces all over the place when trying to use an inventory item. I tried to speed up cursor, turned off custom cursor, all to no avail. I wasted half an hour demo time just trying to fix the bouncing cursor.
It has to be a game issue as there are more than 30 posts already with the same issue.
I wonder how long before it gets fixed as this is a holiday weekend?????

[Post New]by soshayna on Sep 5, 10 7:34 AM
Yes, I too have the problem with the cursor. I played 5 minutes of the game and won't waste the energy playing anymore or purchasing until there is a solution..wayyyy too frustrating.

Edited on 09/05/2010 at 7:35:56 AM PST

JosCafe
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by JosCafe on Sep 5, 10 7:37 AM
Using Windows Vista on a Delll Laptop -

Game downloaded and installed, but when trying to run it, the screen just flashes over and over and over .. have to use task manager, find it and shut it down.

I uninstalled it.

doccat5
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by doccat5 on Sep 5, 10 8:01 AM
I am also having problems with the cursor bouncing around. I managed to get in the house and hook up the power at which point the cursor no longer wanted cooperate. I'd consider buying if the glitches can be fixed.

grammyapples
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by grammyapples on Sep 5, 10 8:12 AM
Hope we get a fix for cursor problem soon.
Changed from custom cursor but still glitchy and sticky.
Looks like a great game!

[Post New]by Lkokanee on Sep 5, 10 8:22 AM
Crashed my computer. I won't try again unless it is fixed.

smyates
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by smyates on Sep 5, 10 8:47 AM
Downloaded and tried to play for appx 30 min. Could not get items from inventory. Please let me know when these Tech issues have been resolved. Think it may be a fun game to play!

Go to: